Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
still at 344 seats lost... still time for 350!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Tarnop posted:

Not sure why you think it would be bad, bleeding votes to the left must surely make Starmer's team reflect and-

https://twitter.com/KevinASchofield/status/1522506778818326528

oh

This was going to be Starmer's response to literally any result.

It's the only tool he has in his toolkit. When you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

E: Cat tax.

https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1522641101240295426?s=20&t=kwpaR7acEMoFR0nI19h0dg

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 6, 2022

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

WhatEvil posted:

This was going to be Starmer's response to literally any result.

It's the only tool he has in his toolkit. When you only have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Oh absolutely, it's just funny to see it in black and white rather than with the usual spin of "families and traditional values". Just all in on appealing to sentient beetroots who will vote tory anyway

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Tarnop posted:

Not sure why you think it would be bad, bleeding votes to the left must surely make Starmer's team reflect and-

https://twitter.com/KevinASchofield/status/1522506778818326528

oh

Borrovan posted:

Looks like the spin on the losses oop Nort' is that it's down to Tory voters going Lib Dem, not Labour's fault, nothing they could have done really

I mean it's not like Kieth has been DELIBERATELY TRYING TO COURT TORY SWING VOTERS TO THE EXCLUSION OF EVERYBODY ELSE, is it. Clearly the only winning strategy is to do the same thing, but harder (ps don't look at how the Greens are doing plz)
i am magic man

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wait is that quote not parody?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Epic High Five posted:

Apparently not, though it's not clear if the Labour source is saying that's a good thing or not

They definitely think it's a good thing, though, otherwise they'd be purged by now

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Epic High Five posted:

lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Apparently our county council is now Labour though I can't see anything official online. Someone said they heard it on the news. The latest 'map' not updated since 430pm says NOC.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No Overall Control describes a lot of things that claim to be controlled, tbh.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Failed Imagineer posted:

NI Status: coming, thick and fast

Sounds like they have been reading those Reddit topics about taking supplements like Zinc, Foleic Acid and Testosterone

Borrovan posted:

Looks like the spin on the losses oop Nort' is that it's down to Tory voters going Lib Dem, not Labour's fault, nothing they could have done really

I mean it's not like Kieth has been DELIBERATELY TRYING TO COURT TORY SWING VOTERS TO THE EXCLUSION OF EVERYBODY ELSE, is it. Clearly the only winning strategy is to do the same thing, but harder (ps don't look at how the Greens are doing plz)

You know years ago I binged watched 24 on DVD. There is a line in it that I always loved (and no it's not "tell me what I want to know before I use a wet towel to torture you.")

Basically the henchmen for the main bad guys have kidnapped Kieffer Sutherlands family to make him do stuff for them. Only the family escape.
And the henchman reports back to his boss saying he hosed up, but it's okay. He'll just recapture them and make Kieffer do what they need him to do.

At that point the badguy says something I have always taken to heart.

"When Plan A fails, you switch to Plan B. You don't switch to Plan A, again."

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 6, 2022

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/rhyslew70/status/1522490270939500544

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

i second this

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ash Crimson posted:

still at 344 seats lost... still time for 350!!

Con down 386 now lmao

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/BBCNEandCumbria/status/1522565044273393664?cxt=HHwWgMC9tei1nqEqAAAA

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I mean technically they voted for him after that so it's baked in already.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
So correct me if I'm wrong:

Starmer (and as any fule kno I am NOT a fan) had ONE beer and curry filmed through a window at a time when the regulations permitted it with a number of other labour party colleagues following a genuine work meeting. And this is the only 'evidence' against him?

Why can't he just say that, show the relevant rules/by-laws whatever pertaining to England / the relevant local authority on the date concerned and be done with it?

Or, is he lying?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't think you were allowed a curry and a beer at someone's home with people outside bubbles and all that so I guess it comes down to whether it's considered a work scenario still?

Cos like really, if they've finished work, they all need to go to wherever they're staying? I mean, in terms of actual covid is daft because the covid doesn't know if you're working or not.

Or yeah he's lying and there was karaoke and a stripper or whatever.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 6, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would suspect either he's lying, or he's desperately trying to not make the rules look like a farce because he wants to keep whingeing at the tories about it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The context is different. They were away from home on a work trip and needed feeding when restaurants and hotels weren't serving food. Versus Tory twats dragging suitcases of booze through security.

I'm pretty sure, as long as something salacious doesn't come out, that it gets forgotten about, no fine.

But it would be lol if it costs him the job as it would also have to do for Raynor, then what?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

We've got some spare DUP gobshites over here, you can have them as well. :greatgift:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

So correct me if I'm wrong:

Starmer (and as any fule kno I am NOT a fan) had ONE beer and curry filmed through a window at a time when the regulations permitted it with a number of other labour party colleagues following a genuine work meeting. And this is the only 'evidence' against him?

Why can't he just say that, show the relevant rules/by-laws whatever pertaining to England / the relevant local authority on the date concerned and be done with it?

Or, is he lying?

If you're explaining, you're losing

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
lmao nearly 400 seats lost now

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-6133604

I’m surprised that Bristol voting to abolish its mayor isn’t a bigger story nationally. And with a 29% turnout too, yikes.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It does seem odd that the mayor can get the heave go cos 15% of a city say so.

Was he the one that did all the 20mph speed limits? Cos brave but foolhardy

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Lib Dems are a huge winner from this. My constituency, Richmond on Thames, has the Lib Dems having a stranglehold on the seats while the largest opposition is the Green Party with 5 seats. The only other seat there is is a conservative seat. They lost 10 seats here and it’s like one of the yuppiest places in London.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Answers Me posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-6133604

I’m surprised that Bristol voting to abolish its mayor isn’t a bigger story nationally. And with a 29% turnout too, yikes.

From what I understand, that's a larger turnout that the election to have a mayor in the first place.

Edit: Yup. Just a 24% turnout for the election to have a mayor.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bristol needs to word the questions as should we throw in/fish out X from the harbour if they actually want public engagement

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Voted lib dem in the end. Tories still running the show lib dem a close second, labour knocked to fifth place behind the greens and independents.

I'm surprised how happy I am with that.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I just saw that Lutfur Rahman won the Tower Hamlets mayoral election.

Something else to blame thank the Met for, since if they hadn't hosed up their investigation into him, he'd have spent time in prison and therefore been unable to hold public office again.

:ughh:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Greens didn’t end up taking my ward (Heaton, Bradford) this time but the difference in results from 2018 to now is insane:

Labour 2969 (75%)
Green 485 (12%)

Labour 2088 (46%)
Green 1914 (42%)

This is a majority Muslim ward, if anyone is wondering about how Keith’s new racist policies are being received in this community.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kingturnip posted:

I just saw that Lutfur Rahman won the Tower Hamlets mayoral election.

Something else to blame thank the Met for, since if they hadn't hosed up their investigation into him, he'd have spent time in prison and therefore been unable to hold public office again.

:ughh:
You might not like the man but you have to respect the democratic will of the area when someone gets 103% of the vote.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

So Keith refused to say whether the police had been in touch four times in an interview the other day.

Then Labour clarify that they hadn't.

Then the election happened, and it turns out the police were investigating him but didn't say because of the election.

Anyone else think he knew about the investigation, but after that interview the party decided they couldn't stonewall for three more days so decided to just lie since the electorate wouldn't find out anyway?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

he was asked if the police had been back in touch about the allegations. They hadn't. They'd been back in touch about how they weren't going to investigate the allegations until after the elections. Totally different.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It certainly seems like the most probable outcome, but surely I cannot believe that a former director of public prosecutions would mislead the public as to his involvement in a criminal investigation.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Epic High Five posted:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In the most fair interpretation stating one way or the other would imply they were or were not investigating him.

On the other hand I don't care this is all extremely stupid we are a stupid country and we will stupid ourselves into the sea

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1522624213512769536?s=19

Strikes are wrong at a time when Negotiations are ongoing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1522624213512769536?s=19

Strikes are wrong at a time when Negotiations are ongoing.

Its absolutely that play.

But the tweet is daft. I can explain the difference and I'm sure bastani is smarter than me so he can too.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New sapience scale just dropped:
Hawking, Bastani, NJAN99, dugs, hamsters, plants, rock wool, Starmer, Johnson, 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Leader of the Opposition violated the law and should be imprisoned.