Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Silly Burrito posted:

Too dam many

boooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

wandler20 posted:

Vernon Hargreaves was a mistake

No. I checked. They definitely picked up his 5th year option.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Sataere posted:

No. I checked. They definitely picked up his 5th year option.

Drafting him was the mistake.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Man that N/A next to Haskins is pretty sad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BigPaddy posted:

I thought marriage was a beaver tranquilizer?
This needs more love.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Recursive posted:

Man that N/A next to Haskins is pretty sad.

Yeah I had that same thought :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's interesting that guards and centers only get extended half the time, given that if you're drafting G/C in the first you should be REALLY SURE that they're worthwhile.

Pick #11 having a perfect hit rate is funny.

??? That's true of every position. The gently caress are you drafting anyone high if you're not REALLY SURE they're worthwhile?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doltos posted:

??? That's true of every position. The gently caress are you drafting anyone high if you're not REALLY SURE they're worthwhile?

Positional value

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So since Hopkins got hit with a 6 instead of 4 game suspension doesn’t that mean he was in the extra testing protocol?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

Positional value

So it's okay to take a DE if you think he's not that good?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

more like you're willing to make a riskier bet on a DE earlier than G

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doltos posted:

Using that example, yeah. Hitting on a DE is probably going to have a greater impact on your team, yes, compared to hitting on a guard unless it's like Quenton Nelson. There are also other teams competing for DE prospects, so you'll want to use your early picks on strong DE prospects since it's not as likely that you'll get someone falling to later rounds.

The Packers haven't drafted a guard with their first round pick since 1994. The closest they got was Elgton Jenkins a couple years ago and they still waited until the 2nd to draft him, spending their first round picks on a DE and safety.

e: is this really that controversial? Going by the same chart that sparked this discussion the only position with a comparable draft rate to G/C over the past decade is TE and RB.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

Using that example, yeah. Hitting on a DE is probably going to have a greater impact on your team, yes, compared to hitting on a guard unless it's like Quenton Nelson. There are also other teams competing for DE prospects, so you'll want to use your early picks on strong DE prospects since it's not as likely that you'll get someone falling to later rounds.

The Packers haven't drafted a guard with their first round pick since 1994. The closest they got was Elgton Jenkins a couple years ago and they still waited until the 2nd to draft him, spending their first round picks on a DE and safety.

e: is this really that controversial? Going by the same chart that sparked this discussion the only position with a comparable draft rate to G/C over the past decade is TE and RB.

I really disagree with this just because I think that guards are hard to find. You need power and agility moreso than OT's which is exceedingly hard to find in big men. Centers are whatever, I think they're a fungible position, but definitely not guards.

Either way if you have a top pick you have to be shooting at value vs pick no matter who they are. The only position that I see that not being the case is QB. I usually have a hard time pinpointing teams who overdraft in the first round. I know the media says different but even with poo poo like Cole Strange this year I can totally see teams valuing him where he was drafted. Like we're talking a few picks different in some cases. I think the Jets panic picked Garrett Wilson but even then I can justify him going 10th overall instead of 20th.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
O-linemen don't make a huge difference unless they're bad, in which case lmao prepare your spine, lil QB

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Y'all just be saying whatever huh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wise man once said GM who draft guard early soon seek new job

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The only 5th year option the Rams declined was Greg Robinson from 2014 but that was also the same draft they got Aaron Donald so who is the real loser here

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

The only 5th year option the Rams declined was Greg Robinson from 2014 but that was also the same draft they got Aaron Donald so who is the real loser here

Still all of us, collectively.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BrownThunder posted:

It's all I have

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

DariusLikewise posted:

the Cincinnati bengals

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a patagonian cavy posted:

the Cincinnati bengals

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

the Cincinnati bengals

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BrownThunder posted:

the Cincinnati bengals

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

cincinnati bengals top two franchise

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

cincinnati bengals top poo franchise

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kawalimus posting one of the best all time burns at Bengals fans will live forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i told him to say it

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
you’re lying

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It was like the odd quiet kid at school unexpectedly roundhouse kicking the bully right in the face and putting him in the hospital. It was terrific.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1521621435516473344

Brady came back to chase the record that matters

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Can’t let Bortles have anything

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Except the dream of constantly being called up by the boss that fired you to grovel for you to sit on a bench and get paid for paperwork reasons.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Do you think Bortles talks about his record?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not saying the Hue paid to lose games on purpose thing is true, but if it was Hue would need to be a loving moron to provide evidence of such because it's a felony with up to 5 years in prison.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Do you think Bortles talks about his record?

Remember the Bortles Facts account?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

cheesetriangles posted:

Hue would need to be a loving moron

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Strongest argument ever made that Hue isn't a moron

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Promising that the Browns wouldn’t ever go 1-15 again on his watch and then immediately going 0-16. Man’s an artist.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Promising that the Browns wouldn’t ever go 1-15 again on his watch and then immediately going 0-16. Man’s an artist.

One of the greatest moments in the history of the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The league just isn't the same without him in it.