Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hoss Corncave posted:

How is Peacock actually doing these days? Is it still abysmally organised?

I always tell myself I'm going to watch some old matches on there whenever I turn it on to catch part of a Premium Live Event but between the incredible slowness of the app and the outright freezing/crashing I couldn't really say how well organized it is now. If the Peacock app on Comcast didn't just open to the ppv when it's airing I'm not sure I'd know/bother to find it in the menus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/panthers_access/status/1521282108874018820

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Takes from another reality

https://twitter.com/NealThebakeshow/status/1522011065357324292

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

I agree with this

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

I thought this was the bad takes thread :confused:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

lmao what

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Read "rehearsed" as "flippy moves that have some minor setup", as opposed to so generic and formulaic that it all looks the same.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

AEW looks more rehearsed by default since WWE constantly cuts away from people doing moves. Who knows what might be going on in a WWE ring!?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I wouldn't be that surprised if at some point WWE just films the wrestlers walking around the ring but the actual moves are all done in CGI somehow

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Drakkel posted:

I wouldn't be that surprised if at some point WWE just films the wrestlers walking around the ring but the actual moves are all done in CGI somehow

One day, WWE will be a sim fed.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

El Generico posted:

One day, WWE will be a sim fed.

WWE Stans pay hundreds of dollars to go to a sports arena and just stare at the titantron while it plays cpu vs cpu matches in 2k25

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Drakkel posted:

WWE Stans pay hundreds of dollars to go to a sports arena and just stare at the titantron while it plays cpu vs cpu matches in 2k25

NBC Universal doubles their TV rights fees.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lid fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 5, 2022

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh I don't think that's an inherently bad take? I imagine they watched TNA live from 2005-9, so nostalgia is probably colouring their memory of the product, which is fine imo, and NXT did indeed have some of the highest highs of any wrestling show over the past decade, so it's a pretty balanced argument there. I dunno, this poo poo is subjective.

e: oh lmao I just wrote that before your edit, what the gently caress

Venomous fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 5, 2022

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fabdigity is probably the right opinion; NXT was objectively better but taking into account nostalgia and cherry picking memories and you'll end up thinking TNA was better.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Testekill posted:

Fabdigity is probably the right opinion; NXT was objectively better but taking into account nostalgia and cherry picking memories and you'll end up thinking TNA was better.

:emptyquote:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

This isn't too far from the WrestleMania ExperienceTM for like 95% of the live audience tbh

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Drakkel posted:

Remember Raw 25 Years episode, which ran on two arenas and Manhattan center got this?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kennel posted:

Remember Raw 25 Years episode, which ran on two arenas and Manhattan center got this?

Wow I bet FTR are dying to get back to the WWE for 1:50 squash matches!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Well thankfully it got Gallows and Anderson over!!!!!!!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I guess the top comment covers this but the amount of brainrot required to not only comb through the crowd but actually put it together is incredible.

https://twitter.com/Kenny69MeDon/status/1522122210919469056

Like maybe you'd see something like this on a Botchamania for a big PPV main event but lol posted at 3:54 AM " I HAVE TO POST THIS TONIGHT" I gently caress around with video editing and even making dumb, seemingly simple poo poo takes a ton of time

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I always feel bad when I yawn at wrestling shows but most shows are like 3 hours minimum with you jumping up and down and being excited and just spending a lot of energy all night. And I'm old. Let me yawn without persecution.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
if you did the same edit for an episode of RAW it'd be 3 hours long

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Kennel posted:

Wasn't that the show where DX, shocking nobody, treated FTR like complete dogshit backstage?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

that Raw was great because they charged a wild amount for the Manhattan Center seats and you could see the guys in the front row realizing that they, as an individual, covered all of, like, Kelly Kelly's expenses to appear at a different building as the show wore on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

You could set your watch to these comments

(Forbidden Door sells out)

https://twitter.com/hunntaa/status/1522236813120720897?s=20&t=kYxJdh_JoJVVPXrotwdzeg
https://twitter.com/hunntaa/status/1522236724201414662?s=20&t=kYxJdh_JoJVVPXrotwdzeg

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Scalpers are in fact infinite wealth machines incapable of turning a profit

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1520524203564302336?s=20&t=Imx6wnA2ddPfZw3UQZdxHw

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Lid posted:

Scalpers are in fact infinite wealth machines incapable of turning a profit

They also don't realize how claiming it's all scalpers buying them actually hurts their arguments. Scalpers/resellers aren't going to spend a ton on stuff they can't actually move.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t know how to use twitter because I’m an old but are people throwing this hilarious take back in his face yet

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don’t know how to use twitter because I’m an old but are people throwing this hilarious take back in his face yet

lol yes of course they are

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Oh, he'll move the goal posts. It'll probably be that it didn't sell out faster, or that it only sold out because it was in Chicago.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It would be so nice to see someone have a take like that and then respond with oh wow what a surprise it did a lot better than I thought it would. That's cool. You know like a normal person

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

It would be so nice to see someone have a take like that and then respond with oh wow what a surprise it did a lot better than I thought it would. That's cool. You know like a normal person

Alfred probably will do something like that.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Davros1 posted:

They also don't realize how claiming it's all scalpers buying them actually hurts their arguments. Scalpers/resellers aren't going to spend a ton on stuff they can't actually move.

Yeah at worse scalpers are wrong about the demand but it still tells you where the buzz level is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Oh, he'll move the goal posts. It'll probably be that it didn't sell out faster, or that it only sold out because it was in Chicago.

The niche within a niche within a niche is males in Chicago, Alfred right again.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

New lineal charcuterie champion crowned

https://twitter.com/DatChiSportsGuy/status/1520537650188464130?t=ouSf7DNYGPNP_mpUw53tNA&s=19

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I love that it's not just goons who constantly make fun of the piece of wood with meat and cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So predictable you could set your loving watch to it

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1522277026652061720