Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Claude Giroux is coming home, baby

I don't think Hearst is far enough from Pierre McGuire to allow Giroux to sleep easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I totalled up the results for the Kraken game. Congratulations to literally every for doing better than Seattle.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1521514173477408769

uggghh poor Sam :smith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

loving hell that sucks

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good soup! posted:

loving hell that sucks

I asked Steph to find this clip and it still destroys me lmao

https://twitter.com/StephaliciousD/status/1521516293135998976?s=20&t=LJlRIQz7A30B6qmg62oQXA

Travis Sanheim just losing his drat mind trying to teach big Sam the word "brunch"

E: and Danick Martel, gently caress there's a name I forgot.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Cocaine Bear posted:

Ruff plays a grandpa's system and stimeys young players and just seems like an rear end in a top hat but you do you NJ. I guess they wanna chill in the basement a few more years and if that's the case, ruff is your man!

Ruff definitely has not stymied young players in New Jersey, especially since they essentially only have younger players. He has given heavy ice time to the young core and played a ton of AHL kids throughout the season in fairly prominent roles.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fawning deference posted:

Ruff definitely has not stymied young players in New Jersey, especially since they essentially only have younger players. He has given heavy ice time to the young core and played a ton of AHL kids throughout the season in fairly prominent roles.

Fair point but I mean, he doesn't exactly have a choice. Who is their oldest player? Tartar? Give him some terrible vets and he'll ram them into 20 mins a night.

Or maybe he's changed his tune in the last couple years; I dunno, I don't watch a lot of jersey games.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

It's weird because Hughes and Bratt have become legit star players under him and they both seem to really like him and want him to return but the team has been loving terrible.. Is that not his fault at all?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hischier sure sounded like he didn't want Ruff back in the exits

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
**am informed I am posting in the wrong thread so I will delete my comments lol

the most confusing time of the year for us dim people

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 4, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1521861451501211648

That's an interesting tweet

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Man the Flyers should hire him last week.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/NikLynam/status/1521858894515027968

I"m going to become the Joker

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1521664921045389312

lmao Rutherford what are you doing

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

lol

lmao

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Are the Jets going Oiler mode and only looking at Jets from the 80s?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

No those are just the only two guys desperate enough for one more NHL head coach gig that they picked up the phone when Winnipeg called.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's a weird decision in terms of keeping the fanbase happy but Boudreau was the owner's hire not theirs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao, run like hell Gabby! But not Philadelphia, stay out the Metro!

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Arniels wife still lives in Winnipeg and has for his whole career, his kids are grown and left for university now but he still has a lot of reasons to want to work for Winnipeg. Maybe, hopefully he's learned something about coaching since his stint with CBJ.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1521884760183910401?s=20&t=p5KRAdwAVjBy0HQeKUts3Q

Devils fired their assistants, but not Ruff

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I like how that reads like they had to drag Recchi out

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's so hard to get competent help these days, I feel for him

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1521888743732432897

Jesus christ that's downright Flyersian

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

please lord give us a full season of randy carlyle + blake wheeler + mark schiefele

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

I think if Dallas tries really hard they can be eliminated by June 1st and announce that Rick Bowness will not be returning....

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

i'm still waking up and i read this as Recchi getting fired by the summer shirt, poor guy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
He should've been fired in december.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Randy would be fun to watch try and take care of the Jets locker room imo, Stastny said in exit interviews he wanted a coach that called out players when they needed it, and he kept Phil humble in TO

https://youtu.be/9gBRNJ2BwfA

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

I think Recchi wasn't retained by the Pens for similar reasons.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Isn't Bruce just kind of getting old? E.g. he might not FUCKIN WANT IT anymore.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

Isn't Bruce just kind of getting old? E.g. he might not FUCKIN WANT IT anymore.

Yeah, he’s getting close to 70. He may not want a bigger project, but he’s not going to find himself coaching a team really close to winning the cup either anymore. It’s too bad, he’s one of my favorite hockey personalities and it’ll be a bummer when he’s not around the game anymore.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
He was doing stuff on the NHL channel prior to being hired and was solid there so hopefully he lands in a gig like that if he's done coaching.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Jhet posted:

Yeah, he’s getting close to 70. He may not want a bigger project, but he’s not going to find himself coaching a team really close to winning the cup either anymore. It’s too bad, he’s one of my favorite hockey personalities and it’ll be a bummer when he’s not around the game anymore.

Looked it up since that’s the only decent reason I could think of for why Vancouver might not want to keep him/why he might not want to stay. He’s 67 so if Vancouver is looking at a 2-3 year rebuild, it’s not hard to see why he might not want to stick around. And The Canucks could want to bring in a guy that they think can grow with the team or be the coach when they finally do become a contender.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Maybe he'll stay on to train new head coach Mark messier

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Boudreau has been pretty vocal about his desire to stay and build something in Vancouver. I think it's too much of a PR disaster to let him go after "Bruce There It Is" was the first piece of positive organic marketing that came out of the team in a decade, but I get the desire for Allvin and Rutherford to make it their team. Honestly, I'm pretty okay with a strip back the fat year where they suck again because the prize for being bad in 2023 is the best since McDavid.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I need Chuck to park a truckload of (Comcast’s) money to Bruce’s house so he coaches the Flyers.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
So I'm assuming Jim Benning will be the new Sharks GM? Somebody please change my mind.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

trilljester posted:

So I'm assuming Jim Benning will be the new Sharks GM? Somebody please change my mind.

It will be Peter Chiarelli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

It will be Peter Chiarelli

Right, Benning will be the Assistant GM