Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

haveblue posted:

The TWAB is out and it's another wall of text about weapon changes, mostly answering specific nitpicks about edge cases.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/51319

Read all of it if you want to learn in great detail how flinch resistance, air effectiveness, and aim assist work

basically the only thing I took from that is wavesplitter isn't getting as buffed as we thought

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The most important news in the TWAB:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
No mention of new maps for PvP. They are really "putting their foot on the gas" for new PvP content! :v:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Trace and Machine Gun champion mods, as I predicted :hellyeah:

Trace will almost certainly be Overload

Machine guns could also be Overload but meet the philosophical criteria for any of the 3 champ types

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trace will be barrier, no question about it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trace will be barrier, no question about it.

MADNESS! Barrier is all about sharp piercing with a sub-theme of rapid sustained hits. Traces nail the second part for sure but their concept of a laser zzzooop is counter to Barrier theory

Overload's primary theme is rapid sustained hits which is trace rifles in a nut shell. Obviously Machine Guns are all about rapid sustained hits too but I don't see them having the Green & Purple Ammo Mods both serving the same champ

Unstoppable's primary theme is ready - aim - FIRE with a sub-theme of charging up a powerful shot. You can shoe-horn any gun into Unstoppable by saying "ADS for 1s and then shoot" but I don't think they'll have Trace or MG make their anti-champion debut with a questionable sub theme.

Official Prediction is Anti-B Machine Gun and Anti-Overload Trace, let's GO

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Now Im getting my hopes up for a craftable trace.

I hope I'm not getting them up for nothing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should make trace rifles good again, imo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Add anti-barrier intrinsic to Xenophage and call it a day

Oxyclean posted:

Now Im getting my hopes up for a craftable trace.

I hope I'm not getting them up for nothing.

They do say they want crafting to eventually cover the entire arsenal so there will definitely be a craftable trace rifle sooner or later

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

haveblue posted:

They do say they want crafting to eventually cover the entire arsenal so there will definitely be a craftable trace rifle sooner or later

Do they mean Entire Arsenal Every Gun Type or Entire Arsenal Every Archetype Of Every Gun?

Probably a meaningless question since the one gun that you, the current reader of this post, want to be craftable will have terrible stats, terrible perks and terrible zoom making it the worst gun imaginable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think they mean that in the distant future you will be able to, and want to, use nothing but crafted guns and expect to have a breadth of inventory comparable to the randomly dropped guns you use today

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Every season's "6 seasonal activity guns" will be craftable, and Season 18's "6 raid guns" will be craftable, but I'd expect a trickle of non-activity, non-raid guns to be craftable each season as well. Like a random world drop or two or three will have a pattern, or the new Dungeon guns etc

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do any mods at all currently work with Vex Mythoclast? I feel like no matter what I equip nothing ever procs off it like I think it will.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Gee, the free SMG we get for this year's Guardian Games kinda pales in comparison to the friggin' Exotic minigun we got last year. I love that drat thing and need to use it more often.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bust Rodd posted:

Do any mods at all currently work with Vex Mythoclast? I feel like no matter what I equip nothing ever procs off it like I think it will.

Which mods are you expecting to proc with it? There are no fusion mods this season and most others are meant to go with void weapons or ones with certain foundry traits. There should be some spicy Solar 3.0 options next season though!

Grimthwacker posted:

Gee, the free SMG we get for this year's Guardian Games kinda pales in comparison to the friggin' Exotic minigun we got last year. I love that drat thing and need to use it more often.

Heir Apparent was only new last year if you hadn’t gotten it the year before. I don’t think there were any purples tied to the event last year.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think I was trying to get the Overload fusion mods to work with it last season and only the Special Beam attack would trigger them, not the regular bullets, meaning it was useless if you didn’t have full stacks every time the champion spawned. I stopped hearing for it after that but now it’s the absolute backbone of my Lorely’s build so I wanna min/max the poo poo out of it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

Armor mods like Quick Charge and Fusion Dexterity and Stagnant Glyphkeeper should work with it. Anything that requires Fusions, Precision Kills, Solar Kills should be active with Mythoclast

Bust Rodd posted:

I think I was trying to get the Overload fusion mods to work with it last season and only the Special Beam attack would trigger them, not the regular bullets, meaning it was useless if you didn’t have full stacks every time the champion spawned. I stopped hearing for it after that but now it’s the absolute backbone of my Lorely’s build so I wanna min/max the poo poo out of it.

It worked last season with Unstoppable Fusion, whether you had it in full auto or linear mode. You had to ADS though.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

ok so if you care about triumphs, the 'higher difficulty throne world activities' platinum card does NOT count for the 'complete 3 throne world contender cards' triumph

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should make trace rifles good again, imo

aegers scepter + catalyst + mantle of battle harmony + stasis subclass of choice is v good for warlocks. just always be super scepterin'

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should make trace rifles work with Actium War Rig again, imo

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

PathAsc posted:

I tried playing on Xbox again and it still feels awful on controller compared to m+kb on PC. Maybe I just need to adjust sensitivity, but I don't know if I care to slog through that just yet. Any suggestions? I really haven't done much on console since leviathan was still the good raid, so maybe it's just lack of use.

My conclusion from transitioning to console is that you need to reevaluate your favourite guns. Guns that I liked on pc (like pulses) feel like poo poo on ps5. I kind of suffered until a good Peacebond dropped and it sort of clicked for me.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

ok so if you care about triumphs, the 'higher difficulty throne world activities' platinum card does NOT count for the 'complete 3 throne world contender cards' triumph

I, too, found this out last night. The best part is that I was finding it quicker to do the platinum card via the GG training strike.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PathAsc posted:

I tried playing on Xbox again and it still feels awful on controller compared to m+kb on PC. Maybe I just need to adjust sensitivity, but I don't know if I care to slog through that just yet. Any suggestions? I really haven't done much on console since leviathan was still the good raid, so maybe it's just lack of use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei9NmFyGQnc

Something as small and simple as this kind of tweak can have really huge impacts on your aim and handling. Don’t be afraid to futz with stuff, I was PC at launch for 2 years, took a year or so off, and now I couldn’t IMAGINE going back to play on PC, it’s PS5 all the way baby. I never managed a single Flawless on PC, I’ve gone to the Lighthouse twice since coming back to the game on console, I really think I’m better at the game now on controller than M&K.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Marzzle posted:

aegers scepter + catalyst + mantle of battle harmony + stasis subclass of choice is v good for warlocks. just always be super scepterin'

I run this with an Elemental Well build and it's buck wild how often you can engage murderbeam mode, and even outside of that the (effectively) passive weapon damage buff from Mantle/Font is pretty effective. Also it's fun as hell

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Has Diamond Lance been able to be used in an effective build or is it still a gimmick aspect?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Any PC folks got tips for party chat with xbox folks with game bar? I tried it for the first time last night and was disconnecting from the party seconds after joining it.. seems like a firewall issue but I think I got the right ports set up (88 and 3074). The network tester in the xbox companion app says things look okay (nat is moderate, which is acceptable).

Googling for it is kind of hard because a lot of it ends up being xbox specific or lovely advice like "turn off your firewall."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Has Diamond Lance been able to be used in an effective build or is it still a gimmick aspect?

It's fantastic! The Lance itself and also the fact that it gives 3x fragment slots

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lance has been good for some time now.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Coming back to D2 after about 2 months of Elden Ring and I'm woefully behind in the season. Is there anything I should be focusing on farming from the seasonal content?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Listerine posted:

Coming back to D2 after about 2 months of Elden Ring and I'm woefully behind in the season. Is there anything I should be focusing on farming from the seasonal content?

seasonal weapons and activity will be sticking around.

getting the season track to 100 and doing the exotic machine gun's catalyst, with the 4x boost since that'll be going away.

but of the seasonal weapons, the sniper has real good pve perks available, the grenade launcher is a solar wave frame and the pulse and auto are... good?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The bow can also get some really good rolls and is the only currently obtainable legendary void bow.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the bow is craftable too so you can get any roll you want on it, which rules

also the pulse rifle is one of the most popular weapons in the crucible right now by a fair margin for a very justified reason: it's incredibly good

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Kith posted:

the bow is craftable too so you can get any roll you want on it, which rules

also the pulse rifle is one of the most popular weapons in the crucible right now by a fair margin for a very justified reason: it's incredibly good

which one, Piece of Mind?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Listerine posted:

which one, Piece of Mind?

yes, but also syncopation

piece of mind is incredible at all ranges and feels very good, especially in the midst of Void 3.0 and Enhanced Elemental Capacitor stapling something along the lines of +30 stability to your gun

syncopation is an absolute meme machine though because Enhanced Hip-Fire Grip makes hipfire disgustingly forgiving, especially when paired with Arrowhead Brake and Freehand Grip, so you can just pop heads like you're using DMT

and they're both craftable! get your personalized perfect roll today!!!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

Any PC folks got tips for party chat with xbox folks with game bar? I tried it for the first time last night and was disconnecting from the party seconds after joining it.. seems like a firewall issue but I think I got the right ports set up (88 and 3074). The network tester in the xbox companion app says things look okay (nat is moderate, which is acceptable).

Googling for it is kind of hard because a lot of it ends up being xbox specific or lovely advice like "turn off your firewall."

The only voice chat that works for me with console players is Discord.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mill Village posted:

The only voice chat that works for me with console players is Discord.

I've been on xbox and played with steam folks that used xbox party chat without issue.. so someone out there has cracked the code.

But yeah, discord chat is what most people do because it also works with PS folks.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i got tarrabah from spoils i beat out of atheon

destiny 2 is a land of contrasts

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
They need to release an exotic called Ultra-Chonker

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Also truck nutz but its a hunter cape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What makes a good roll of Title anyway? I see threads like this one and realise I've probably dismantled a bunch of them that these people would go nuts over.

https://twitter.com/TheDFlawless/status/1522692542059487233?t=4rtkPzj-MnGvJfTrrcwM8A&s=19

I have one with high cal & swashbuckler and figure that's enough for me.