Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love how fans of the products somehow don't count as much as people who buy tickets but are also not fans of the product. Yeah I know Maria Carey sold out the stadium but how many of them hate her as a performer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Even if by some random stroke of fate 14,000 pasty white mid30s cishet dudes bought all those tickets in 40 minutes, they still sold 14,000 tickets in 40 minutes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

This is nasty.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

it sure as poo poo ain't nice

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

So predictable you could set your loving watch to it

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1522277026652061720

It sucks for AEW that male nerd money is only worth 60 cents on the dollar due to nerd germs.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

"I was so correct that it led to the opposite of what I said would happen"

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Rarity posted:

The two places in the world with scalpers, New York and Chicago. AEW should run Idaho - no scalpers there!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rarity posted:

it has to be a bit at this point right?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Wow I bet FTR are dying to get back to the WWE for 1:50 squash matches!

And hey, remember when Bald FTR recently mentioned having a talk about his anxieties with HBK, who seemed supportive, until he was in the company of his old Kliq buddies and was suddenly all like "look at that nerd with his feelings and stuff" and they all laughed at him (except apparently Waltman, who was mortified)?

You know, just in case that lovely squash match didn't leave a sour enough taste in your mouth already.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gonzo McFee posted:

It sucks for AEW that male nerd money is only worth 60 cents on the dollar due to nerd germs.

Who's ever made money going after the male nerd/geek market??

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bartok posted:

his entire online persona is a bit

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
toxic AEWbros literally preventing women and poc from buying tickets to the show smdh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

bartok posted:

It's a career and lifestyle

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

bartok posted:

He's a troll so yes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Are we sure he’s a troll and not just a total loving moron

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
both can be true. some of the most disingenuous poo poo i've ever seen posted has been by people also dumb as gently caress

he's definitely playing it up for engagement though

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

Are we sure he’s a troll and not just a total loving moron

He’s not even a troll, he’s likely getting paid at least some small amount

It’s just a job

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Forbes pays poo poo, he's definitely getting salami subsidies

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
it's almost comical how little Forbes pays these days. used to be alright if you had nothing else going on but these days anybody still writing for that shithole is a straight up idiot.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I keep seeing this take about Forbes, can somebody explain to me why it sucks?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I keep seeing this take about Forbes, can somebody explain to me why it sucks?

They used to pay you a flat monthly rate as long as you put up a certain number of articles (I think it was 5??). Then they restructured and now you get paid per article and it started out poo poo and has gone down if the stories are to be believed. I haven't done anything for them in at least a decade and literally no one I know in the business has either. Of course there's also a bafflingly huge amount of people who write for free for them and I don't know how that works because if you do it you are loving Stupid.

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 6, 2022

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Working for exposure is actually a thing, you just have to find the right rubes.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Tony Khan taking the time to dunk on randos with 58 followers but never acknowledging Konuwa no matter how far he goes to get a reaction is hilarious and I hope he never engages with him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Zombie Lemur posted:

Tony Khan taking the time to dunk on randos with 58 followers but never acknowledging Konuwa no matter how far he goes to get a reaction is hilarious and I hope he never engages with him.

He should co-opt him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
I bet you if BBT sent that dude two charcuterie trays or whatever, he'd do a 180° so fast and praise AEW "for truly realizing MLK's dream of equality" and start calling WWE's owner "Vincent KKKennedy McKlahon"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"Vincent KKKennedy McKlahon"

lol I’m surprised I’ve never heard this one before

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I bet you if BBT sent that dude two charcuterie trays or whatever, he'd do a 180° so fast and praise AEW "for truly realizing MLK's dream of equality" and start calling WWE's owner "Vincent KKKennedy McKlahon"

Press passes to the Forum Dynamite and let him shadow Megha and Nastyism will run wild for years to come.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Gotta book Jay Lethal to win the ROH TV Title as the cherry on top

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

salami subsidies

thread title please

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

At this point you could probably buy him off with a Bar S hotdog valuepack

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Gotta book Jay Lethal to win the ROH TV Title as the cherry on top

God, I wish he'd just gently caress off at this point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you know who Ben Verlander is you'll know why this is very funny.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1522615547657023488

And here is some kind of dumb fantasy booking to wash the Satin out of your eyes.

https://twitter.com/NotThatTomGreen/status/1522211852263907330

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 6, 2022

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

If you know who Ben Verlander is you'll know why this is very funny.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1522615547657023488

And here is some kind of dumb fantasy booking to wash the Satin out of your eyes.

I have no idea who Ben Verlander is but is he some sort of failson like Satin who had a similar path through life?

If that's his free advice I don't want to see what he charges for.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm on board with this plan, but only if we continue going the full George Burns "Oh God" route and eventually Stokley is playing both God and Satan

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hoss Corncave posted:

I have no idea who Ben Verlander is but is he some sort of failson like Satin who had a similar path through life?

If that's his free advice I don't want to see what he charges for.

Justin Verlander's brother who got a gig with Fox Sports thanks to his famous brother, but just got a profile written about him pretending he is a bold innovator.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Straight up nepotism hire, got it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/BiggPermWorm/status/1522661650398162944?t=070E9UcTqL7UAIBSHO-lyA&s=19

Signing wrestlers people want to pay to see is bad actually

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'fans aren't staying week to week' is a fun argument b/c it implies that there's 900k new people watching every new dynamite

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Tato posted:

I'm on board with this plan, but only if we continue going the full George Burns "Oh God" route and eventually Stokley is playing both God and Satan

Miro needs this theme song for the new gimmick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p554R-Jq43A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I bet if you asked 10 of these goobers what "booking" means you'd get 10 different answers and they'd all be wrong