Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It did last time too, the version of Prey on EGS just has Mooncrash packaged in as standard

It doesn't have Typhon Hunter but who cares about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

repiv posted:

Terraforming Mars is up as the Epic freebie

Next week is Jotun and Prey (2016), both repeats but Prey owns so I'll forgive them

Terraforming Mars has been the freebie....more than once before right? I swear I'm noticing repeats a lot lately

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I don't think Terraforming Mars has been free before, maybe you're thinking of Surviving Mars

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't think it was free on Epic at least, because I don't think I've missed a single freebie there and it wasn't already in my library.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Terraforming Mars definitely hasn’t been free, but Surviving Mars had been. Terraforming Mars was in the tabletop games humble bundle earlier this month though.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

repiv posted:

I don't think Terraforming Mars has been free before, maybe you're thinking of Surviving Mars

Lol yep both of those just melded into one in my brain. Haven't played either, of course, despite now owning both. So it goes

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Prey owns bones, absolutely the best immersive sim ever; it's basically System Shock 3.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That would make a really good thread title!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

roomtwofifteen posted:

Lol yep both of those just melded into one in my brain. Haven't played either, of course, despite now owning both. So it goes

You don't need to tell us that you haven't played it, we can just assume that. You haven't been threadbanned, after all.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Prey is a game where you can approach a situation where you need to get through a cargo bay full of a large number of enemies by sneaking through, by employing the assistance of a group of survivors to fight them, or you can do what I did in my last playthrough which was to murder all of the human survivors, melt their corpses and weapons down into parts to fabricate an array of automatic turrets, and transmogrify the last remaining human corpse into a corrosive-spewing nightmare monster to aid in the fight.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Yeah, it's a good game. Less imaginative compared to Dishonored, but what isn't.

It probably never became a classic because of enemy design. Seriously, all of the enemies look like placeholders. Mimics are memetic but that's about it. It's a game about exploring a cool place and the enemies are a hindrance on your way.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

ilitarist posted:

Yeah, it's a good game. Less imaginative compared to Dishonored, but what isn't.

It probably never became a classic because of enemy design. Seriously, all of the enemies look like placeholders. Mimics are memetic but that's about it. It's a game about exploring a cool place and the enemies are a hindrance on your way.

Mimics are cool and unique and provide some interesting gameplay moments early on when you’re frantically swinging at coffee cups with your wrench. The rest of the enemies in Prey are the worst part of Prey.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I thought the various phantoms looked cool and scary

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

flatluigi posted:

I thought the various phantoms looked cool and scary

Who's your favourite? The one that looks like a heap of furniture, or shadow humanoid, or a bigger shadow humanoid, or shadow humanoid with elemental attack? I might have forgotten some of the shadow humanoids.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

What differentiates them is how they fight, not how they look. I think they look fine, and look better up close than from a distance. There's some cool detail.

They're not MVP GOAT best enemy designs/variation ever, but I think it sells the game short to say that it's uninspired. Especially given that almost all the enemies have emergent effects on their surroundings.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I got a duplicate DS2 out of the amazon prime gaming offer, if you want it send me a PM.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

SlowBloke posted:

I got a duplicate DS2 out of the amazon prime gaming offer, if you want it send me a PM.
Do I have to promise to not play it?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

itry posted:

Do I have to promise to not play it?

I won't snitch if you do

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SlowBloke posted:

I won't snitch if you do

I will though.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Wait we aren't allowed to play gifted games either? Or is it only gifted games that were free?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If a gifted game was paid for, you can play it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
What if the seller got it for free and I buy it from them, then I gift it for free, and the other friend gift it back to me? Then I sell it back to the seller so they can play it knowing they pay for their own free game that they sold and buy? :thunk:

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
that's some very big 'young wizard trifling with dark magiks' energy

you're gonna end up playing peggle for 10,000 hours if you keep loving around

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jokes on you I’ve already done that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What if there was a child dying of cancer and his Make a Wish was to play a free game

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
well now I remembered the existence of Peggle, there goes the evening

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

HopperUK posted:

well now I remembered the existence of Peggle, there goes the evening

It's not a free game, but there is a game called Peglin. You fight monsters by playing peggle to do damage.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It's not a free game, but there is a game called Peglin. You fight monsters by playing peggle to do damage.

There's Roundguard too. Might look for a free Peggle though in the spirit of the thread.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
My proudest achievement in gaming to date was receiving my Peggle doctorate (100% clear every level)

As such, I couldn’t help but notice that nobody in this thread has been addressing me as Dr. timp. Which is fine! I mean I worked really hard to get that doctorate but it’s cool, I’m not weird about it or whatever

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

timp posted:

My proudest achievement in gaming to date was receiving my Peggle doctorate (100% clear every level)

As such, I couldn’t help but notice that nobody in this thread has been addressing me as Dr. timp. Which is fine! I mean I worked really hard to get that doctorate but it’s cool, I’m not weird about it or whatever

Nobody does that for me, and I have an actual Ph.D; I doubt that I'm alone. There are probably a few physicians on this forum as well; you'll get used to it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

Nobody does that for me, and I have an actual Ph.D; I doubt that I'm alone. There are probably a few physicians on this forum as well; you'll get used to it.

Unless your PhD is in Peggle you can't even compete with Dr timp

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

HopperUK posted:

Unless your PhD is in Peggle you can't even compete with Dr timp

On the battlefields of the Peggleverse, I acknowledge his superiority.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Isn’t the half life themed Peggle actually free?

E: yep

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3483/Peggle_Extreme/

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Cojawfee posted:

Peglin is really good but not a whole lot of content yet.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
HW4L-DPTS-VLB4-SLEZ-4GXZ

dead space 2 on origin

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

got some chores tonight posted:

dead space 2 on origin

i took this, thanks

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Peggle reminded me of Bejeweled and how my mom, who had never played a video game before, basically became addicted to it.

That's what you get for playing a free game.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I wish my mother played awesome Peggle instead of bloody Bejeweled and the rampant King clones.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

My mum also got obsessed with peggle for a while. I still think of it when I hear ode to joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Popcap games hooked moms like nothing else. Mine got addicted to bookworm and zuma