Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

No.

Also is there any point to all the post cards? I have a bunch of them but accidentally sold one to a pawn shop. Never figured out what they were for.

you sell them to the pawn shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Every murder investigation needs an arbitrary photo collage.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Oxxidation posted:

you sell them to the pawn shop

Speaking of which, is it possible to raise enough money to buy that street light from the pawn shop?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I don't think this is a spoiler, but it is a joke in the new Stanley Parable, so I'm going to spoil it.

I appreciate the (assumed intentionally incorrect) reflection here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Frank Frank posted:

Speaking of which, is it possible to raise enough money to buy that street light from the pawn shop?

Kiiinda in The Final Cut, though it requires a sidequest.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kiiinda in The Final Cut, though it requires a sidequest.

Huh, I must have missed it. That was a pretty sweet street light

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Yes

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Fingerless Gloves posted:

In Rogue Legacy 2 there are challenge rooms with chests that only open if you, say, take no damage. There's a room with spikes you have to jump in between to reach the chest. It's a nice simple one compared to some of the others you can get.

My favorite part of RL2 is the chef. Not only do they light things on fire with every swing, look how darn happy they are doing it! It seriously makes me smile seeing a character having so much fun.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Your heirs' completely aloof 10-iq treatment of the world they're in gives Rogue Legacy so much extra charm. The hub friends comment on how your character is kind of cute because they march around with a dopey expression everywhere and just walk away from conversations without saying goodbye and stuff, treating all that stuff as in-world is real funny.

edit: I managed to snag an heir who had a permanent :keke: face, except for when he took damage, at which point it became :eyepop:

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 02:38 on May 5, 2022

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm replaying AssCreed Odyssey and falling in love with cliffs all over again. There's so many of them and enemies are all so eager to stand perilously close to the edge.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

between yakuza 0 and like a dragon i deeply appreciate the yakuza series dedication to make us consider the combat potential of breakdancing

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Spinning around on your head frees up your legs to have greater reach with less effort than if you were standing on them, it just makes basic sense

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Crowetron posted:

I'm replaying AssCreed Odyssey and falling in love with cliffs all over again. There's so many of them and enemies are all so eager to stand perilously close to the edge.

Deathloop and Colt's mighty foot helped me over my cliff withdrawal.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I enjoyed Wario Land II for GBC and so I 100%ed it and got all the levels, endings, treasures and map pieces. However, I was not expecting to be rewarded with a final final level that feels like you've glitched the game or booted up a romhack.

Warning: audio might be LOUD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-DV8_huik

Glad I just looked up a video after playing it for a couple minutes. The section where you need to repeatedly bounce on the same enemy would have broken me.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 12:44 on May 5, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I ALMOST 100%ed it back in the day but messed up the final tile-flipping minigame and couldn't be assed trying again. It might have been a blessing in disguise.

Also realising that the tiles make up the pieces of a treasure map that probably leads to the final level.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Trek to Yomi is like playing a Kurawasa film, and it comes down to details. There is a street in the beginning that you walk down by moving towards the camera, and as things enter the frame they don't focus until they reach the focal point of the "lens". There is a cord that hangs across the street for awnings, and it enters the frame from the bottom and comes into focus as you move through. It lends it a feeling the environment being a physical set that a camera is moving through, rather than a rendered digital environmental. It is incredible.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Yakuza 2 Kiwami

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Did Disco's director cut remove that potential soft-lock on Night 2 and the mandatory Shivers check on the ladder?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Vic posted:

Yakuza 2 Kiwami

The best shot of the whole scene is this one, in which you can see the exact expression of a man realizing he will have to fight a bunch of grown men in diapers:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Vic posted:

Yakuza 2 Kiwami

It was a surprise to run into them again in Like A Dragon.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Did Disco's director cut remove that potential soft-lock on Night 2 and the mandatory Shivers check on the ladder?

Not sure about the soft lock, but the Shivers check is still there but I think it's more lenient now. If you fully explore the coast, you'll likely pass it easily now.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I also lold at Fat Kiryu

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It was kind of morbid to run into a Shinji impostor, since that dude died in the previous game.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
One of my favorite little things was finding out that the banging Sotenbori theme in Yakuza Kiwami 2 wasn’t overhauled significantly like the battle theme in K1 was, it basically always just went in that hard because holy poo poo Yakuza 2 is rad.
Original:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWsYeVts0k

Extreme Edition:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=805Ly7lcE98

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The Kiwami 1 version of Intelligence/Ideal for Violence is kind of amazing... but it plays exactly once in the entire game, in a single close-quarters non-boss fight that you could very well win before you ever find out it even has its own unique lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CIboBRoQb4

YOUR MAN WON'T TRIP
IF YOUR MAN DON'T KNOW

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What`s really great with DE is that you can easily drink and smoke while playing it. It`s not a game that requires much muscle control.
Really helps me roleplay as a alcoholic to chug beer whenever Harry is taking a drink.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'll never understand why people choose to make Harry drink or do drugs, especially in their actual playthrough when you aren't just loving around to find content. Dude desperately needs to sober up if he stands any chance at all.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
I usually do psychedelics and I'll smoke no more than one cigarette per day. I keep him away from alcohol no matter what though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
A buddy of mine had me play some Burnout Paradise multiplayer with him the other night because he was grinding trophies, and we got a group mission to have everyone jump over everyone else.

Cracked me the hell up when everyone just politely lined up by a ramp and we all took turns making the jump, and someone tooling around in a little police car used his sirens to keep everyone focused and orderly. No voice chat either, so it was kind of amazing to see everyone coordinate to do something so incredibly silly.

I can see why he likes this game so much. :allears:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I'll never understand why people choose to make Harry drink or do drugs, especially in their actual playthrough when you aren't just loving around to find content. Dude desperately needs to sober up if he stands any chance at all.

My new playthrough I booted up because of this thread Electrochemistry is running the show, poor dude doesn’t have a chance in hell of getting clean.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'd assume there would be a lot of small things in Red Dead Redemption but its crazy people are still finding stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdqfVw6PWE

Caufman
May 7, 2007
One time while playing on hardcore mode with a low MOT Harry, on the morning of the second day, I had Harry lace up his shootin' sneakers, snort some speed before Kim could see, made a bee-line for the corpse, and shot that body down with like a ~35% chance of making the shot. He earned that aces high, even if he was high high.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Playing Forza Horizon 5 and noticed that some cars’ windshield wipers start shaking when you go really really fast.

Also, not a little thing but more like the whole point of the game but I just love how accurate each car drives. Some of the group B rally monsters feel like you’re driving a barely contained wild animal, the Dodge Viper ready to fish tail and wipe out if you aren’t careful in a turn, and old hot rods nearly incapable of turning at any speed more than 5 mph.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Dewgy posted:

A buddy of mine had me play some Burnout Paradise multiplayer with him the other night because he was grinding trophies, and we got a group mission to have everyone jump over everyone else.

Cracked me the hell up when everyone just politely lined up by a ramp and we all took turns making the jump, and someone tooling around in a little police car used his sirens to keep everyone focused and orderly. No voice chat either, so it was kind of amazing to see everyone coordinate to do something so incredibly silly.

I can see why he likes this game so much. :allears:

Yeah, Paradise didn't really hold my interest like the other Burnouts did but I always thought it was an amazing ecosystem. Even if I didn't like it I could tell the game was really good, the community was always really chill (I remember once a whole party just up and stopped what they were doing to start drifting infinitely around a roundabout for 20 minutes) and the game was supported for a really long time despite not becoming some kind of service game (I think it had some cars DLC but I remember it being decently priced and very far from necessary).

When you take someone down, the game takes a picture from your XBox camera/Kinect and sends it to them as a taunt. A LOT of people had cameras but I never, ever saw a dong. That's how cool the community was.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Arkham Knight: In some stealth sections there are enemies that have tracking devices. They'll be able to pinpoint your position the longer you use Detective Vision. If you sneak up behind an enemy with the device when it goes off he'll say, "This doesn't make any sense. He's right behind me?" :allears:

Inspector Gesicht has a new favorite as of 15:35 on May 9, 2022

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
One of the best parts of Saints Row IV is a the running joke about in-universe Keith David and real-life Keith David, who voiced Julius in SR and SR2. It always makes me :allears:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

D34THROW posted:

One of the best parts of Saints Row IV is a the running joke about in-universe Keith David and real-life Keith David, who voiced Julius in SR and SR2. It always makes me :allears:

I like this because once you think about it, you know they did it to hide what they were up to with casting, and then just had fun with it. They secretly brought Julius back in 4, and if people learned Keith David was in the cast then everyone would know that's what they were doing... but if they announce that Keith David is playing Keith David, then nobody's going to read anything further into his casting than that.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Caufman posted:

One time while playing on hardcore mode with a low MOT Harry, on the morning of the second day, I had Harry lace up his shootin' sneakers, snort some speed before Kim could see, made a bee-line for the corpse, and shot that body down with like a ~35% chance of making the shot. He earned that aces high, even if he was high high.

Did you know there's also Aces Low?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I bought DE because of this thread on the Switch, and while I haven't played that much, other than fighting with the item interaction controls (Oh, I'm sorry I moved next to the item before trying to select it game, here, I'll back off so you can move me TO THE SAME drat SPOT when I select it to interact with), I do enjoy the internal monolgues/conversations. I got into an argument with Encyclopedic that lasted long enough the child that clearly didn't need a lecture on what a book was, was weirded out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lol it's not even so much about whether or not the child needs to have the concept of books explained. Fail that check and you're the one that needs help.