Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Ted Kravitz reporting paddock rumors that Latifi could be replaced by Piastri on loan from Alpine lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

FAUXTON posted:

Max Verstappen retires from Miami GP after hitting a gator, race red flagged, gator disarms 3 track volunteers before crawling under the fake water and eluding capture.

they should put some inflatable gators on the fake water

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Charles Leclerc posted:

Ted Kravitz reporting paddock rumors that Latifi could be replaced by Piastri on loan from Alpine lol

mechanics probably threatened to walk out if they had to fix his car one more time

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Charles Leclerc posted:

Lol

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
One Canadian failson down, one to go.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Your av reminded me. I went to an Italian restaurant for dinner last weekend and got the carbonara. It was good, but the guanciale was cubed.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Charles Leclerc posted:

Oscar finally gets to sit in a trash can

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
latifi gonna go out in style

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

latifi gonna go out in style

oh no

that's not what they mean by "F1 Paddock"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cimber posted:

All he needs is a fanny pack and he would be totally american tourist.

too thin

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

lol this owns

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I hope some gets real drunk and tries to jump in the water

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Getting some Sofina cured meats to honour his illustrious career

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

oh no

that's not what they mean by "F1 Paddock"

:holymoley:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Charles Leclerc posted:

That would be good. One Canadian bin man down...

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/landonorris/status/1522230961479426050?s=21&t=xz4-phMcyKsrICiadg9ROA

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

:lando: owns

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It really isn't. It just looks like either a deflated or bloated ball.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it looks like the kind of dumb helmet you'd unlock in forza horizon or something

which is why it owns

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 5, 2022

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

ArmZ posted:

too thin

Clothes too slim as well.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

This is the most porpoising appropriate helmet. Looking forward to it being dribbled down the back straight

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I keep picturing MJ dribbling Landos head down the starting grid, his body sticking out sideways and rag-dolling around

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I keep picturing MJ dribbling Landos head down the starting grid, his body sticking out sideways and rag-dolling around

Lando is a bit old for Michael Jackson, no?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:chloe:

Wrong MJ, my guy.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I saw a post on facebook that porche and audi are officially joining so came here to confirm but no one is losing their minds about it so now idk what to think, or why I would come to this thread for F1 news in the first place.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

I saw a post on facebook that porche and audi are officially joining so came here to confirm but no one is losing their minds about it so now idk what to think, or why I would come to this thread for F1 news in the first place.

I believe in Lewis op

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This and Zhou’s helmet are very good and if you don’t like them you are a killjoy.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

its in 2026 so it might as well be never

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

The mind blowing news is they officially intend to join in some way (yet to be decided) in 4 years rather than what we had before, which were strong rumours that they will probably join in some way in 2026.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They aren’t even going to start new teams either, just partner with Red Bull and buy another preexisting team.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Charles Leclerc posted:

Get in there "are Ossie!"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Mercedes and Audi both in Grand Prix racing? And Germany stepping up arms production? What could go wrong

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Cimber posted:

All he needs is a fanny pack and he would be totally american tourist.

needs an extra 70 pounds

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Nobody has ever looked less like an American tourist than Bottas does there.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
can someone explain something because this is warping my brain

if the water is painted, how/why on earth are there yachts there? what are they standing on? dry land? whose yachts are they? how did they get there? how will they remove them? why would someone agree to place their yacht on dry land

im so confused by all this

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Rhopunzel posted:

if the water is painted, how/why on earth are there yachts there? what are they standing on? dry land? whose yachts are they? how did they get there? how will they remove them? why would someone agree to place their yacht on dry land

the answer to all these questions is 'money'

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rhopunzel posted:

They're plywood, right?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

apparently it's an outdoor showroom for a yacht manufacturer, not just random people's boats

they moved overnight, because the city wouldn't let them be transported during the day

the 'water' is vinyl over plywood

boats sit on stands all the time on land, it's where they're made

but really, money

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

spaceblancmange posted:

Slurp Juice Grand Prix of Miami

One of the best parts of the Shift F1 podcast is when they read out the sponsor's names for Nascar races. "The Support Are Troops 400"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They rented yachts, trucked them out, put them on stands, and built a fake water surface 4-5 feet above the ground.