Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Just wear a chud neck gaiter over your n95

This just sounds funny.

Gaiter over my respirator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
hahahaha i can barely taste anything this morning

love to get brain damaged at work!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm sorry Stevie Lee it loving blows that happened to you.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAA

AAAAAAA

AAAAAA

AAAAA

AAAA

AAA

AA

A

:golfclap:

now for the encore :

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

two-time fee has issued a correction as of 12:00 on May 5, 2022

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rick posted:

This just sounds funny.

respigaiter

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Rick posted:

I'm sorry Stevie Lee it loving blows that happened to you.

thx. it's weird, i woke up this morning and thought i felt better since i wasn't aching all over like the last couple days, but i guess covid decided my brain is a better target today. currently fighting the urge to go walk a nature trail by telling myself not to infect the deer

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-severe-previous-covid-variants-large-study-finds-2022-05-05/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAA

AAAAAAA

AAAAAA

AAAAA

AAAA

AAA

AA

A
I am sure that the people responsible for spreading the “mild” myth, getting many people killed or maimed in the process, will apologize and face the appropriate consequences.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

that fourth moderna shot kicked my rear end. chills, body aches, headache, all around “feel like poo poo” feeling.

i am alive and am topped off now tho

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Platystemon posted:

O.K. so BA.1 may have been a bastard, but Joe Biden defeated it in single combat and now the dominant subvariant is BA.2.12.1, and for all we know that could still be mild.

That's not combat!!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I mean, the "mild" narrative was so successful that it got through to probably a majority of the posters in this thread, despite people screaming that it wouldn't really be possible to make that kind of determination until months after we were actually through the Omicron wave.

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe
strongly recommend yall watch that interview that aaron collins did with nikki mccullough, i'm 20 minutes in and 3m lady is giving some good information for people concern trolling about the difference between medical grade masks and home depot masks

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Paradoxish posted:

I mean, the "mild" narrative was so successful that it got through to probably a majority of the posters in this thread, despite people screaming that it wouldn't really be possible to make that kind of determination until months after we were actually through the Omicron wave.

dozens of people ITT were absolutely uncritically repeating the mild thing

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Paradoxish posted:

A good lesson in assuming the worst and never being disappointed. I just flat out don't believe any positive news about the pandemic without "smoking gun" proof. If the media and the medical politicians feeding them a line are willing to infect children with COVID en masse and misrepresent the vaccine's ability to block transmission enough so they can suggest it will end the pandemic they'll make up anything. They always get a pass solely due to political concerns no matter how much they shred their credibility.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

blatman posted:

respigaiter

You've gotta get one with a big American flag, Bald Eagle, or skull so they know you're on their team

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“It’s mild” was always a motte & bailey argument.

The motte went something like “it’s just like the other coronaviruses that have been giving you the sniffles every year since you were born.”

The bailey was “it is by some measure in some subset of demographics milder than Delta”.

Left unstated is that Delta’s IFR is multiple times higher than the virus faced in March of 2020.

Some like Chise retreated even further to “oh I never meant that the virus itself was any milder. It’s just that we have miracle vaccines and significant infection-acquired immunity on a population level now. 🤗”

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bathtub Cheese posted:

You've gotta get one with a big American flag, Bald Eagle, or skull so they know you're on their team

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

A true innovator

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bathtub Cheese posted:

if you're using a secure click with the regular paddle filters, a neck gaiter might put a lot of pressure on where the filter meets the plastic. i use gaiters & bandanas to keep my hair out of the straps and i did once try pulling one of the stretchier gaiters i have over my respirator. it was uncomfortable and i noticed it pushed the filters in more than i felt comfortable with.

however if you can find one of those earloop bandanas with a similar pattern? that might work out - they don't have to go all the way around your head so they probably won't put that much pressure on your filters if you're using the floppy ones.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Horseshoe theory posted:

He's a literally COVID-19 virus in a skin suit, like Dexter Remmick from the Star Trek: TNG episode "Conspiracy".

i did this joke a bit ago and i stand by that biden is just a giant virus homunculus in a biden skin suit

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

sounds like it's time for the Everyday Veil to come into style to cover the secure clicks

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
local covid poop tracker hasn't updated since the 18th lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

does it work as a cop repellent

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

B.2.12.1a are you fuckin kidding with this bullshit name

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

post COVID posted:

At this point they should be naming these things the way they do hurricanes. Just have a yearly list of names, and retire them when we have a major variant that fucks a lot of people.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

post COVID posted:

if we are on firefox 99 or whatever the gently caress we can move on to Omicron 3

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Mar 5, 2023

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Covid has upgraded to ipv6

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Sorry but those who are hoping for the Omega variant to wipe us all out, y'all are gonna keep being blue balled. It's going to be the Omicron variant forever.

It's still kinda a cool sci-fi name for something that is gonna end us all tho!

It'll be Omicron until it's like "he's been touched by the hand of rot, LEAVE HIM! HE BREATHES THE SICK!"

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Zugzwang posted:

I am sure that the people responsible for spreading the “mild” myth, getting many people killed or maimed in the process, will apologize and face the appropriate consequences.

They were just spreading the best information they had at the time

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Rick posted:

This just sounds funny.

I've been considering it, both bc it would be funny to see the outlines of the carts sticking out and because I'm like 55% sure it would work or at least make people less jumpscare

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I've been considering it, both bc it would be funny to see the outlines of the carts sticking out and because I'm like 55% sure it would work or at least make people less jumpscare

when it was still cold here i used a fleece cowl for that

cringe listing but it worked:
Oldelf Tactical Heavyweight Balaclava Outdoor Sports Mask https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PWOQ1DY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_3DFVYNNN7XEESJT22N8Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

NPR reporting this morning that we’re coming out of the pandemic

Coming out of the pandemic for two straight years

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

thank god, we're finally done with covid

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

haha fuckin yes

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-severe-previous-covid-variants-large-study-finds-2022-05-05/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAA

AAAAAAA

AAAAAA

AAAAA

AAAA

AAA

AA

A

i started forwarding this to various groupchats so fast physicists are gonna study the event for years

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

they've been reporting that every week for the last 2 years, NPR is run by clueless privileged harry potter wine loving libs who are obsessed with consuming every piece of content on a screen and reporting about it, along with running hit pieces on china whenever they have the chance.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

lol this firmly establishes NPR as further right than Bloomberg News (see my post history in thread for article in question)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yossarian-22 posted:

Is there any kind of N100 thing that I can wear that doesn't look ridiculous and alienate everyone around me?

3M 8293 is a P100 that looks pretty similar to an N95 mask.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If covid is over it shouldn't be a problem to get a second booster approved for people under 50 right

right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
today on fresh air, my guest is Janeen Fragliotto. she stars in the new hit Netflix series Flagrant Lampshade, where she plays a neurotic landlord who falls in love with seven of her tenants and gets them to grow illicit drugs all while juggling being a single mom, forced to live on food stamps to survive due to how little money landlords make. but first the news.