Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
Ya they were only the 29th ranked offense instead of the 26th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Never Forget

Whenever you think this year's WR core is bad, just look at this.

Dan Bernstein was just talking about that on the Score lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

from Peter King:

Peter King posted:

Love what Detroit did. The night before the draft, in Vegas, Aidan Hutchinson’s sister, Aria, said as the pre-draft pressure was getting to everyone in the family: “Please, please, please let him get picked by Detroit!” Think of that. When’s the last time someone has wanted a loved one to go to the Detroit Lions? Night Train Lane? Joe Schmidt? The Hutchinsons live near Ford Field and are close, granted. But if they didn’t believe that the Lions had a chance to escape their hellhole, they’d never have been begging for Aidan to land there. The Lions felt similarly. After the Jaguars picked Travon Walker number one, the Lions told the league the pick was in, and it was Hutchinson—within a minute of the Walker pick. “We turned the card in so fast the league got mad at us,” said one Lion official.

As a Packers fan I'm not supposed to hope another player in the division is good but it'd be cool if Hutchinson stuck around with Detroit for his career.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Let's remember a guy

https://twitter.com/CHGO_Sports/status/1521266398135300098

Is he posting through it? Why yes, yes he is.

https://twitter.com/olin_kreutz/status/1521267509009256451

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
ahahaahahahahah

And there is no remembering, Bears fans remember Kreutz, he's (was) everywhere as far as bears media goes.

He got into an tiff with George McCaskey over how much they were offering to pay him, to help the OL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp_UfDBHFos&t=128s

which one of these dudes did he deck. Or was it support staff or someone on another beat.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 3, 2022

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
At least he has his minimum wage offer from the Bears to fall back on

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Dexo posted:

ahahaahahahahah

And there is no remembering, Bears fans remember Kreutz, he's (was) everywhere as far as bears media goes.

He got into an tiff with George McCaskey over how much they were offering to pay him, to help the OL.

which one of these dudes did he deck. Or was it support staff or someone on another beat.

We also remember him breaking Fred Miller's jaw during practice!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

ahahaahahahahah

I think he punched out Fred Miller.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ummagumma posted:

We also remember him breaking Fred Miller's jaw during practice!

Brought that up in a discord I'm in, yeah, I'm dying laughing rn

https://twitter.com/olin_kreutz/status/1521268700367802369

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

What the hell is CHGO_sports? Does he still have his job with whatever radio station he was working with? I thought he was which WSCR which is relatively high profile.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

What the hell is CHGO_sports? Does he still have his job with whatever radio station he was working with? I thought he was which WSCR which is relatively high profile.

CHGO Sports is a new chicago sports media start up that started earlier in the year.

I think there is a DNVR and a PHNX sports in those cities as well.

I don't think Olin ever had a job at WSCR, he was just a contributor, so they called and payed him probably per appearance.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Let's be honest. That dude probably needed to shut the gently caress up. There are some people you just don't gently caress with.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm surprised he'd endanger the magic fingers like that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sataere posted:

Let's be honest. That dude probably needed to shut the gently caress up. There are some people you just don't gently caress with.

Let's be honest, punching someone at work for saying something disagreeable is lovely indefensible behaviour. Response of a child, not a 44 year old.

We've probably all wanted to at some point but we have self-restraint.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

There are a couple of things that if said I would understand hands being thrown, but outside of that lol.

I doubt any of those things were said as the person who got hit still has a job...

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

forkboy84 posted:

Let's be honest, punching someone at work for saying something disagreeable is lovely indefensible behaviour. Response of a child, not a 44 year old.

We've probably all wanted to at some point but we have self-restraint.

I'm saying this tongue in cheek, but I doubt it comes across as well in text. I'm also an Olin Kreutz apologist because I just find him hilarious. He is a child in a 44 year olds body.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Olin vs Incognito. Whoever loses, society wins

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Amy Pole Her posted:

Olin vs Incognito. Whoever loses, society wins

Oh my god, how did they never end up on the same team!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If the guy had been dropping hard Rs or whatever, I imagine Bears Guy (I forgot his name and will not be hitting the back button to see what it is) would have led with that rather than a Mike Tyson boomer meme.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Plus it’s hard to imagine a company fully supporting an employee if he did that

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean except the giants but that goes unsaid

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sataere posted:

I'm saying this tongue in cheek, but I doubt it comes across as well in text. I'm also an Olin Kreutz apologist because I just find him hilarious. He is a child in a 44 year olds body.

With how much brain damage he took in the trenches I should probably be more forgiving anyway

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I think Lowry is going to have to play out of his mind in training camp and/or the new guys have to be horrible to make the Packers team. They can save 6 million and they have some massive contracts to pay out between Alexander and Jenkins.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hand Row posted:

I think Lowry is going to have to play out of his mind in training camp and/or the new guys have to be horrible to make the Packers team. They can save 6 million and they have some massive contracts to pay out between Alexander and Jenkins.

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!!!!

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Well I guess we now know more about how the Kreutz assault at CHGO went down: https://twitter.com/Suntimes/status/1521550413270589441?s=20&t=auVOi8v6vhavFUFrLQsbFA

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/runbackdave/status/1521583970521133061

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hoge is the loving best.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Thats it? Dude got upset about a bears draft and the fact that Hoge said he was too negative? What a fuckin baby. Does he lose his poo poo every year at draft time?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Props to Hoge for leaving out "and everybody clapped." when he called the Athletic. Respect it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MJeff posted:

Props to Hoge for leaving out "and everybody clapped." when he called the Athletic. Respect it.

He does a podcast for them lol

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

MJeff posted:

I went to https://www.jackass.fuckface.com to get Olin's take and it's not up yet.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I don't understand the mentality of needing to beat someone up because of something they said. What does that even prove? I always tell my son the minute you start using your fists, you've stopped using your brain.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I imagine it's some combination of a lifetime of being rewarded for acting hyper-aggressively, receiving multiple high-impact head injuries on a weekly basis, and just being a plain old jerk.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Sataere posted:

I always tell my son the minute you start using your fists, you've stopped using your brain.

I enjoy this new era of SA, where we get goon’s sun tzu’s art of parenting

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

News: Vikings v Saints in London

Views:

https://twitter.com/ViktorTheViking/status/1521823182772133888?t=X4yjN0SuuacQBo0rnjACuA&s=19

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

They should play the game in Lindisfarne imo

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Pontius Pilate posted:

I enjoy this new era of SA, where we get goon’s sun tzu’s art of parenting