Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

There definitely seem to be some issues with the stocking of the Tallneck. I ordered it a little after midnight when it was listed as being in stock, got an alert the next morning that my order was out of stock, checked the website and it was still listed as in stock, and now my order is backordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Idg stuff like vidya being way up there when it was a short lived line that seems to sell for way less than msrp on eBay.

I suspect that's largely because of the Bandmates S2 set having very limited release and people reselling them for 5x msrp. I want the full set, but I'm not paying $20+ per minifig.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I'm honestly a little surprised at how in demand the tallneck was. I just happened to still be awake in bed when midnight rolled around, so I ordered, but in my head I was thinking it would be in stock. I love those games myself but no one else I know IRL has played them. I'd absolutely love it if they made more robo-dinos from that series.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'm always up for more robots. I have all the Overwatch mechs, even though I've never played that game. I would have loved the Overwatch 2 set that had been announced as well, if it hadn't been for the fact that we've since found out what a hellscape Activision is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh my Kakapo order has switched from In Process to Backordered. I ordered during the 2nd phase so it was estimated for a June delivery already so I'm not sure if this will delay it more or not

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Ordered the tallneck when it was in stock, now delayed to may 20th shipping date

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
My shipment label was created yesterday but FedEx doesn’t actually have my tallneck and landspeeder in their hands so… who knows

e: picked up, scheduled for friday so... probably saturday

Dogen fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 4, 2022

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Costco has Boba's throne room for $59.99 in store and $64.99 online.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
My UCS Landspeeder order from Saturday night arrived…today May the 4th. Perfectly timed.

However it’s going into the backlog along with the trench run and trash compactor sets so I’m bummed. I still have chunks of sets littering the place from that bin I picked up. Trying to get them cleaned up and reassembled for resale.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

ohhyeah posted:

How can I get this for 55? :stare:
If you're a eurogoon check out https://www.brickwatch.net It has price alerts for sets you want.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I'm honestly a little surprised at how in demand the tallneck was.
I ordered the last one on a different site than Lego.com and build it today. But it seems very popular, bunch of friends have also ordered it. Seems to be on par with the Saturn 5, it's a big hit and a cool build. Really hoping for more game inspired diaroma sets.

engessa fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 4, 2022

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Oh, it's the GOAT alright...

But you can't expect me to reveal before clutching the deal.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I ordered Tallneck and The 2 new botanicals from Walmart and they delivered in 2 days.
That’s rad.

Classy poo poo:

I just finished the Orchids in the nick of time too…

I go in for surgery tomorrow. :/

Tallneck gonna have to wait.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
That's quite the Lego injury.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

My only very small complaint with the orchids is the stuff you losely through into the pot at the end. I know that the Bonsai works the same, but with the stuff you through into the Orchid, it seemed kinda off/could have been handled a bit better. Apart from that, a wonderful set. Now waiting till the tallneck is available here, to also snatch the Succulents to get free shipping.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

tuo posted:

My only very small complaint with the orchids is the stuff you losely through into the pot at the end. I know that the Bonsai works the same, but with the stuff you through into the Orchid, it seemed kinda off/could have been handled a bit better. Apart from that, a wonderful set. Now waiting till the tallneck is available here, to also snatch the Succulents to get free shipping.

Yeah I'm moving again in the summer so I've avoided putting any "dirt" into the bonsai or Birds, or the orchid when it arrives.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah I'm moving again in the summer so I've avoided putting any "dirt" into the bonsai or Birds, or the orchid when it arrives.

I found it to be fairly easy to take apart and transport, if you dump the "dirt" into a large, empty container it should be trivial to rebag the pieces.

Now ask me about taking apart four modulars in a week. :shepicide:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I can't find my UCS Imperial shuttle. For years I thought it was in this box in the basement but I went to go put it back together (after my recent triumph reassembling my old UCS Falcon) and realized that what's in that box is the stand and landing gear (and wing cranks) from 10212 but all the white pieces are just parts of Tantive IV.

:ohdear::ohdear::ohdear:

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

FOMO hit me hard this morning and I threw a bunch of Star Wars stuff into the cart in order to get the three free sets for May the 4th, but only the Beskar keychain was added as a gift. That'll teach me to stay up on the first of the month and buy everything as soon as it's available :negative:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MaliciousOnion posted:

That's quite the Lego injury.

Always use a brick separator.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Good idea, use 2 brick separators to splint it!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I bought one of those muppet cmf boxes on amazon. I figured it would cut down on the time I spent feeling bags. I was worried about duplicates, but got 6 different figures. The description doesn't say the figures are random or selected or anything. So I either got lucky, or they are packed that way. :shrug:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q4N88X2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think they're packed in a way that will guarantee that you get 6 unique minifigures, but randomly. So like buying two boxes won't guarantee you get the whole set/6 doubles

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How many boxes do you need to buy to have a 99% chance of getting all 12 minifigs

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Veotax posted:

I think they're packed in a way that will guarantee that you get 6 unique minifigures, but randomly.

If anybody wants to test this, I got Statler(the one without a mustache), Bunsen, Kermit, Animal, Piggy, and Fozzie.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet
I got my Tallneck earlier this week, and there is an error in the bag 4 instructions that mean that there are two bits missing from the bag. Luckily they are regular pieces that I'm getting shipped for free, but it is a surprising oversight.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I can't believe how many reddit posts there are of people who sat in a store feeling bags or ordered a bunch of 6-pack Muppet boxes only to get bunches of 6 dupes. I know it's too late now, but moving forward if there's ever an upcoming cmf set you know you want, if you get on eBay early and pre-order, you can get the entire set, still in bags, with free shipping, for like $2 more than if you drove to a store and felt every bag to get a whole set. They jack the price up once the sets are release so a set is like $78 now, but in April I paid 62 plus tax, free shipping. So I assume they're just ordering crates of these things at reseller prices to make any money.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

langurmonkey posted:

I got my Tallneck earlier this week, and there is an error in the bag 4 instructions that mean that there are two bits missing from the bag. Luckily they are regular pieces that I'm getting shipped for free, but it is a surprising oversight.

What's the error? Got my Tallneck today

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah, I built mine fine. There's no error in the instructions AFAIK, that just sounds like you had some missing pieces. Which sucks, but it happens on occasion.
It's why the free parts replacement service exists.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You stole those pieces you should send them back.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Before throwing them out check each plastic bag to make sure you didn't miss any tiny parts. They can get stuck pretty easily

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 5, 2022

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

davebo posted:

They jack the price up once the sets are release so a set is like $78 now, but in April I paid 62 plus tax, free shipping.
dang I didn't feel comfortable ordering from someone who didn't even have the things in hand yet so I thought I could wait

shows what I know about the cutthroat business of miniature figures

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

davebo posted:

I can't believe how many reddit posts there are of people who sat in a store feeling bags or ordered a bunch of 6-pack Muppet boxes only to get bunches of 6 dupes. I know it's too late now, but moving forward if there's ever an upcoming cmf set you know you want, if you get on eBay early and pre-order, you can get the entire set, still in bags, with free shipping, for like $2 more than if you drove to a store and felt every bag to get a whole set. They jack the price up once the sets are release so a set is like $78 now, but in April I paid 62 plus tax, free shipping. So I assume they're just ordering crates of these things at reseller prices to make any money.

I've been saying the same thing for a while. If you really really want to save $$ then wait a few months after they come out. You can usually get them for a bit cheaper.

But I always order in advance. Then I don't have to worry about it and I don't have to spend an awkward hour feeling bags, if that is even allowed. I did it a couple times and found it to be a waste of time.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
my clone wars AAT was missing part 93604, one of the big car hood looking pieces that comprise the front hatch of the vehicle lol. like, kind of a major piece

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

My brother’s UCS AT-AT had a duplicate inner box. It took a long time to get that one sorted.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Delivery for Sunday's order showed up at my door this morning, including the Tallneck. Last update I got from Lego was an e-mail yesterday morning that was a generic 'sorry for the delay' message. There was none of the usual notice from the delivery company either. It's probably just some crossed wires in the system due to the current workload, but mostly I'm just glad it's actually here.

Anyway, with 16 sets in the backlog, including several major ones, I woke up this morning to a notification from a Dutch Lego site that says that the Starry Night Ideas set might be coming as early as the third week of May.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Veotax posted:

Yeah, I built mine fine. There's no error in the instructions AFAIK, that just sounds like you had some missing pieces. Which sucks, but it happens on occasion.
It's why the free parts replacement service exists.

Yeah finished my Tallneck, no missing parts. If anything the set seems to have a lot of extra pieces.

As for the set itself it looks really good but it's obviously not meant to be played with since the Watcher and Aloy's spear are really flimsy.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

TheMadMilkman posted:

My brother’s UCS AT-AT had a duplicate inner box. It took a long time to get that one sorted.

Like one of the boxes with the numbered bags inside? So your brother got about 3-5 thousand extra/duplicate parts?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any goon recommendations for storing parts? I bought a few Plano tackle boxes which were good a year ago, but now I'm getting a bunch of parts and need partner acceptance and portability.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Looks like almost all the Star Wars Summer leaks were correct according to Promobricks. AT-TE, Obi Wan Jedi Starfighter, Inquistor Ship from Kenobi, Cad Bane Justifier, Buildable BD-1. Only new stuff I saw was Obi Wan vs Darth Vader battle diorama and Andor spaceship and speeder bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ASAPI posted:

Like one of the boxes with the numbered bags inside? So your brother got about 3-5 thousand extra/duplicate parts?

The at-at had 4 interior boxes and 6800 pieces so it seems like it'd be more in the 1500-2000 range