Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I’m starting to think some of you aren’t getting the why joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I hope Kransinki being Reed is just for this incarnation and my fan fiction theory of Jonathan Majors also being Reed with Kang being an evil Reed is what actually happens

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 2, 2022

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

thrawn527 posted:

Maybe. OTOH, think about Black Bolt and what this story will require his actor to do. Basically this dude wears the costume in a room with much better actors, sits there and keeps his loving mouth shut. They know the guy can wear the costume. Put that way... Why Not?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Everyone posted:

Maybe. OTOH, think about Black Bolt and what this story will require his actor to do. Basically this dude wears the costume in a room with much better actors, sits there and keeps his loving mouth shut. They know the guy can wear the costume. Put that way... Why Not?

Anson Mount was never the problem. He's a great actor. The problem was everything else really.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Whyyyy

Lol.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New Trek next week with him doing the classic stuff. Maybe it'll be good...??

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

thrawn527 posted:

I just keep reading them in the voice of Derek Zoolander.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Vintersorg posted:

New Trek next week with him doing the classic stuff. Maybe it'll be good...??

It’s run by the same people who made Picard and Discovery. Abandon hope.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I hope Kransinki being Reed is just two for this incarnation and my fan fiction theory of Jonathan Majors also being Reed with Kang being an evil Reed is what actually happens

That would be a pretty good way to do it, and set up some interesting conflict when the "good" Reed shows and has to figure out why everyone hates him.

Alternatively anybody but Krasinki would be fine by me, Pratt already has the earnest patriot cop lover position covered among the main MCU actors.

Unrelated - finally got around to watching NWH and it was fine but I can't remember a MCU movie that felt so... shaky? The first half hour or so were dire enough that I almost turned it off, but after that the rest was entertaining enough. Could've used more Garfield and McGuire, using Foxx as glorified comic relief was pretty bad, the ending was just okay. Were the actors for Sandman and Lizard even actually in this or was that all historical footage with some CGI? Dafoe and Molina were great, there's some stuff about Peter Parker's mentors all being great scientists who end up evil or dead (Stark) that could've used more exploring. Impossible not to notice that they took 3 movies to cover an arc that Raimi pulled off in SM 1 (and reestablished in the first 15 minutes of SM 2). Overall it left me wanting to see Garfield get a third movie more than anything else with Holland.

MZ edit: spoiler tagged post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 4, 2022

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
With regards to the Doctor Strange stuntcasting spoilers, who wore it better?

SPOILERS:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mat Cauthon posted:

Unrelated - finally got around to watching NWH and it was fine but I can't remember a MCU movie that felt so... shaky? The first half hour or so were dire enough that I almost turned it off, but after that the rest was entertaining enough. Could've used more Garfield and McGuire, using Foxx as glorified comic relief was pretty bad, the ending was just okay. Were the actors for Sandman and Lizard even actually in this or was that all historical footage with some CGI? Dafoe and Molina were great, there's some stuff about Peter Parker's mentors all being great scientists who end up evil or dead (Stark) that could've used more exploring. Impossible not to notice that they took 3 movies to cover an arc that Raimi pulled off in SM 1 (and reestablished in the first 15 minutes of SM 2). Overall it left me wanting to see Garfield get a third movie more than anything else with Holland.

It's a pretty bad movie, buoyed by some good performances from Molina, Dafoe and Garfield. Garfield shows up and proves how bad Holland and Maguire are. Maguire still sounds like he's on the verge of tears, Holland's accent is glaringly weak.

It's cobbled together to check off marketing boxes.

I'd watch a third Garfield Spider-Man happily.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Valve Steam Deck posted:

With regards to the Doctor Strange stuntcasting spoilers, who wore it better?

SPOILERS:

And... time to leave this thread until I can see the movie maybe Wednesday of next week.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Everyone posted:

And... time to leave this thread until I can see the movie maybe Wednesday of next week.

I think these are all just different universe versions, I wouldn't worry too much. They'll probably all die by the end.

e: like by the time we get to xmen for real patrick stewart will be like 100, i'm sure we'll see him die in this

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

well why not posted:

It's a pretty bad movie, buoyed by some good performances from Molina, Dafoe and Garfield. Garfield shows up and proves how bad Holland and Maguire are. Maguire still sounds like he's on the verge of tears, Holland's accent is glaringly weak.

It's cobbled together to check off marketing boxes.

I'd watch a third Garfield Spider-Man happily.

Well Garfield is easily the best actor of the bunch, but Maguire is the perfect spiderman, just an effortless smarmy goober

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

NWH is good by the sole virtue of it erasing MCU Peter Parker from existence.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Barreft posted:

I think these are all just different universe versions, I wouldn't worry too much. They'll probably all die by the end.

e: like by the time we get to xmen for real patrick stewart will be like 100, i'm sure we'll see him die in this

They’ll probably all die by the end of this very scene. I’m guessing this is all for a quick, if admittedly fun, cameo.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

They’ll probably all die by the end of this very scene. I’m guessing this is all for a very quick, if admittedly fun, cameo.

It's a weird mix because there's characters from a prior series, at least casting wise, a prior show and fancasting fan casting and then two characters from the MCU. Killing the latter two off would be less fun than the former three.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 3, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

They’ll probably all die by the end of this very scene. I’m guessing this is all for a quick, if admittedly fun, cameo.

Yeah that's what I meant. Said it better then me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yikes posting that.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Edit: Dead
Going to drop this here in case anyone wants a free Doctor Strange movie promo pin:
https://www.disneymovieinsiders.com/reward/575619

Have to sign up for Disney Movie Insiders though

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 3, 2022

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

amazing power stances there

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Who’s that supposed to be on the right in the spoiler image?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Who’s that supposed to be on the right in the spoiler image?

Maria Rambeau

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Is it Maria Rambeau or Monica Rambeau ?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Ok

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Valve Steam Deck posted:

Is it Maria Rambeau or Monica Rambeau ?

It's Maria. Presumably from a timeline where Mar-Vell chose her instead of Carol to co-pilot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crows Turn Off posted:

The rumor I want confirmed is Tom Cruise as Iron-Man.

Was cut apparently, along with Deadpool

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Use spoilers next time

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

teagone posted:

NWH is good by the sole virtue of it erasing MCU Peter Parker from existence.

If they ever tackle The Sentry, I'd love to see them do a fake Disney+ Marvel Studios: Legends episode about him, splicing him into footage from the old movies and gushing about the Sentry: No Way Home movie that was replaced by Spidey after everyone's memory was wiped.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Robot Style posted:

If they ever tackle The Sentry, I'd love to see them do a fake Disney+ Marvel Studios: Legends episode about him, splicing him into footage from the old movies and gushing about the Sentry: No Way Home movie that was replaced by Spidey after everyone's memory was wiped.

Adding him to movies that are on Disney+ without saying anything, then doing that would be the way to go.

It will never ever happen, but it would be something else if someone randomly watched Avengers and Sentry was there for the whole last battle.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Imagining a Blonde Henry Caville saying "I'm scared, Mr. Stark..."

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
Back from dr.strange 2, oh boy the villain sure kills lot of people in this one

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am a Scarlet Witch stan for a bunch of emotionally complicated reasons and I love the MCU version and I Am so excited for Dr. Strange I am pretty much vibrating out of my skin. I am posting with averted eyes so I do not encounter a single spoiler from this thread but also delurking because I tried on an outfit I obtained almost a year ago and will be finally wearing out for the first time and I am so happy and I have no social media but just really want to share it to try to shake off some of this really over the top superhero movie anticipation. This has been a very difficult waiting period for me, I have actively avoided all trailers and promo material because there is no need for hype materials I am already so hype, my expectations are very low but my hype is very high.

Yes I know it's not actually a Scarlet Witch movie and also it's Scarlet Witch so terrible things are sure to happen to her but it's here, it's finally happening :supaburn:

Spoilers (no pun intended) for photos of me for the folks who don't care/want to see (very reasonable).

i'm so excited

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oovee posted:

Back from dr.strange 2, oh boy the villain sure kills lot of people in this one

so excited

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am a Scarlet Witch stan for a bunch of emotionally complicated reasons and I love the MCU version and I Am so excited for Dr. Strange I am pretty much vibrating out of my skin. I am posting with averted eyes so I do not encounter a single spoiler from this thread but also delurking because I tried on an outfit I obtained almost a year ago and will be finally wearing out for the first time and I am so happy and I have no social media but just really want to share it to try to shake off some of this really over the top superhero movie anticipation. This has been a very difficult waiting period for me, I have actively avoided all trailers and promo material because there is no need for hype materials I am already so hype, my expectations are very low but my hype is very high.

Yes I know it's not actually a Scarlet Witch movie and also it's Scarlet Witch so terrible things are sure to happen to her but it's here, it's finally happening :supaburn:

Spoilers (no pun intended) for photos of me for the folks who don't care/want to see (very reasonable).

i'm so excited

That's an excellent costume. I hope you enjoy the movie!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That's a dope costume.

For a witch to wear.

To the theater.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

that's a loving sick outfit, did you make that or buy it? I know someone who would be interested in something similar

e:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

i'm so excited

are you loving floating in this picture

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

i'm so excited

That costume looks great, and your excitement is infectious. Hope you enjoy it! (Hell, hope I enjoy it, too lol.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

that's a loving sick outfit, did you make that or buy it? I know someone who would be interested in something similar

e:

are you loving floating in this picture

I mean user name is LITERALLY A BIRD