Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

We managed to give it an all seeing eye, but it's also extremely sarcastic and mean and won't give us any straight answers.

Another failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Dall-E-2, what is the saddest thing?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Bodybuilder Thomas the Tank Engine

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

bees everywhere posted:

an astronaut orbits the earth while playing an electric guitar in the style of a 1960s band poster

trying this request on dall-e mini

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ok I really like this input, wanna try it again when I get dall-e 2 access

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

TIP posted:

trying this request on dall-e mini

an astronaut orbits the earth while playing an electric guitar made of a cat in the style of a 1960s band poster

I think the robot is trolling us.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

TIP posted:

Cronenberg body horror Thomas the Tank Engine

cripes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
"something awful dot com"

"marijuana garden"

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 5, 2022

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

i'm р̷̫̪̺̘͍̭͚͔̦̺͎̳̀̅̉̈̿͘͜ͅį̷̛͖̯̹̼͓̝̊̎̍͌ф̶͇̯͋̾̂̔̂̾͊̏̎̓͂͝͝͝Э̷̧̗̖͓̩̰͖͚̼̙͉̗̱̐́̓̐̆́̒̄̈́̄̀̀̏̕͠ͅЖ̵̜̠͋͗̈́̈͑̃͑͆̄̂̊̌̇̇̕Л̸̨̫͖̲̩̗̼̫̖̩͔͚̟̘̓̅̃͊ rick!

naem
May 29, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

it was nice of zooey dachanel and her sister to mention something awful on their kids tv show after morphing into a block of swiss cheese

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Hell yeah

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

I have a different request. If you could add some of these artists to your next inputs, whatever they might be.

Diego Rivera (try it with frogs!)

Jose Guadalupe Posada (should be good for black and white ideas)

Remedios Varo
Leonora Carrington (both trippy, Varo did some fern-cats like she was a promotable AI decades ago)

Rufino Tamayo (did more abstract stuff but I'm super curious for the results)

Those are off the top of my head for now, really curious what comes from mixing your ideas with these dudes' styles.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

sorry to be dumb but isnt this just Image Search with the kind of AI subject isolation photoshop now has to copy/paste things together, then add filters etc

these are really neat and have great composition tho and makes me wonder if they put a certain artist in the fields

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm now curious what "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" might wrought.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Chello De Don posted:

wow neat, my entire skillset is about to be loving useless!

on the plus side it might drive the final nail into the NFT coffin

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I opened my eyes, and I looked upon the face of creation.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

God damnit dall e 2, give me access already arrrrggghhh.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm now curious what "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" might wrought.

Well if it doesn't wrought any buffalo's or any descript, something somewhere sure hosed up.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I love this

watching that nerd get absolutely bodied by the San Jose Sharks mascot...chef's kiss.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

tbh, i thought that artists would have been the second last job to replaced by machines, but here we are

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Saturday mornings in fall of 1992, it's

JediTalentAgent posted:

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo"

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
lol at marijuana soundgarden

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Durf posted:

these are really neat and have great composition tho and makes me wonder if they put a certain artist in the fields

ok turns out that person is a lucasfilm concept artist and probably knew to gently caress with it until it looked good, and maybe fed their own colors/compositions into it

apparently there are a bunch of artists testing it for their own devices. this one used the AI to create the image on the left, combined 15 results and a paintover for the right.

https://www.instagram.com/nekroxiii/

naem
May 29, 2011

it could be argued that art directors will still be making decisions just with this as a time and labor saving tool, there will just be fewer people in the coal mines scribbling away under them

one question I have is about copyright, how do you enforce infringement of IP if a certain art style counts legally if an AI imitates it successfully

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

naem posted:

one question I have is about copyright, how do you enforce infringement of IP if a certain art style counts legally if an AI imitates it successfully

yeah i'm also curious how easily the source images can be discovered

I could see this destroying editorial illustration where time and money are huge issues, and consistency is not required, but not if the images aren't augmented enough and require source accreditation

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

naem posted:

it could be argued that art directors will still be making decisions just with this as a time and labor saving tool, there will just be fewer people in the coal mines scribbling away under them

Now you're getting to the interesting bit imho. Imagine a shirt that can change what it displays on the fly driven by AI. Hypothetically, how do you enforce copyright on that?

I don't think you can, because if AI is involved it's "just" code and has no morals in the game. Whatever you try to program it to do can just as easily be undone, on top of everything being an algorithmic black box you won't even be able to tweak stuff directly, just ~suggest~ things.

Ask AI how close you can get before it's copyright infringement and have it only go so far. It's algorithms all the way down here in the future.

naem
May 29, 2011

also once you fire your concept artist and then ask an AI for 50 iterations of GREAN PANTS BLUE CHAIR OFFICE LADY SKELETON and you like the art style and composition of one a bunch, how do you nit pick it 100 times with slight variations if there isn’t a person in a chair for you to annoy

does that functionality exist yet?

Do you just keep hitting refresh and right click save as and hope you don’t get too many octopus armed noodle people in a row?

how do you then extrapolate an entire matching body of work for an ad campaign or product line etc based on the art style

I mean I am sure that is coming eventually

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You can lasso tool portions of the image and regen them with different tweaks

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

naem posted:

also once you fire your concept artist and then ask an AI for 50 iterations of GREAN PANTS BLUE CHAIR OFFICE LADY SKELETON and you like the art style and composition of one a bunch, how do you nit pick it 100 times with slight variations if there isn’t a person in a chair for you to annoy

does that functionality exist yet?

Do you just keep hitting refresh and right click save as and hope you don’t get too many octopus armed noodle people in a row?

how do you then extrapolate an entire matching body of work for an ad campaign or product line etc based on the art style

I mean I am sure that is coming eventually

just read the article linked in the first post, it answers all your questions (and it's interesting)

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Computer, show me the fastest route to communist revolution

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

gah

love the horror potential of this poo poo

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Cmdr William Riker would like to know the location of this clothing optional freaky alien beach.

For uh, science purposes.

Redonionking
Mar 13, 2001

I AM A BRILLIANT HAMOLOGIST
Grimey Drawer
This

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Durf posted:

I could see this destroying editorial illustration

lol never mind

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1522287097897488387

maybe they're capping its facial reconstruction to prevent easy deepfakes

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Durf posted:

lol never mind

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1522287097897488387

looks like they're using dall-e mini so this is not at all representative of the state of the art

OpenAI does purposely scramble human faces on their generated art and also prevents you from putting in names of real people, so you'll have to wait for the actually open versions of Dall-e 2 to come out before you can get proper Biden eating tacos results

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Durf posted:

it's doing deliberate face warping for liability issues as i understand it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah, I'm curious just how good the unfiltered results are. The entire concept of this system is still blowing my mind, the amount of advancement is so loving wild that I could still believe after all this content that it's been faked for various reasons