Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MaximilianK posted:

Is there anything watchable on Discovery+? I got three months free with pandora.

House Hunters

come for the irrational domestic purchases, stay for the toxic couples trying to move abroad on the international version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Does no one like Survivorman? Cause Survivorman

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Ya I've been "shitposting" on my Connecticut reddit. I blame the dems hardddddd about this situation and what I'm getting back is "NO ITS THE GOP'S EVIL WAYS"

I honestly thought they would have saved this gem for 2024 but I guess the dems getting clobbered in the midterms works for people that don't want a working government. Next two years is gonna be a blast. Nina Totenberg is gonna have to retire because of the stupidity.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Man, this is like the Last of Us 2 leak all over again.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

General Dog posted:

It's good to know that there will be some of us left after this abortion craze we've been living through

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

This, How It's Made and all the How The Universe Works shows.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is the Awful App running like trash for anyone else right now, or just me?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

General Dog posted:

you know you can just not speak

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lmfao come ON

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1521520984733491200

jaadee
May 3, 2013

MaximilianK posted:

Is there anything watchable on Discovery+? I got three months free with pandora.

Home Town is a very wholesome home-finding + updating show. Set entirely in one small town in Mississippi with a local couple being the finders and updaters.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

https://youtu.be/19m2yB_q4Ro

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Why do people want more babies

Has anyone been anywhere recently? THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE ALREADY

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

Why do people want more babies

Has anyone been anywhere recently? THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE ALREADY

Sarcastic answer: they don't, they just want to create a permanent underclass by saddling poor/middle-class people with a lifelong financial obligation for having sex. Only the rubes and nut jobs actually think it's about protecting the unborn, the "life begins at conception" narrative is a post-Roe creation.

Sincere answer: the unborn are the ideal "constituency" for the right because they make no demands of their political ability nor question their political actions or legitimacy, plus they give the right a false morality to hide behind. This is from a longer quote from a Methodist pastor whose name escapes me, but that's the gist of it.

E: David Barnhart-
https://twitter.com/pl8ofshrimp/status/1278411940981665792

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 3, 2022

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MaximilianK posted:

Ya I've been "shitposting" on my Connecticut reddit. I blame the dems hardddddd about this situation and what I'm getting back is "NO ITS THE GOP'S EVIL WAYS"

I honestly thought they would have saved this gem for 2024 but I guess the dems getting clobbered in the midterms works for people that don't want a working government. Next two years is gonna be a blast. Nina Totenberg is gonna have to retire because of the stupidity.

genuinely curious what could happen where these people would actually blame the dems and not anyone else but

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

genuinely curious what could happen where these people would actually blame the dems and not anyone else but

I'd use a sports team analogy, but sports fans actually get mad when their teams make obvious mistakes, get blown out or draft scrubs.

It's more of a wrestling fan mindset. or maybe video game console warriors?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

K-Pop stans

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah it’s her schtick to be bamboozled and befuddled all the time.

Well GAWRSH I didn’t know they were going to open concentration camps. Oh well.

Collins gives all current & former residents of Caribou, Maine a bad name as being representative of the local populace.

:negative:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Guze posted:

A bunch of Americans are just straight up evil. Its bad!

Look, am I a perfect person? No. Would I vote to throw less fortunate people than myself worldwide into a woodchipper before I'd countenance the smallest incremental change in my standard of living? Likely. Would I rather see the end of myself, my family, and the entire human race before I'd see the end of American hegemony? You bet. Do those views merit so baroque a label as "evil"? Who's to say.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Also I think the standalone episodes of Atlanta this season have largely been better than the ones featuring the normal cast.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Discovery + is going to have my favorite drag queen remodelling a crumbling motel so that's what I'll watch.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

I love Survivorman and I totally understand that he retired from it because carrying the filming equipment and doing the walk away establishing shots for B roll was more taxing on him than he expected.

Bear Grylls got nothing on Les Stroud.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

CannonFodder posted:

I love Survivorman and I totally understand that he retired from it because carrying the filming equipment and doing the walk away establishing shots for B roll was more taxing on him than he expected.

Bear Grylls got nothing on Les Stroud.

I doubt Stroud'd ever want to come back for just for this, but I'd imagine having a drone around these days for establishing shots would save him some time and energy. But really, you're probably better off with a camera crew for survival shows, just to keep the survivalist from wasting energy lugging camera equipment around, and for safety reasons in the event an accident happens

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Didn't it come out that Bear Grylls stays in nearby hotels and such

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m pretty sure most, if not all, of Bourdain’s shows are on Discovery+

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Whenever I send a patient to the Er from the office I just refresh his chart all night to see if the attending calls me a dumbass

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Whenever I send a patient to the Er from the office I just refresh his chart all night to see if the attending calls me a dumbass

I’m convinced that embarrassment avoidance is the greatest best-practices clinical motivator.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My girlfriend got offered a job at the Miami VA. Its a job she really wanted and working as a Pharmacist in the VA is soooooo sweet. Great benefits, loads of time off, and is an accredited program. Plus, once she finishes this PGY-2, she should be able to easily get a permanent position in the VA system. Now to figure out what to do with the dogs, because we are pretty sure the hound can't handle the city....

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I’m convinced that embarrassment avoidance is the greatest best-practices clinical motivator.

A few months ago the Dr. GF cut her thumb trying to break up some hard ice cream with a knife and stitched it herself because she didn't want to go into her own ER and talk about it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

A few months ago the Dr. GF cut her thumb trying to break up some hard ice cream with a knife and stitched it herself because she didn't want to go into her own ER and talk about it.

My worst nightmare is getting horribly injured and having all my trauma nurse buddies watch my scrotum swell up with serial fluid challenges while I’m intubated.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Patients being admitted!! Yes!! (No)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

So, my impression after about a year of hearing extensively about ER life is that 80-90% of the job is finding the pill or test to give someone who’s already okay that will convince them they’re going to be okay. Is this accurate? Is it accurate if drug seekers are included?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Last year I fainted in an urgent care with pneumonia, got admitted to the ER and spent probably 2 hours getting fluids and covid tests pumped into me until they ejected me as quickly as humanly possibly at 11:55pm, I presume for billing reasons.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sometimes I stare off wistfully into the distance as I scribble fake notes and nod and go "mmhmm" as I enter a dream world where I'm free and joyful anyway how was your work day today

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

until they ejected me as quickly as humanly possibly at 11:55pm, I presume for billing reasons.

For un or underinsured people I'd assume a fair amount of emergency room stuff is trying to cycle you out immediately both for your own sake and for theirs?

It's not even necessarily evil from your caregiver's point of view. Unless you really need help in which case, yeah, someone's making that decision under pressure that shouldn't be on them.

e: disclaimer that I'm talking out of my rear end here since my only experience with emergency rooms is being the guy who takes a friend or family member there and observes from far away.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 4, 2022

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It's of course the GOP pandering to their base but this is pretty clear cut.

GOP - Abortion bad let's end it

Dems - The issue is settled

To me it seems like the Dems just gave up fighting politically for it. Let's take the '06 -'08 super majority, the Dems theoretically could have rammed whatever they wanted through congress. Maybe actually pass some federal laws protecting abortion? Nope, lets just settle on Supreme Court precedent, because those can never change right? If you are an elected national official, I feel you should know the in and outs of all the silly rules of the government. The house whip should have been beating down doors day and night to get something like that passed. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.

It seems to me that the Dems keep capitulating just enough to keep the base and that's it. I've never voted Dem if I have had a choice. I vote Working Families line.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

MaximilianK posted:

Let's take the '06 -'08 super majority, the Dems theoretically could have rammed whatever they wanted through congress. Maybe actually pass some federal laws protecting abortion? Nope, lets just settle on Supreme Court precedent, because those can never change right? If you are an elected national official, I feel you should know the in and outs of all the silly rules of the government. The house whip should have been beating down doors day and night to get something like that passed. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.

The Democratic supermajority was '09 to '11 but in actuality only lasted 72 days. They crammed the Affordable Care Act, an absurdly huge piece of legislation, into that span.

Granted, the ACA was made toothless by Democrats being disingenuous idiot fucksticks, and disingenuous Democratic idiot fuckstickery is largely to blame for where we find ourselves today, and the Democrats will continue to be disingenuous idiot fucksticks even as they get completely demolished in November and lose the White House in 2024 and a Republican-led Congress and Republican president immediately pass and sign into law federal-level bans on abortion, same-sex marriage, and contraception, but to quote basically every Democratic idiot fuckstick for the past [checks watch] twenty years, "who else are you going to vote for?"

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 4, 2022

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
GOP has plans for a moratorium on all immigration, legal and illegal. That is certainly part of their plans for the decade

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Let’s face it, it’s a lot easier to tear things down than to build things up. Republicans really want to tear things down, and democrats are ambivalent about building up. Everything is going to keep getting worse until Dems grow a spine, or enough people get sick of Republicans always making things worse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

and democrats are ambivalent about building up.

Remember when they were selling the idea that Biden was going to be the next FDR regarding this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Why would any elected Democrat care when none of this effects them?