Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I would not describe a cover with mpreg Robotnik in the background as fine.

These days he goes by Mpreggman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Elfface posted:

These days he goes by Mpreggman

Oh poo poo

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

He'll always be Dr Rovorenik to me

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Sonic's nose sticking out of the panel is inspired.

And I guess whatever his hand is doing in that panel.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 5, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
George Perez has passed away :911:

https://twitter.com/TerryMooreArt/status/1523010506214481921

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Ah, gently caress. Yeah I remember about a month ago he was diagnosed as terminally ill. gently caress...Adams now Perez. Who do I need to be worried about now with the "these come in threes" thing?

George wasn't my favorite artist but I really liked his work on Teen Titans and just marveling at the detail he put into his backgrounds and poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Justin Green and Neal Adams both passed away recently too. It’s been a hard few weeks for comics.

E: just remembered Scott McCloud’s wife died in a car accident too. Terrible losses all around.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 7, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Perez was surrounded by loved ones and had a huge outpour of support from fans telling him how much they loved him and his work before he died. All death is a tragedy but when I die, I hope to die half as well as him

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

From The Wrong Earth: Purple, art by Fred Harper.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That's quite handy!

Posting from an acclaimed run, so this is a hot take folks, from Hickman's Fantastic Four. You have rad stylish Alan Davis covers, open it up, you get this.

When I see a Marvel or DC book with this kind of style, not my thing, but may go with it if the writing is really good. I haven't heard much positive on Slott's FF run at the moment, but I do like at least that art being more "cartoony"/stylized etc is a little bit back in style these days.

Another nitpick, taste aside, Marvel's overall lack of sticking with one artist, due to scheduling etc. That Hickman run launched with an artist I liked a little bit more, but for just a few issues or so. Though that guy was also detail/realism over expression or dynamicness, felt like he cut and pasted Reed's detailed face from panel to panel practically.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The art in Drifting Dragons is gorgeous

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

thetoughestbean posted:

The art in Drifting Dragons is gorgeous

Guy who has only read the Link to the Past manga: Getting a lot of 'Link to the Past' vibes from this....

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Lobok posted:

Guy who has only read the Link to the Past manga: Getting a lot of 'Link to the Past' vibes from this....

Drifting Dragons actually takes a lot of cues from early Ghibli, especially Nausicaa and Castle in the Sky.

Speaking of gorgeous art, more folks should read the Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind manga. It’s made by Hayao Miyazaki himself and goes way beyond the scope of the movie

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Now this is how to draw feet:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That perspective is giving me a headache.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I reiterate here my annoyance with '90s Ron Lim art of any kind

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I reiterate here my annoyance with '90s Ron Lim art of any kind

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

You think that helps your case?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Why are there seams all over him? :gonk: He looks like a human in a Rotor suit.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’m the smoke that covers up the detailed, hard-to-draw city.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

2001, some walrus from Sonic, and still we add pouches

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Jedit posted:

You think that helps your case?

lol nah Ron Lim is considered very infamous in the Archie Sonic fandom

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Why are there seams all over him? :gonk: He looks like a human in a Rotor suit.

This post suggested to me a person who thought every Sonic character was literally a human in a suit, an entire cast of sports team mascots, and for a second I felt like that art of the intrepid dude on a mountain ridge overlooking a stunning new vista

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
gently caress

https://twitter.com/jimlee/status/1536401890048520192?s=21&t=753NjdR34YS8tajuXZgTPA

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Tim has passed away.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RIP the man who gave Jeph Loeb his career

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man. Bad loving year for good comic book artists holy poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hmm. Some guy won Jim Lee's drawing table in a Wizard contest in 1995. Maybe he'll make it big someday.

Born in 1983, math tells me he was around 12 at the time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Good lord, he did that when he was 12? Pencilled, inked, and coloured?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Spider-Man got a big head!

https://twitter.com/ErikJLarsen/status/1540044773012099072?s=20&t=xlLdqg2WYtkzlhlx_FeKlA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Who can forget the classic team up between Luke Cage and a talking parade float of Spider-Man?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

X-O posted:

Hmm. Some guy won Jim Lee's drawing table in a Wizard contest in 1995. Maybe he'll make it big someday.

Born in 1983, math tells me he was around 12 at the time.

okay this led me on a weird thing because Rocafort's wikipedia page just lists his birth year as 1983, but if you google search him the infobox on the side that comes up lists his full birthdate as January 29th, 1977, which would make him 18 when he drew that.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Hahahaha this loving rules in a “work smarter, not harder” way

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m pretty sure that issue was drawn in 24 hours too, which makes it the first 24 hour comic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alaois posted:

okay this led me on a weird thing because Rocafort's wikipedia page just lists his birth year as 1983, but if you google search him the infobox on the side that comes up lists his full birthdate as January 29th, 1977, which would make him 18 when he drew that.

18 makes a lot more sense.

That's still super impressive for 18 though.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Pages (mostly) without dialogue, from the Mirage Studios printing of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie. All of these were omitted from the Archie printing of the same title. Maybe they didn't like the way the tails were drawn?

Pencils: Jim Lawson
Inks: Eric Talbot, Kevin Eastman, and Peter Laird

Superboy #105 (1963)
Pencils/inks: Al Plastino

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Darthemed posted:

Pages (mostly) without dialogue, from the Mirage Studios printing of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie. All of these were omitted from the Archie printing of the same title. Maybe they didn't like the way the tails were drawn?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie: The Comic Book: Those Aren't Penises

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is difficult to see those as anything other than the turtles hanging dong. Especially Michelangelo in that first one.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When Erik Larsen had the turtles show up in Savage Dragon, he gave them the red bandannas and tails and I remember either Wizard or Hero Magazine zeroed in on the tails and were like :wth: :dong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

ruddiger posted:

When Erik Larsen had the turtles show up in Savage Dragon, he gave them the red bandannas and tails and I remember either Wizard or Hero Magazine zeroed in on the tails and were like :wth: :dong:

My friend got the first collection of the Mirage books and showed me a page where you could "see the turtles dicks", and then refused to show me the pages where they had an orgy with April because "It's too much for you to see".

He was very excited to show me their "Dicks" though!