Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Post poste posted:

Oooh, the dizziness is what I thought it was.
Also, no more viewer vote?

Yeah I wad using it to be lazy, and it's only like 12 people who actually voted outside of the first couple of times I really promoted it.

Here's my reasoning https://bobapearlessence.com/76-a-change-in-norms/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Transdimensional Brain Chip

112. Last person

113. Say anything

114. Bug in the system

"Some of the me's learned how to <insert convenient thing that moves plot forward>" feels a bit lazy and not convoluted enough for Thorsby.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't worry, they don't stay at this level for long.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Slimy Hog posted:

"Some of the me's learned how to <insert convenient thing that moves plot forward>" feels a bit lazy and not convoluted enough for Thorsby.
Putting a pin in this post for later.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Slimy Hog posted:

Hehehehehe

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
:gonk: nooo I forgot about this

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Slimy Hog posted:

There's a manga I read once that uses this premise. Basically a lady becomes able to converse with other timeline versions of herself and becomes quantumly immortal and essentially all-powerful.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Huh yeah, I forgot (or never learned) that there's apparently a countereffect to the disease(??)

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is irreversible
SLUMBERCAKES
April 11, 2005

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

OPAONI posted:

There's a manga I read once that uses this premise. Basically a lady becomes able to converse with other timeline versions of herself and becomes quantumly immortal and essentially all-powerful.

Qualia The Purple is the name of it if anyone's interested.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 3: Silver Bullet
Chapter 24: One More Badge

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

tired gay and dead posted:

Qualia The Purple is the name of it if anyone's interested.
It's a space/time opera as a girl splinters across realities tries to find a world where her lover wasn't murdered. She goes insane quickly, and then she keeps on going and going and going.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

He's so dang happy in that last panel I don't have it in me to timg him :)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

That younger brunette princess turning away from toward us is giving me strong Papers Please vibes.

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 21:00 on May 4, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OPAONI posted:

That's also the plot to Everything Everywhere All At Once.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ah yeah good points

Still tho lol

I still don't understand how the splits work. Because a bunch of Ulfs disappear because of nukes hitting where they are but not the one we were following up to this point or the other one beside him. Things can be different except when they're not is all I can guess.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Don't think about it any harder than Ulf would.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Karate Bastard posted:

He's so dang happy in that last panel I don't have it in me to timg him :)

You made the right choice.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

RareAcumen posted:

I still don't understand how the splits work. Because a bunch of Ulfs disappear because of nukes hitting where they are but not the one we were following up to this point or the other one beside him. Things can be different except when they're not is all I can guess.

Random events play out differently in each universe. All of the nuke/no nuke variance is due to random events after the universe splits off (for example, in universe AAABBA the army base commander flips a coin and assigns no cult members to nuke duty, but in universe AAABBB the coin toss turns out different and he puts both cult members on, and they launch the nukes)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
It's like butterfly effect but I actually want to keep seeing it

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pinocchio
Chapter 35.1

In the Shark's body Pinocchio finds whom? Read this chapter, my children, and you will know.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

same

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Greens facial expressions are second to none. I wonder how many times he redraws panels to get them so perfect, or if he just gets every detail in the exact right relationship first time at this point.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

same

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:rip: Gepetto's wig :smith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I gotta say, that's some really convenient timing there.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Squidster posted:

It's a space/time opera as a girl splinters across realities tries to find a world where her lover wasn't murdered. She goes insane quickly, and then she keeps on going and going and going.

I read the whole thing this evening. It's fairly short at 18 chapters, but it's quite dense. The main plot doesn't really even kick off until halfway through, and the beginning is a bit slow, but once it gets going god drat does it go to some wild places. Overall I think it's way more compelling than TBC's overall story, but the story it's trying to tell is significantly different. Qualia has a specific theme in mind, TBC is doing everything in service of setting up a farce. That said, they definitely have their parallels:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

TBC's not leading to farce, it's leading to something incredibly bleak

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I took a break from SA for a few months outside of popping in a few times in the video game threads to talk about this one game on indiegogo I wanted to see funded but I'm back. Not caught up with the thread (nearly 150 pages to go) so I'll be dropping these posts before I catch up with no knowledge of whatever the gently caress is going on rn in the thread but yeah

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Mx. posted:

TBC's not leading to farce, it's leading to something incredibly bleak

I've read the whole thing, and I'd argue it's still a farce. Absolutely buckwild in scope and complexity, but still a farce

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Fagtastic posted:

Greens facial expressions are second to none. I wonder how many times he redraws panels to get them so perfect, or if he just gets every detail in the exact right relationship first time at this point.

The last few pages actually finally inspired me to go onto kc green's website and buy some books.

(He's not selling a collected Pinocchio :( (or not yet it seems? Since his Pinocchio only finished a few months ago))

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

I've read the whole thing, and I'd argue it's still a farce. Absolutely buckwild in scope and complexity, but still a farce

Oh it's certainly a farce right now, and has been along the way. I have no idea what it's building up to for a tonal shift or whatever, but that's for future me to find out.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mx. posted:

it's leading to something incredibly bleak

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

That turned out about as well as it possibly could

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Winklebottom posted:

isn't Laika owned by the Nike heir or something? I don't think they're gonna run out of money just yet

also they haven't made a real good movie since ParaNorman :colbert:

Not only that, but the story behind Laika is that the studio that we now know as Laika had Phil Knight (the owner of Nike) as one of its investors, and after using nepotism to get his son Travis as an animator at the studio (and as it turns out, Travis was legit good at stop motion animation) would end up doing a hostile takeover via becoming majority shareholder and kicked out the founder and namesake of the studio.

You wanna know what the studio was called before it was Laika?

Will Vinton Studios

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My understanding was Travis had worked there before he and Phil invested in the company, and Travis was able to buy a majority stake because the studio was failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

e-dt posted:

guest strip by SAM HENDERSON / Sam is also the author of the popular Masturbating Boss series

If you're around my age (late millennial/early gen Z) you'd probably recognize Sam Henderson for
1) Doing the "Seen but Not Heard" comics in Nickelodeon Magazine
2) Being a writer and storyboard artist on Hillenberg-era Spongebob (specifically season 3)