Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Who took that video through a window anyway?

Probably Mandelson, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Praying to Satan to not let my dumb sack of poo poo brother in law get elected.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/AvaSantina/status/1522556620139552771

lmao

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Best outcome is he gets fined and resigns to force Boris to do the same. Who just doesn't.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Hope the weteggsack gets pickled, put on a stick, eaten, and farted out by the collective hubris of the PLP.

Going to be hard to spin this as LABOUR VICTORY when more Con councils are falling to NOC than anything else.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

this is where me saying i did not give a gently caress about boris johnson breaching lockdown is good because i can be consistent when i say i do not give a gently caress about keir starmer breaking lockdown

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol getting fined and fired for having one beer and talking to Angela Rayner. What a poo poo party.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

roomtone posted:

this is where me saying i did not give a gently caress about boris johnson breaching lockdown is good because i can be consistent when i say i do not give a gently caress about keir starmer breaking lockdown

being consistently wrong is worse than being right some of the time by accident

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
if the plp turn on starmer over this I'm not just gonna have a lol, I'm gonna have a curry too

poppadom the size of lake michigan

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Beers for Keirs

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I also don't hugely care about beergate but I've seen a few people saying that some pubs/restaurants were still open during that time, so they reckon his group should have left their workplace, headed out onto the town and crowded into another establishment... and that's more sensible than just getting a curry delivered during lockdown? Christ on a pike.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Possible coup in the works

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Badenoch & Strathspey: Independent stage 1, SNP stage 4, Independent stage 6 & Tory stage 8
Which is a change of +1 Independent, -1 Green. Sucks.
Cromarty Firth: SNP stage 1, Liberal stage 1, Independent stage 3, Independent stage 9
Change of +1 Lib Dem -1 SNP (although one of the 2 independents was an SNP councillor until 2020, apparently the SNP group was riven with infighting which is quite funny)
Black Isle: SNP stage 2, Independent stage 6, Lib Dem stage 8
No change from 2017
Dingwall & Seaforth: SNP stage 1, Lib Dem stage 3, Independent stage 5 Independent stage 7
No change from 2017
Wick & East Caithness: SNP stage 1, Lib Dem stage 1, Conservative stage 5, Independent stage 5
Independent -1, Lib Dem +1
Tain & Easter Ross: SNP stage 1, Lib Dem stage 3, Independent stage 3
No change

So that's 14 wards out of 21 returned

Independents - 13
SNP - 14
Conservative - 6
Lib Dem - 12
Labour - 1
Green - 2
Alba - gently caress all, the big losers

So from the 2017 results that's
Independents -4
SNP 0
Conservative -1
Lib Dem +3
Labour +1
Green +1

I hope everyone is enjoying these updates. Or even better, is not enjoying them. Remember that Highland Council is so large that you can fit the next 4 largest councils in Scotland inside it with with 500km² to spare

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 6, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Marmaduke! posted:

I also don't hugely care about beergate but I've seen a few people saying that some pubs/restaurants were still open during that time, so they reckon his group should have left their workplace, headed out onto the town and crowded into another establishment... and that's more sensible than just getting a curry delivered during lockdown? Christ on a pike.

"That's suicide!"
"Maybe. But it's legal."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Remember that Highland Council is so large that you can fit the next 4 largest councils in Scotland inside it with with 500km² to spare
Why does it not simply eat the other four?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
drat, the tory won in my borough, by a whisker. It was like 43% to 41% or something. Tbf he is fairly active and prominent in the community and basically seems to help out with stuff, so I can understand why people might have some loyalty to him.

Labour got 11% though, which is amusing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Why does it not simply eat the other four?

They all have a population density above 10 people per km², which is very intimidating & off-putting to the Highlands. Aberdeenshire has over 40/km²!!!

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 6, 2022

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Alba have taken a kicking this morning, and it is very, very, funny.

https://twitter.com/HRwritesnews/status/1522563195818455041?t=HjRdl6tc6Va1eWfGDgSEeQ

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Something fitting about the Alba guy quoting a poem about Bluidy Clavers, noted Tory.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Saw this when browsing Stack Overflow:

"Force orphan to bleed into margin"? Is that some new Tory policy?

Or something from Starmer? Could be either tbh

:britain:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1522573347170701314?t=9fZX2rb4DWRmvKS2dvBFZQ&s=19

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Whatever it was it's already gone. Screenshots, please

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1522576349629661185

loving lol. Even if he doesn't get fined his credibility is going to be hosed after this.

To be fair we all knew he wouldn't survive the weakest kind of attack from the press, and falling at "we saw you having a beer too, you hypocrite" would be extremely on-brand.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Eilean a' Cheò: Independent stage 1, SNP stage 1, Independent stage 5, Tory stage 9
-1 Independent, +1 Tory, gently caress the place my mam was born.
Aird & Loch Ness: SNP stage 1, Tory stage 1, Independent stage 1, Green stage 7
-1 Independent, +1 Green
Wester Ross, Strathpeffer & Lochalsh (Think that's the largest skill ward in the UK, more than 4,800²: SNP stage 1, Independent stage 1, SNP stage 2, Tory stage 5
-1 Lib Dem, +1 Independent (although really it's no change because the Independent was elected as a Liberal in 2017)
North, West & Central Sutherland (Another whopper of a ward, it's biggest village has 800 people in it. More than 4 times the area of the largest ward in England lol): Lib Dem stage 1, SNP stage 1, Independent stage 6
No change

17 wards out of 21 returned

Independents - 18
SNP - 19
Conservative - 9
Lib Dem - 13
Labour - 1
Green - 3

Independents -5
SNP 0
Conservative 0
Lib Dem +2
Labour +1
Green +2

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 6, 2022

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how loving dumb do you have to be to go in hard on Boris for breaking lockdown when you know you’ve done the exact same thing

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol, no it isn't.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Glasgow has elected it's first trans councillor, Elaine Gallagher of the Greens.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1522581234404274187

sickos.jpg

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

forkboy84 posted:

Glasgow has elected it's first trans councillor, Elaine Gallagher of the Greens.

Congrats but also pretty ironic that she's elected at the expense of Mhairi Hunter who is a massive trans ally.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Findhorn rating: pretty good

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol, no it isn't.

As a long term Starmer fan, I'm ashamed to say it's true. Starmer needs to just go.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Are the tories still getting pumped lmao

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

As a long term Starmer fan, I'm ashamed

Stop you right there. Although I'm assuming the whole post was satirical.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Julio Cruz posted:

how loving dumb do you have to be to go in hard on Boris for breaking lockdown when you know you’ve done the exact same thing
This is what happens when you work in a job where the person you're accusing can't legally say 'no u' about what you're accusing them of doing for so long that you get prosecutor brain.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

Yes but surely I will not be caught.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

East Sutherland & Edderton: Lib Dem stage 1, SNP stage 1, Independent stage 4
Labour -1, SNP +1
Fort William & Ardnamurchan: SNP stage 1, Lib Dem stage 1, Independent stage 4, Green stage 4
SNP -1, Tory - 1, Lib Dem +1, Green +1

19 wards out of 21 returned

Independents - 20
SNP - 21
Conservative - 9
Lib Dem - 15
Labour - 1
Green - 4

Independents -5
SNP -1
Conservative -1
Lib Dem +3
Labour 0
Green +3

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 6, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also I have been driving past a flagpole in someone's garden for a while and it is very confusing me now.

Normally it flies a union jack, fair enough, could be worse could be an england flag, weird but the default option for flagpole havers I guess.

Then it switched to ukraine flag, ok cool nice sentiment, there's a few about and if you have a flagpole might as well.

But as of I think yesterday, it started flying an irish flag with a clover in the middle.

So I am now extremely confused about someone who is britnat enough to have a flagpole but also apparently has just been conquered by Ireland??

Also the flagpole at the tory club in saltburn has been at half mast since thatchermas and I don't know if they've just forgot to put it back up or whether it's broke or whether they are just very sad.

The house covered in england flags next to the level crossing in redcar is still there and still mental. It has grown another england flag since 2021.

This has been your north east flags update.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 6, 2022

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

OwlFancier posted:

Also I have been driving past a flagpole in someone's garden for a while and it is very confusing me now.

Normally it flies a union jack, fair enough, could be worse could be an england flag, weird but the default option for flagpole havers I guess.

Then it switched to ukraine flag, ok cool nice sentiment, there's a few about and if you have a flagpole might as well.

But as of I think yesterday, it started flying an irish flag with a clover in the middle.

So I am now extremely confused about someone who is britnat enough to have a flagpole but also apparently has just been conquered by Ireland??

Also the flagpole at the tory club in saltburn has been at half mast since thatchermas and I don't know if they've just forgot to put it back up or whether it's broke or whether they are just very sad.

On my estate there's a house with three flagpoles: one with the Union Jack, one with the Irish flag, and one with a Jolly Roger. I have never really known what to make of it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mrpwase posted:

On my estate there's a house with three flagpoles: one with the Union Jack, one with the Irish flag, and one with a Jolly Roger. I have never really known what to make of it.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jedit posted:

Stop you right there. Although I'm assuming the whole post was satirical.

If corse, there's no such thing as a Starmer fan