Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/FTL86oEmwOI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Isn’t that basically like the Star Wars attractions they now have at Disneyland?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Huh. I will have to check out the Skywalker Saga.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Can someone make a gif of the dancing vaders?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wrap it up serailures, the Series S is now in stock in Japan.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

wrap it up serailures, the Series S is now in stock in Japan.

This has to be the first time we’ve had stock since launch. Any idea how many units they’ve sold? I don’t read Famitsu.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

This has to be the first time we’ve had stock since launch. Any idea how many units they’ve sold? I don’t read Famitsu.

More than the Xbox One lifetime already, and last week was their highest week since launch.

This means that while number go up, number still embarassed by the Nintendo Switch, the official console of Japan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is there any point buying the 360 version of Lego Star Wars TCS now that the Skywalker Saga is out? I LOVED the original game and I see that this TCS is Lego Star Wars 1/2 ported to 360 but I’m wondering how the ports are! Thanks in advance. It’s like €3 at the moment. I’m under the impression that the Skywalker saga is a totally new game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

is there any point buying the 360 version of Lego Star Wars TCS now that the Skywalker Saga is out? I LOVED the original game and I see that this TCS is Lego Star Wars 1/2 ported to 360 but I’m wondering how the ports are! Thanks in advance. It’s like €3 at the moment. I’m under the impression that the Skywalker saga is a totally new game

It's a totally new game. TCS is also pretty different to the original releases in many ways too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's a totally new game. TCS is also pretty different to the original releases in many ways too.

Ooh interesting. Do you have it?. I still play the original one on my OG XBOX from time to time. Maybe I’ll get it … €3 like

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Oops actually I think TCS might have included the classic levels that they also reworked.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Here's a 20 minute YouTube video that may or may not answer your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECJbmxrDht0

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Basically TCS revamped all the vehicle levels from the original game to be in line with the sequel.

The original lego star wars was cool, I love the final stage because in co-op the game forces you to fight each other.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I love the final stage because in co-op the game forces you to fight each other.

always cool. There was one of the splinter cells on 360 that did it as well

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Here's a 20 minute YouTube video that may or may not answer your question.

thanks United States

That video sucks btw!!!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

More than the Xbox One lifetime already, and last week was their highest week since launch.

This means that while number go up, number still embarassed by the Nintendo Switch, the official console of Japan

Impressive. What do they attribute the higher numbers to?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

Impressive. What do they attribute the higher numbers to?

My understanding is based on Japanese message boards/the Japanese folk I know:

1) Game pass
2) Actually translating (and or doing it better) games for the market on the platform
3) Game Pass
4) PS5 having various problems, the series not being an embarassment
5) Game pass

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:57 on May 5, 2022

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Makes sense. Xbox stays winning!

Relatively.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it probably helps that the Xbox straight up has more japanese games than PlayStation now lol. of course that's only if we count BC poo poo but whatever. if you pick the fail station you get Nioh and the ff7 remake and that's it. both of which aren't even PS5 games so you could just keep your PS4 lol.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I imagine the ps5 will probably get a big jolt whenever ff16 comes out but yeah PS hasn't been the exclusive home of Japanese gaming for a while now cuz the Switch kinda took that over

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I imagine the ps5 will probably get a big jolt whenever ff16 comes out but yeah PS hasn't been the exclusive home of Japanese gaming for a while now cuz the Switch kinda took that over

Maybe? To be honest the general attitude is PS5 is dead* in Japan. Its not had one game sell over 200k units in Japan since its launch (the highest is Elden Ring at 127k) and I saw a thread popping up questioning the PS5 exclusivity for FF16 from a Japan perspective.

*Read: Its Nintendo town now and people feel like Sony only cares about Europe/US now and has just given up on the market

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 5, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They did switch to X is confirm over there with the PS5 they really dug their grave with that one

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hatty posted:

They did switch to X is confirm over there with the PS5 they really dug their grave with that one

Theres a thread right now on one of the boards titled, "PS5 X Button decision is a blasphemy and aggression onto Japanese Culture"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Maybe? To be honest the general attitude is PS5 is dead* in Japan. Its not had one game sell over 200k units in Japan since its launch (the highest is Elden Ring at 127k) and I saw a thread popping up questioning the PS5 exclusivity for FF16 from a Japan perspective.

*Read: Its Nintendo town now and people feel like Sony only cares about Europe/US now and has just given up on the market

gat drat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Barudak posted:

Theres a thread right now on one of the boards titled, "PS5 X Button decision is a blasphemy and aggression onto Japanese Culture"

He's Right

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What's wrong with the x button? Hasn't there always been an x button?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

What's wrong with the x button? Hasn't there always been an x button?

in japan, Circle was confirm up iuntil the PS5 and then for some unfathomable reason they decided to make it so X is now confirm

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think there was a weird period where it was kind of indeterminate in the US which is why you still hit circle to confirm in Metal Gear Solid 1

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
That's just America exporting our freedoms to Japan.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

To further clarify, on PS4 you were allowed to choose which regions "X" rule you wanted to follow, whether Japan or other markets. On PS5 thats gone, Japan's X to cancel is not an option.

Let me tell you there was (and still is) many a thread of them trying to understand why its ok for X to be both correct and wrong in America, what the gently caress a checkmark is, and arguments about natural thumb placement for fastest menu navigation.

Edit: Sony had some idea early in the PS1's life that certain buttons would always queue certain actions and devs were going buck wild in the west with poo poo like triangle to cancel so it was all a horrible mess and the O/X split happened there.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 5, 2022

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
XCloud just updated to allow people who don't have Game Pass Ultimate to stream Fortnite for free, with more F2P games threatened in the future. Interesting move.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Kins posted:

XCloud just updated to allow people who don't have Game Pass Ultimate to stream Fortnite for free, with more F2P games threatened in the future. Interesting move.

Wow, does this require gold or anyone with an xbox account? That’s pretty huge. I imagine warzone once actiblizz is closed as well, maybe a way to juice the halo infinite playercount too?

Something as twitchy as warzone and halo might not work too good but could at least get people into cloud gaming.

I’ve heard conflicting reports from people within MS that they’re not going to do another console and it will be all azure based cloud stuff in the future but I dunno, I think it will just become part of the ecosystem with cloud/low end S/high end X being the norm. MS can definitely crank out specialized PCs for the S and X going forward.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

priznat posted:

Wow, does this require gold or anyone with an xbox account?
Press stuff says you just need a MS account, an internet connection and to be in a country that has XCloud servers.

I suspect that Epic is throwing money at this to use it as a way to bypass the iOS App Store ban, which is just funny.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Kins posted:

Press stuff says you just need a MS account, an internet connection and to be in a country that has XCloud servers.

I suspect that Epic is throwing money at this to use it as a way to bypass the iOS App Store ban, which is just funny.

Ohhh yeah, that would make a heck of a lot of sense.

My son was bummed about that epic ban because he played it on his ipad. I will not tell him about this tho because fortnite sucks rear end.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
oh dang Umurangi Generation is coming to Game Pass later this month (don't see a formal announcement but it showed up in the app). heard great things about that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn52oDzHVHU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

oh dang Umurangi Generation is coming to Game Pass later this month (don't see a formal announcement but it showed up in the app). heard great things about that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn52oDzHVHU

Wow, that's great. The game is incredible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1522199589280964609

the absolute gold-standard for post-release support.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

priznat posted:

Ohhh yeah, that would make a heck of a lot of sense.

My son was bummed about that epic ban because he played it on his ipad. I will not tell him about this tho because fortnite sucks rear end.

let your dipshit kid play with his friends imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah it's weird the new NPB game (japanese baseball league) is only on switch now. It's like Playstation completely gave up on the market.