Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lord of Pie posted:

too bad that didn't kick in soon enough for Jim Webb to capitalize on being Bernie's friend like Biden did

Bernie Sanders best friend in the whole wide world: Joe Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"itemS" plural? lmao

money for ukrainian nazis

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Vice President Harris has not had an easy go of it. From thankless, unsolvable issues (e.g., Central America’s corruption and violence) 

:thunk:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:hmmyes: this is thancred.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

I got the ligmata

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

embarrassed to have voted for bernie at all in retrospect

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lol this would be disastrous for her because not only will they never pass an abortion rights law, during this "moment" the supreme court will continue stripping related civil liberties from the country like a crackhead pulling copper wire out of the wall

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

with javelin anti-tank missiles?????

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

oh baby i'm about to vote

im gonna VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTE

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

I mean I'll pack my bags but I assume it's gonna be pretty difficult to get my absentee ballot while sitting in a Polish refugee camp.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

HiroProtagonist posted:

with javelin anti-tank missiles?????

no, so you can support the good fascists against the bad fascists

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Trabisnikof posted:

oh this is going to be good.

there's no way they don't declare that harris is leading up the effort. since it both fits for idpol reasons and also because they declare she's leading up the effort on every issue they're going to fumble and fail on

well ill be darned

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1521880352914120705

hell yeah

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

i would like to conserve Dems in a vat

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

This is dorky but I thought you all would appreciate the text of a Jake Bacharach tweet thread from like 2017

Common trope in media criticism: the media is/was structurally incapable of noting that the GOP is no longer a "normal" political party. Wrong! The GOP is a normal political party. It's the Democrats that are something else. The GOP is a distasteful, racist, weird party. Sure. But its fundamental commitment at all levels is getting itself elected. That's what parties do. Their whole purpose is to provide an infrastructure through which individual candidates can win office.

The Democrats, on the other hand, are something more like a nebulous consultancy for people too lazy to finish grad school. The Democrats are a "strategic communications firm" that bills city govs looking for "smart solutions" to "the problems of tomorrow." I make fun of the GOP as a party of professional grifters, which they are. But the Braziles of the world are running the *real* scam. In the immortal words of Frank Zappa, "we're only in it for the money."

If you try to understand the Democrats as a political party, you come away confused. If you consider them a "think tank," they make sense. Like a think tank, their main purpose is to employ failed academics, the Yglesii of the world pretending to do research. The Dems' main concern is to scam 6-fig salaries for guys with Ivy-League BAs, too dumb to manage grad schools language requirements. We laugh about all the right-wing welfare publications, but the whole Democrat party is welfare for Ivy-League mediocrities.

The GOP is lovely, but it's a regular, recognizable political party. Sure, it's got plenty of scammers, but at a fundamental level? What did the GOP do, in and out of power? It thought about winning elections, starting at the state level. What did the Dems do? They gave each other jobs. When they accidentally got power, they dithered and compromised. People mock Trump's laziness, but what did Obama do in the first 100 days with a supermajority? Make some laconic comments?

So I will join you in fighting against the "normalization" of Trump, but I won't let you pretend the GOP is something new. The GOP is America's right-wing party. it has been for nearly a century. It is the Democrats who became something weirder. "For every vote we lose in central PA, we'll gain 2 republicans in the suburbs?" Lol. Sounds like a "communications" grift to me. Sell that poo poo to the under-funded non-profit down the road. I'm not buying.

i feel like that as bad as the obama biden administration was it was only with hillary that this problem intensified both because she decided to run her campaign infrastructure entirely on the power of new math but also because she picked schumer as her point man in the senate to replace reid despite schumer having no apparent political talent whatsoever

at least when reid was around there was a concerted effort among democrats to push back against the most terrible ideas of the obama biden administration behind the scenes whereas now the closest thing these people have to a counterbalance is the squad and they actively refuse to wield political power the same way their republican equivalents do

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

What is it? not clicking

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
If they really want her to shine they should put Kamala in charge of a brutal authoritarian crackdown on urban homelessness

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

What is it? not clicking

roe v wade bring overturned is bad lol that its impossible to guess that despite this being basically the only political story at the moment

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Oh I assumed, just how do you sell Kamala as effectively responding. She got some Willie Brown anecdotes or something?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gently caress yeah

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Some Guy TT posted:

roe v wade bring overturned is bad lol that its impossible to guess that despite this being basically the only political story at the moment

oh what happened to student loans? did they all get forgiven?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

no, of course not. we need to vote donadmtlp trjujmop out first.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

no, of course not. we need to vote donadmtlp trjujmop out first.

I didn't even know he was running!

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Some Guy TT posted:

I mean, there's also video going round of a guy in Congress showing why you should be suspicious of comforters in hotels and proving that if you know about a coke party in DC you should keep pretty quiet about it.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

today was the day Kamala Harris finally became Vice President

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

500 good dogs posted:

if you just ignore a problem for long enough, then a new problem will take everyone's attention

bing bong, so simple

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Heh, y'all think we can just cancel your pr*vileged d*bt when y'all haven't even Voted Like Your Lives Depend On It Like Ukranians 🇺🇦 and Voted out Donald Tr*mp🇷🇺? Folx, you're tripping.

I'm just going to say this, and I know it might ruffle some feathers but **** DONALD TRUMP.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

500 good dogs posted:

Now that the base is energized about roe, no need to care about loans. Just like the leaker wanted

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

eviltastic posted:

I mean, there's also video going round of a guy in Congress showing why you should be suspicious of comforters in hotels and proving that if you know about a coke party in DC you should keep pretty quiet about it.

bold of you to assume that kamala harris could have a opinion about illicit drug use that doesnt make her sound like a cackling ambien fiend

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
he's amazingly stupid even by 2022 standards and he's going to put marcy kaptur out of a job in november
https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1521926015836200965?cxt=HHwWioC9xbvp-54qAAAA

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
perhaps students should start a sort of debt union and strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Some Guy TT posted:

bold of you to assume that kamala harris could have a opinion about illicit drug use that doesnt make her sound like a cackling ambien fiend

I was just saying that there’s another political story at the moment. I don’t want to even think about a hypothetical Rubin column praising Harris comments relating to DC coke orgies or the contents of that video.