Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Kazzah posted:

Mr. Albanese, typically, dodged the question, and claimed that regardless of Deckard’s origin, his spirit is far less human than the robots he hunts.

This is genuinely the best one of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MatthewBevan/status/1522348928976703488

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Paul_Karp/status/1522368786632183808?t=otm-MJls2D2p54Jlh6WpRA&s=19

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

ungulateman posted:

where should i go to get a decent n95 mask(s)? i've been using cloth masks this whole time because they're what i had access to and while i've been avoiding doing anything that puts me in a lot of risk i have been going indoors often enough that i want better ones

Anywhere that sells either N95s or P2 masks that isn’t eBay or Amazon is probably fine. Forgeries do exist but they’re more of an issue with certain brands of KN95s and the aforementioned websites

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

What the gently caress clown put that question forth

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
do not get masks with just earloops, you want the full two straps around the back of the head. this makes a huge difference to how well they seal and the level of protection you get as a result, even if the filtration is rated the same.

https://www.mitre10.com.au/respirator-disp-p2-trademate-20-pack

these are the cheapest worthwhile masks I have found by a fair way, but anything P2/N95 that has the head straps instead of ear loops should be fine as long as it fits your head ok. I recommend looking at hardware stores, chemists, workplace/healthcare PPE specialty sites, etc.

KN95s have significant issues with forgeries and should be avoided, it's hard to be sure you're getting something good

https://twitter.com/drvyom/status/1522372584205332481

this sort of stuff is why current covid policies appear totally unsustainable beyond just personal concerns about risks of long covid to my own health etc.

lih fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 6, 2022

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

What the gently caress clown put that question forth

"Get hosed, oval office." seems like the only appropriate response.

hooman fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 6, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

lih posted:

do not get masks with just earloops, you want the full two straps around the back of the head. this makes a huge difference to how well they seal and the level of protection you get as a result, even if the filtration is rated the same.

https://www.mitre10.com.au/respirator-disp-p2-trademate-20-pack

these are the cheapest worthwhile masks I have found by a fair way, but anything P2/N95 that has the head straps instead of ear loops should be fine as long as it fits your head ok. I recommend looking at hardware stores, chemists, workplace/healthcare PPE specialty sites, etc.

KN95s have significant issues with forgeries and should be avoided, it's hard to be sure you're getting something good

https://twitter.com/drvyom/status/1522372584205332481

this sort of stuff is why current covid policies appear totally unsustainable beyond just personal concerns about risks of long covid to my own health etc.

I got taken into emergency last Friday. Called 000 at midnight and they arrived at 8am. The emergency response system is hosed right now.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

quote:

Dear candidates,

When he addressed the National Press Club on February 16, Climate 200 founder Simon Holmes à Court placed integrity in politics — including reform of political fundraising — at the top of the national agenda. Rightly so. He rated it second only to climate change when viewed through the eyes of Climate 200.

He also joined forces with Professor Lawrence Lessig from Harvard Law School, an American academic and one-time Democratic presidential hopeful, by invoking the words of acclaimed American author and philosopher Henry Thoreau: “There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root…”

While Holmes à Court’s intentions may be good, when it comes to money in politics, the truth is Climate 200 is one of a thousand hacking at the branches of evil.

Complete reform of this broken system is required. Reforms such as real-time disclosure, as important as they are, do not go to the heart of the problem, or as Thoreau would say, the root of the evil. In fact, real-time disclosure and many other proposed reforms are window-dressing to give the appearance that meaningful reforms are being made.

The real problem is big money and the perceptions that surround it. The problem is not how much and when it is given, but the fact that it is given at all.

Why Holmes à Court cannot see this is baffling, initially at least.

The problem for Climate 200 is that it risks catching the big party virus of relying on big money. There’s simply no getting around the fact that Climate 200, funded by Holmes à Court, is fielding 20 of you in the federal election and showing all the signs of relying on and showcasing big money rather than working out how to get it out of Australian politics.

There is a multitude of measures that can make the system better, but the only way to fix it properly is to strike at the root of the problem: mandate low-value, high-volume fundraising.

‘Vexed, complex and serious’

Climate 200 candidates, I am writing to you about a problem as urgent as it is important: money in politics — a matter that is vexed, longstanding, complex and serious.

Political fundraising, and the way it is conducted in Australia, is eating away at the heart of our democracy and taking us closer to the American style of politics.

Holmes à Court frequently reminds us that Climate 200 is not a political party. I am contacting you as an individual, relying on the key point that candidates supported by Climate 200 are free to determine their own policy positions. (However, I note there is an expectation, according to Holmes à Court, that they will support Climate 200 “values”.)

There is a solution to the crisis. Dark money: How to reform Australia’s political donations system, a Grattan Institute podcast, embraces and details that solution. Its centrepiece is a 10-point reform plan designed to get big money out of politics in Australia. I commend it to you.

In my opinion it is inconceivable that the 10-point plan would be out of step with the values of Climate 200, but that’s not for me to decide. It should go to the heart of your integrity and political fundraising reform-related values.

I want our dialogue to be candid, so it has to be said that some Climate 200 fundraising practices are alarming and put the movement into the same fundraising boat as the major parties.

But this malaise is not limited to the major parties. Other parties and many unaligned candidates have also defended the prevailing culture of money in politics. The rhythm of this view is linked to when MPs get elected. If they are not brought into line by a party machine, they discover that raising a small number of large donations is easier than raising large numbers of small donations.

There is also gravitas associated with support from the top end of town.

The colour of the money

Political life in Australia is littered with money-driven deals, where the colour of the money is somewhere between white and black. Often it is dark.

What Climate 200 has showcased about its fundraising revolves around million-dollar-plus budgets in seats that have been targeted, raised among mainly well-heeled supporters. If that is not the case, it should sack those responsible for your fundraising publicity. Boasting about cutting a $500,000 matching deal with one of Australia’s wealthiest families to support candidates is not a good look.

You’ve got to be suspicious that this is the one area of policy and administration where there has been no dissent for 40 years among the warring free spirits and ideological enemies inhabiting the Australian political landscape. My hope is that you Climate 200 candidates will not blend into this landscape.

By any measure, Climate 200 has sought to benefit from flawed fundraising laws rather than to lead by example. When Holmes à Court said “one of the biggest challenges is fundraising” and that Climate 200 would not disadvantage itself relative to others, he comprehensively left the door open to a brand of “do as I say, not as I do” politics.

If you and other Climate 200 candidates follow what is being done in the electorates I’m following closely, you risk squandering your integrity legacy before you’re even sworn in — should you be elected.

Alarmingly, the unprecedented unity ticket that has supported the fundraising status quo for decades just happens to be about the distribution of whopping amounts of private and public money that benefit all the parties, and in most cases individual candidates.

Until Malcolm Turnbull donated $1.75 million to the Liberal Party in 2016, the largest single donation given in Australian political history was by Wotif founder Graeme Wood of $1.6 million to the Greens in 2010. The record tells us there are very few saints in this game, and the double-speaking angels should get the attention they deserve.

‘Goliaths that rig the game’

Today it’s taxpayer money through so-called public funding that provides the river of gold that pays senior party officials large salaries and has all but replaced the need for parties to have members at all.

At the National Press Club, Holmes à Court said: “Politics is a multibillion-dollar game, where the winners write the rules,” describing political parties as “goliaths that rig the game”. He’s correct.

The problem is that across the political spectrum, certainly since disclosure laws were introduced and commenced in the late 1970s, all political players have been winners on the fundraising gravy train. Everyone has had a go at writing the rules, generally with much mutual benefit. Political conflict has been basically confined to matters of detail, such as the quantum and timing of changed thresholds. This “hacking at the branches” has conveniently stolen attention from the failure to address the root of the problem.

Based on actions and appearances to date, Climate 200 is shaping up as the next in line to co-write the money-in-politics rules that give us the tainted system we have today.

Extraordinarily, the response to Holmes à Court’s address at the National Press Club was borderline hostile, reflected in the bevy of media questions. “Disingenuous” was one word used to describe part of what he had to offer. “Slippery” is closer to the mark. But that’s a term used for more seasoned players in the rough and tumble world of real politics. Welcome, Simon.

Frankly, Holmes à Court’s account of two things did not pass muster: meaningful commitment to fundraising reform, and whether or not Climate 200 is a party. Failure to understand the origins of the money-in-politics problem, as appears to be the case with Holmes à Court, means guaranteed failure to provide a credible solution. Or does he, like other politicos, understand the problem but like them is unwilling to take the hit to the bottom line necessitated by having to comply with higher standards and a more demanding fundraising model of chasing small donations?

Seeing Climate 200 fundraising on the ground challenges fundamentally that it understands the depth, longevity and complexity of the problem.

Poacher turned gamekeeper

When it comes to political fundraising, I am a poacher turned gamekeeper. I have been federal treasurer of the Liberal Party and treasurer of the Liberal Party in NSW, as well as founder and chair of the Millennium Forum, established within the party specifically to raise money from the corporate sector and wealthy individuals.

I also founded a national government relations firm, which operates to this day on a bipartisan basis.

I know the money in politics scene inside-out. And I know it casts a long, dark shadow over the integrity of the democratic system.

I ask that you accept on face value the fact that while I remain a committed member of the Liberal Party, I reserve the right to criticise its track record on money in politics, and to advocate for reform. I also reserve the right to criticise other parties or organisations that fall short when it comes to money in politics practices.

Crikey political editor Bernard Keane said recently: “Michael Yabsley’s proposals are excellent and would, I believe, go a very long way to addressing the toxic role of donations in politics by removing corporate donations and forcing political parties back to the community for funding. They’re the most democratic reform proposals I’ve ever seen on donations.”

Dark side of fundraising

The ABC’s two-episode Big Deal series last year lifted the lid on many important aspects of the dark side of political fundraising and election funding.

Across the political spectrum there are no more uncomfortable home truths than those associated with the grubby subject of money, whether that money comes from the private or public purse.

In my paper Dark Money, I also reveal how public funding, or what I prefer to call taxpayer funding, has been debauched. Subject to an independent inquiry, I have no doubt that public funding practices would be revealed as comprehensively flawed through decades of malpractice.

Public funding as it operates is part of the trust deficit problem in Australia, not part of the solution.

If you are elected on May 21, your voice in Parliament could be critical to this issue and its advancement. The major parties will never take this cause on without external pressure. It’s a gravy train that suits both sides of politics and most other political players as well. Frankly the train needs to be derailed by a combination of new voices like yours and old voices like mine.

The only way to kill this disease is by rendering so insignificant the amount of money that can be lawfully donated that it could never be considered an inducement that affects policy, commercial transactions, preference deals or any other goings-on that characterise the often byzantine, sometimes nefarious world of politics.

That is the centrepiece of the dark money reform proposal.

Frankly I do not know the fundraising and election campaign funding practices of Climate 200. I do know that fundraising practices vary from candidate to candidate and seat to seat, as they do within and between parties.

Clearly I have taken a close interest in what Holmes à Court has had to say about integrity in politics, including political fundraising. His role is confusing as he insists he doesn’t play a leadership or decision-making role in an organisation that in his words “has no hierarchy, no leader, no head office and no coordinated policy platforms”. He says the organisation relies on “spontaneous outcomes and an entirely individual set of responses”.

But what I have seen from Climate 200 generally and among candidates in seats like Warringah, Wentworth, North Sydney, Kooyong and Goldstein is enough to make me think here we go again.

I have seen enough first-hand to say that while some Climate 200 candidates are on board with the key reforms I have spelt out in Dark Money, others including Holmes à Court have already caught a strain of the big-party virus: a liking for big money and showcasing high-profile donors. This underlines a major trait in fundraising, where many givers and receivers like to be part of the “rubbing shoulders scene”.

The ‘rubbing shoulders scene’

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for rubbing shoulders — providing the price for the privilege is capped at $200. Dark Money is all about getting big money out of the equation.

A key part of the Dark Money campaign is to illustrate that the low-value, high-volume fundraising model will allow political parties and candidates to meet their financial requirements and will put political parties in touch with a large number of small donors rather than a small number of large donors.

This proposition is no long shot. If just 2% of the 17 million Australians eligible to vote donated an average of $200 to political parties of their choice, $68 million would be collected — about the same amount ripped off unwitting taxpayers in public funding at the past federal election.

Put another way, in a federal electorate with an enrolment of 105,000, if 2% of voters donated an average of $200, that would raise $420,000. Is anyone going to seriously argue that’s not enough? Or do we now say $2 million campaigns are the new normal?

Late last year Holmes à Court gave a very bad answer to a very good question from Peter FitzSimons, who asked: “Is the list of donors to Climate 200 publicly available?” His answer was: “We will abide by all the rules of the Australian Electoral Commission assiduously and list all those who contribute above the disclosure limit.”

This is the stock answer used for decades to justify what parties and candidates want to do, rather than what they should do.

An inescapable truth

Frankly, I see a greater opportunity for reform by convincing a cohort of new candidates, such as you, and the organisation supporting them, than the major political parties whose bread has been buttered the same way for decades.

But what some Climate 200 candidates are doing does not pass muster. For you, the inescapable truth is that the public profile of Climate 200 fundraising has little to distinguish itself from what the major parties and most of the other parties have done seamlessly since contemporary fundraising records were kept.

The danger is you will squander that opportunity because what you are doing does not align with what you say should happen. For your integrity message to have credibility, it’s not enough to just say: “We are doing what the Australian Electoral Commission requires.”

Reasonably you will ask if I am writing to the major parties in the way I am writing to you. No, I am not. That will happen after the election. I could not let the election come and go without pointing out the wrinkles and warts on what Climate 200 is doing.

The 10-point Dark Money reform plan is, I believe, beyond the grasp of most in the major parties, simply because big money is so entrenched in the way they operate.

That said, there is encouraging support for the Dark Money reform plan among many former members of Parliament from across the political spectrum and across jurisdictions around Australia. They are joined by many Australians of note who loathe the omnipresence of money in politics. They are prepared to stand up and be counted.

The real test is not what serving or former MPs or leading Australians think. The real test is what the electorate thinks about money in politics — money in politics accounts for a significant part of the trust deficit in Australia today.

The 10-point plan was launched in Sydney in November 2021. I urge you to consider it and would be happy to discuss it further with you. And I would welcome all aspects of it being put to a citizens’ jury.

This is moral relativism with a price tag. The price tag is public trust and the integrity of our democratic system. That’s a big price to pay. It’s too much and it’s time we stopped. Because as while the political fundraising process allows things to be done for money and because of money, it will remain tainted and compromised.

History tells us that basically enduring change happens in one of two ways. Governments either lead or follow. Governments follow when enough people in the community stand up and be counted about something that demands change. Matters as diverse as the environment, to institutionalised child sexual abuse, to smoking, to women’s rights — each are examples of change that has happened under pressure.

The process of change is helped if the calls for reform are evidence based. There is no shortage of evidence about the role of money in politics in Australia, although much of it is muted because political interests across the political spectrum have collaborated to keep things as they are.

Low-value, high-volume fundraising cannot only generate sufficient income for political organisations. At the same time it can democratise and empower large numbers of people to participate in their organisation of choice.

Money in politics is not the only thing that explains the trust deficit that relates to public life in Australia, but fixing this one defined matter would be a good start.

I would welcome the opportunity to meet and talk to you during the campaign, or any time after it, whether you are elected or not.

Kind regards,

Michael Yabsley

quote:

Michael Yabsley was a minister in the Greiner government and a federal treasurer of the Liberal Party and treasurer of the Liberal Party in NSW. He was founder and chair of the Millennium Forum, established to raise money from the corporate sector and wealthy individuals.

I like the bit where the only mention the greens get is to say that one person donated a lot of money to them one time so they are clearly as bad as the others.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lmao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Liberal money man:let's get money out of politics errrrrrr you first

lih
May 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/erinrileyau/status/1522462404944154624

lmao they're even going after no name independents in very safe seats that they can't seriously believe are at risk (this is angus taylor's seat) with illegal signage calling them greens

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

CFA provide the 3M Aura for firefighting and I can tell you they sure as poo poo don't stop smoke so take from that what you will about vrliral transmission.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
viruses are smaller than smoke particles, but the water droplets that spread the viruses are significantly larger than smoke particles. it's the whole reason lovely cloth masks have done a halfway decent job for a lot of people even if they're far from ideal

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

lih posted:

https://twitter.com/erinrileyau/status/1522462404944154624

lmao they're even going after no name independents in very safe seats that they can't seriously believe are at risk (this is angus taylor's seat) with illegal signage calling them greens

My money is on it being Advance Aus - they seem cashed up and crazy enough to go for something like this.

Would adding a fake “authorised by” get you into more trouble? If I was going to do something like this I’d want to put a fake auth. on it, make it look as real as possible. Maybe just copy the greens or the independents existing lines.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I saw the story about the ones in Sydney electorates . And they were "We don't know who could be behind it". I I mean, who could possibly benefit from smearing independents in Liberal held seats they might lose. :iiam:

Which party got in trouble for fake signage last election, pretending to be the AEC? :iiam:

Also, is it possible to get the corflute images from parties easily. This is an aside. I wanted to make a mock up of Scummo's which says:
"Vote 1
Scott Morrison
For
The Bin"

Amoeba102 fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 6, 2022

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Got the Labor HTV card in the mail today, much the same as the Greens.

1. ALP
2. Greens
3. Animal Justice
4. Australian Progressives
5. LNP
6. Liberal Democrats
7. UAP
8. Australian Federation
9. One Nation

How much of a psycho must the Federation party guy be if he's under the UAP guy?

lih
May 15, 2013

Federation Party are outright covid denialists, well beyond just being opposed to vaccine mandates and restrictions. They've taken in prospective UAP candidates who were too crazy even for the UAP, there was at least one who tried to run for UAP and was pre-selected until he started posting pro-Russia conspiracy poo poo which Palmer realised was a liability and dropped him, so he signed up to the Federation Party instead.

DRINK ME posted:

My money is on it being Advance Aus - they seem cashed up and crazy enough to go for something like this.

Would adding a fake “authorised by” get you into more trouble? If I was going to do something like this I’d want to put a fake auth. on it, make it look as real as possible. Maybe just copy the greens or the independents existing lines.

I think it's more likely to be Young Libs, they're stupid, reckless, well-resourced and organised enough. The lack of authorisation is enough for guaranteed large fines for an egregious and well-organised case like this, but there's a solid argument to be made about them breaching the misleading/deceptive communication in relation to casting a vote provision of the electoral act (AEC has confirmed they're looking at that too) and that can lead to prison time.

Advance Australia have done similar stuff with Pocock posters in recent weeks (posters of him opening his shirt to reveal a Greens logo) but they had the sense to authorise it and make it just ambiguous enough so they're not outright saying he's a Greens candidate. Don't see any reason they'd be the ones to suddenly stop playing by the book, they'd know that lack of authorisation means the AEC would go after them hard.

lih fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 6, 2022

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

lih posted:

I think it's more likely to be Young Libs, they're stupid, reckless, well-resourced and organised enough.

This would seem to strike the right balance between it being widepsread, but also not something enough people higher up in the actual party would be loving stupid enough to authorise.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lih posted:

They've taken in prospective UAP candidates who were too crazy even for the UAP, there was at least one who tried to run for UAP and was pre-selected until he started posting pro-Russia conspiracy poo poo which Palmer realised was a liability and dropped him, so he signed up to the Federation Party instead.

Yikesaroo

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

lih posted:

Federation Party are outright covid denialists, well beyond just being opposed to vaccine mandates and restrictions. They've taken in prospective UAP candidates who were too crazy even for the UAP, there was at least one who tried to run for UAP and was pre-selected until he started posting pro-Russia conspiracy poo poo which Palmer realised was a liability and dropped him, so he signed up to the Federation Party instead.

Someone I have campaigned for previously has joined the Federation Party this year due to vaccines (even before the covid vax mandates, they read a thing about Monsanto making vaccines and proceeded to give themselves brain spiders)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The labor senate htv in nsw has lib dems 5, gently caress that I’ll go to soc alliance and the weed party

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Tomberforce posted:

CFA provide the 3M Aura for firefighting and I can tell you they sure as poo poo don't stop smoke so take from that what you will about vrliral transmission.

you probably shouldn’t use less than a P100 for smoke, hell even for poo poo like spray painting but viral particles are normally in larger moisture droplets when they’re airborne (Covid, measles and chickenpox are technically capable of being viable and airborne on their own without droplets but it doesn’t matter/happen that much)

P2 and N95 masks really are way more effective at reducing Covid transmission than cloth and surgical masks. They won’t drop transmission to 0% like a cumbersome rear end P100 will but they’re usually the compromise most people who are still avoiding Covid settle for

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Testekill posted:

Got the Labor HTV card in the mail today, much the same as the Greens.

1. ALP
2. Greens
3. Animal Justice
4. Australian Progressives
5. LNP
6. Liberal Democrats
7. UAP
8. Australian Federation
9. One Nation

How much of a psycho must the Federation party guy be if he's under the UAP guy?

In addition to what has already been mentioned the federation people are spouting a whole lot of sov cit garbage.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Signage up on a closed store bragging about a strong economy, that would be too on the nose in a satire.

Are any of these the ghost One Nation candidates?

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 6, 2022

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Testekill posted:

Signage up on a closed store bragging about a strong economy, that would be too on the nose in a satire.

:stare:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“I look at John Howard as the angel of death,” the Liberal says, of the significance of his presence. “You don’t send John Howard somewhere you don’t need him.”

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Testekill posted:

lol

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

“I look at John Howard as the angel of death,” the Liberal says, of the significance of his presence. “You don’t send John Howard somewhere you don’t need him.”

Josh Frydenberg looking across a crowded function room and seeing John Howard slowly walking towards him like the monster in It Follows

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

freebooter posted:

Josh Frydenberg looking across a crowded function room and seeing John Howard slowly walking towards him like the monster in It Follows

Frydenberg had sex with Howard?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lol
https://twitter.com/ccroucher9/status/1522703903900401664

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DuckHonkin/status/1522739245081055233

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Testekill posted:

What is going on here

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

What is going on here

Something that would probably result in mass calls for the party to be deregistered if it were The Greens, rather than everyone's favourite Media Darling LNP vote funnel party

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

Something that would probably result in mass calls for the party to be deregistered if it were The Greens, rather than everyone's favourite Media Darling LNP vote funnel party

I've seen plenty of that from drips on Twitter, patiently responded to by the AEC Twitter account explaining that the only legal requirement for a candidate to run in a seat is for them to be a real citizen registered on the electoral roll

lih
May 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/StephieBorys/status/1522842179500384258

ABC article reporting on those comments: "Her comments come despite the Prime Minister spending the past four weeks outlining what a Coalition government would do if re-elected."

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/AustralianLabor/status/1522503937995120641

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=troOfZTG9MQ

quote:

Video sourced from budget estimates May 4th 2022.

Labor MLC Adam Searle questions Police Commissioner David Hudson about a few matters.

Follow Adam Searle: https://www.facebook.com/AdamSearleMLC

It appears that Detective Sergeant Matthew McQueen from the Fixated Persons Unit is now under criminal investigation by newly established Strike Force Lissiana over allegations concerning perjury and witness interference, first brought to light by our investigation "fixated".

Watch it here:
https://youtu.be/f83qfSV16i4

The other startling revelation is that the Police have had a strike force, called Strike Force Wyargine monitoring friendlyjordies. Further information regarding the Strike Force is still being kept from Parliament.

Updates will be coming soon.

Destroying your career for corrupt politicians and trying to take down a youtube comedian.

How many people did this guy destroy before he tried to take down someone with a youtube channel and not afraid to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

freebooter posted:

I've seen plenty of that from drips on Twitter, patiently responded to by the AEC Twitter account explaining that the only legal requirement for a candidate to run in a seat is for them to be a real citizen registered on the electoral roll

the interesting part with the ghost candidates is the ones who claim not to have consented to the nomination imo.

i don't know if it's specifically illegal to nominate a person as a candidate without their knowledge or consent but it feels like it should be.

that assumes the candidates in question are telling the truth though.

:shrug: