Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
cinco de mayo options
This poll is closed.
taco bowl [WE LOVE HISPANICS!] 115 36.39%
huge gross burrito 78 24.68%
normal food for a human 41 12.97%
buddykins [straight tequila directly from plastic bottle] 82 25.95%
Total: 252 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

kaleedity posted:

can't wait for the bipartisan bill to fund federal police forces to chase miscarriagers across state lines

it’s gonna rule when we get the first story about how there was a series of 30-40 “accidental discharges” of weapons into the body of a formerly alive and pregnant woman because she had the audacity to cross a state line under her own power.

it will later come out she was going to visit a relative for completely innocuous reasons and the officers involved in the “incident” will never see more than a paid vacation for discipline.

gonna rule the first time, but the second, third, and all the other times are gonna rule even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
https://i.imgur.com/fs91Sw6.mp4

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

lmao maybe I should watch Star Trek sometime
I only ever watched the original series and an couple of episodes of next generation here and there

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
amber alerts but it’s for pregnant women fleeing red states

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

VideoKid posted:

I honestly just hope I get vaporized at that point

same. like even surviving in an untouched area would instantly become a living nightmare.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/1522598777445564416

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

VideoKid posted:

I honestly just hope I get vaporized at that point

I think it could be pretty cool to live in the congo if there weren't outside forces conspiring to make it a living hell. You could make friends with gorillas and train a gorilla guerilla group to conquer the world!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Star Trek sucks rear end in 2022, but I'm looking forward to season 3 of The Orville next month!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Picard makes absolutely no sense in the context of the original show/universe, it might as well be an alternate universe and I think the fanfic description fits well but if it was a fanfic written by a star wars fan who read the star trek wiki

STAR TREK CHAT: if you haven't seen TNG or DS9 you really should, just because of the influence the shows have had on sci-fi culture (and because they're good shows)

You can skip the first season of next gen though, they didn't know what they were doing with the show and its all hosed up and dumb with reaaaaal bad episodes.

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 16:36 on May 6, 2022

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

VideoKid posted:

lmao maybe I should watch Star Trek sometime
I only ever watched the original series and an couple of episodes of next generation here and there

I started DS9 a couple weeks ago and i would def recommend it it has a way stronger start than next gen and the story is more focused

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

how would you even process something like 90% of the planet being wiped out

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
living in the congo would suck rear end, no air conditioning, no mcd's, no high speed internet (no video games)

thumbs down

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Big deal, boil your water, live in a hut, who fuckin cares? If the alternative is death i will live in a hut for a few years before i get some kinda jungle rot and my rear end falls off or whatever

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I think the most important thing to know about Discovery and Picard is that the writers don’t care about Star Trek. in fact they actively hate it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

CODChimera posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf46KNoDvas

Apr 7, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

Picard makes absolutely no sense in the context of the original show/universe, it might as well be an alternate universe and I think the fanfic description fits well but if it was a fanfic written by a star wars fan who read the star trek wiki

STAR TREK CHAT: if you haven't seen TNG or DS9 you really should, just because of the influence the shows have had on sci-fi culture (and because they're good shows)

Dick Suckin' 9

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Hatebag posted:

Big deal, boil your water, live in a hut, who fuckin cares? If the alternative is death i will live in a hut for a few years before i get some kinda jungle rot and my rear end falls off or whatever

getting my butt hole stung repeatedly by bullet ants instead of playng elden ring? i'd rather die

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I think the most important thing to know about Discovery and Picard is that the writers don’t care about Star Trek. in fact they actively hate it

that would definitely explain Picard

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1522600338037125121

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ben Nerevarine posted:

My Dad continues to watch both shows, and lies about them being good, because he loves everything with "Star Trek" in the name

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
hes responding to this

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1522446324549009410

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Hatebag posted:

I think it could be pretty cool to live in the congo if there weren't outside forces conspiring to make it a living hell. You could make friends with gorillas and train a gorilla guerilla group to conquer the world!

odds are the Gorillas will just kick you out because they don’t want to share their food with a weak hairless weirdo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jesus look at these two specimens, they look like handbags

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

You can skip the first season of next gen though, they didn't know what they were doing with the show and its all hosed up and dumb with reaaaaal bad episodes.

i watched ds9 because this thread used to talk about star trek a lot. and yeah it's legit a good show. both it and TNG have quite a bit of filler though

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lyin Liz go away

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
trusk

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

gently caress you

Apr 7, 2003

CODChimera posted:

i watched ds9 because this thread used to talk about star trek a lot. and yeah it's legit a good show. both it and TNG have quite a bit of filler though

Which one had the episode where O'brien's wife turns into a child and he bangs her? Because that's the episode that most embodies the Star Trek ethos

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:trumppop:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Which one had the episode where O'brien's wife turns into a child and he bangs her? Because that's the episode that most embodies the Star Trek ethos

not sure, think i skipped that one

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I could make a good stat trek

the year is 2016 and dobald trump is president. he invents space force

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'll have a degree from brown to give them once I finish my coffee

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

kaleedity posted:

can't wait for the bipartisan bill to fund federal police forces to chase miscarriagers across state lines

Nah they won't do that. They'll stick with the Texas plan/Florida voting rights plan and just give the authority to citizen militias to capture pregnant women escaping

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

CODChimera posted:

Slight dip in the stock market

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

VideoKid posted:

odds are the Gorillas will just kick you out because they don’t want to share their food with a weak hairless weirdo

I will help them find bugs to eat, i can pull my own weight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

If the democrats had their way, both of these beautiful men would have been aborted.