Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

There is a massive amount of trash gear with affixes for +0.7% gold earned while poisoned, it just doesn’t actually matter in NG so you can tune it out

In Nioh 1 affixes were usually pretty useless early-game, but the early numbers are a lot bigger in Nioh 2 and each piece of gear having a fixed bonus in addition to random ones means you can find synergies more consistently. I don't think you have to engage with it until late game but you can get some pretty significant bonuses going early on, like skill cost reduction or bonus damage against enemies with a status effect (and I mean like 30-40%, not 2%)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Reminder that the Ys Origin route with the farm girl who kills demons is canon.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bad Seafood posted:

Reminder that the Ys Origin route with the farm girl who kills demons is canon.

https://twitter.com/mcnostrilcom/status/1511770910667292680

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

godspeed, mitten knight :patriot:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

goferchan posted:

In Nioh 1 affixes were usually pretty useless early-game, but the early numbers are a lot bigger in Nioh 2 and each piece of gear having a fixed bonus in addition to random ones means you can find synergies more consistently. I don't think you have to engage with it until late game but you can get some pretty significant bonuses going early on, like skill cost reduction or bonus damage against enemies with a status effect (and I mean like 30-40%, not 2%)

They also give you the ability to swap out affixes in Nioh 2, which is really nice. A good set of gear can last you many main and side missions without swapping out a single piece, and getting rid of your junk is like three button presses at the shrine or blacksmith.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just bought Enter the Gungeon for 7 bucks the other day. Wonder if I'll regret that.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Got my hands on a 3060. What are some good games to test it out on?

Already got Prey going.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gorilla Radio posted:

Already got Prey going.

control, death stranding, monster hunter world, metro exodus

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
For all thr drama around cyberpunk, it's probably the most visually arresting game I've ever played.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

is that the euphemism for when it spawns cops directly in front of you

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gorilla Radio posted:

Already got Prey going.

Doom

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Yeah the optimization in Doom Eternal is wild. I'm on a 3070, so not quite the same but close enough, and I can crank up all the extra graphics settings and raytracing and easily keep a steady 120fps at 1440p. I'm not sure how they did it, but I'd reckon it has something to do with the discrete level design and controlled sight lines compared to open world games etc -- either way it runs great. Hell I was blown away when I played it on my old PC with a 1060 lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I decided to go with Trails in the Sky. I’ve always wanted to try it out and now seems a good time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Trails is pretty cozy, but if you're a checklister it can drive you crazy.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

:hmmyes:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Raytraced Doom!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eason the Fifth posted:

For all thr drama around cyberpunk, it's probably the most visually arresting game I've ever played.

Even when it was broken as hell at launch I found the style so captivating I played it for like 100 hours

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
is it just me or is that doom cover art extremely high rez

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

JollyBoyJohn posted:

is it just me or is that doom cover art extremely high rez

It was originally shot on film

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Shame they didn't show fireblu; I'd imagine that would be pretty eye-searing.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

Trails is pretty cozy, but if you're a checklister it can drive you crazy.

I read that. Luckily I’m not much of a checklister so I’m going to keep checking guides to a minimum.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gorilla Radio posted:

Already got Prey going.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks incredible with everything jacked. It's on Gamepass along with Forza Horizon 5 which is also a good one to try if you're into that sort of thing. That game just feels amazing running at a solid 120/144 fps

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Bah, I just bought Chaos Gate so I could get it installed and play in an hour when it unlocks... But you cannot preload it.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

loudog999 posted:

I decided to go with Trails in the Sky. I’ve always wanted to try it out and now seems a good time.

This is a great choice but god drat get some tissues ready. Such a great series.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Givin posted:

This is a great choice but god drat get some tissues ready. Such a great series.

I guess the Deck doesn’t support whatever codec the videos use so I just see color bars. Are there many of those? So far it was just a short one when loading and a longer one right before Joshua tells you his name.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

loudog999 posted:

I guess the Deck doesn’t support whatever codec the videos use so I just see color bars. Are there many of those? So far it was just a short one when loading and a longer one right before Joshua tells you his name.

iirc FC only has one more video, right at the end. The ones you missed should just be the Falcom logo and the opening.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Sab669 posted:

Bah, I just bought Chaos Gate so I could get it installed and play in an hour when it unlocks... But you cannot preload it.

Let us know if you like it or not!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sab669 posted:

I really want it if it's more like Dawn of War 2 then XCOM, but I can't really tell from the trailers and reviews. Someone mentioned it's basically Gears Tactics but fleshed out into a real game with a story and everything.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

So RDR2 - good? I have next week off work and gently caress-all to do and I'm sorta tempted at last.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's amazing. It's also slower than molasses

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Sab669 posted:

To be fair, if you have a decent internet connection download+install usually takes about the same amount of time as preload decryption :v:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

pentyne posted:

I really want it if it's more like Dawn of War 2 then XCOM, but I can't really tell from the trailers and reviews. Someone mentioned it's basically Gears Tactics but fleshed out into a real game with a story and everything.

From what I've seen on streams, it looks a slower Gears Tactics.

Enemy movement reminds me of the drones in XCOM before they were sped up. There's also a lot of pauses to do cinematic angles and for popping up menus when declaring targets. Encounters take ages as a result. I'm interested, but I know that would drive me insane in the long run. Gonna wait and see if they tighten it up a little.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is it like Gears? I thought it was grid-based?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
No, you're right that it's grid-based. I saw it as Gears because of the directional overwatch cones, all the action-skills, the uniform character customization and story focus. Suppose it's like people said that it exists somewhere between XCOM and Gears.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
What's the bolter / heavy bolter sound like? This is the real metric on how Warhams 40k games are judged.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Donnerberg posted:

From what I've seen on streams, it looks a slower Gears Tactics.

Enemy movement reminds me of the drones in XCOM before they were sped up. There's also a lot of pauses to do cinematic angles and for popping up menus when declaring targets. Encounters take ages as a result. I'm interested, but I know that would drive me insane in the long run. Gonna wait and see if they tighten it up a little.

I've been playing it for a few hours, the cinematic events in combat can be toggled off in the settings and enemies are actually decently fast, the only problems they have so far for me is that certain enemy skills also trigger the cinematic camera and the AI loves using them, also there are certain enemies and warp surges that can bring in reinforcements or reanimate dead enemies, which can drag the battle quite a bit.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Givin posted:

What's the bolter / heavy bolter sound like? This is the real metric on how Warhams 40k games are judged.

I've only completed the tutorial and the first mission, but I would say sound design could be better. But I'll have to crank up the bass a little bit and really pay attention

That one video that got posted yesterday is right, the UI makes it kind of hard to focus on what you're actually doing... But I'm sure once I've got a little more play time under my belt I'll get more used to it.

Your frag grenades don't just deal damage but also knock enemies back which is extremely useful and fun. So far it seems promising, even if it could overall be a little better produced. I think if you enjoyed Gears Tactics you'd probably enjoy this but again I've played maybe an hour so far. Haven't really played Xcom to weigh in there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HopperUK posted:

So RDR2 - good? I have next week off work and gently caress-all to do and I'm sorta tempted at last.

It’s great but

Gaius Marius posted:

It's amazing. It's also slower than molasses

If you want a chill game playing a cowboy it’s the best there is.

It’s also a gorgeous game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is Sifu worth the asking price? I see they just added difficulty options which I think a lot of people were asking for but I haven't really heard much about it beyond the first day or so after it came out. I was a big fan of the fighting in Absolver so this seems like it'd definitely scratch that itch but $40 feels steep for a game that might not end up having a lot of staying power.