Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MirrorRoyal/status/1522652392457707520?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He is so, so immensely poo poo

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1522624213512769536?t=jbja6NvU06gITs8JQBLb3Q&s=19

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

lock him up!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Was he this poo poo as lawyer, jesus christ

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

well at least he's not Jeremy "Hitler" Corbyn

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it's also a very terrible set of results by like, any concivable metric? the gently caress universe is pinky here from

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Valko posted:

No, that was hyperbole. What you have to understand is that the nationalist/unionist divide is a near 50/50 split. The good friday agreement was all about sharing power - so one side couldn't really oppress the other - which had been going on since the creation of the state.

But some tigers never change their stripes.

70% of people here voted in favour of the GFA. The DUP were against it and still claimed victory when the results came in. Almost everyone on the nationalist side voted in favour apart from IRA splinter group lunatics. The DUP took this to mean that only 40% of the unionist community voted in favour of it so it was unacceptable.

They just can't seem to accept the fact that there are two cultures here that need to try and work together. I don't think they ever will.

On a side note - money could have a lot to do with it. Everyone heard about that £billion bribe that Theresa May gave the DUP. There was also the Renewable Heating Initiative were people were given grants to use renewable energy. The grants were so generous that people were basically buying wood pellets to heat empty chicken coups. That was a 2 £Billion waste of money. Recently I heard something about grants for wind turbines - these are all in hilly areas - the worst farmland available here and traditionally owned by Catholics. The DUP was all "oh, nonononono."

Ian Paisley Jr. came under flak a few years ago because it turned out he was getting holidays payed by the Sri Lankan government for trade deals.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ian-paisley-suspended-from-house-of-commons-and-dup-1.3575260
He has a net worth of £10 million.

I'm pretty sure the reason the DUP are behaving the way they are now has as much to do with keeping the gravy train rolling as anything else.

Its why Jeffrey was more worried about double jobbing a short while back. Once you hit a certain age in the DUP, you get into the Lords and its treble brandys every meal time from then on.

Sure one of the rumors why the RHI project only got found out was because they were denying catholic farmers from it while their protestant neighbours got the money no problem.
Even when doing dodgy as gently caress illegal schemes on the down low, the DUP just can't allow themselves to let a few catholics benefit from it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol they want rid because they know he's poo poo

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1522680588418924548?t=2ziQ3Qmlwlg6MO7MMD5HGg&s=19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Kieth resigns, he's replaced by Balls, who chooses uhhhh Harriet Harman as LOTO until he's parachuted into a safe seat in the next election, and Labour still loses massively because by December the Tories will control the entire election apparatus on this lovely island, but at least they're not run by Corbyn!!!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao no i want him to face a general election damnit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Are they trying to kill her lol

https://twitter.com/rjmyers/status/1522305676252430339?t=xkgdV2qzHTSPRirZXI3xlw&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol so in the end labour last as much as they gained in London

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

saw the big news about starmer on twitter is it really true?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Whatever hes done its 100% true and Starmer must resign.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Rough week for British intelligence. Two big projects - Starmer and keeping Sinn Fein out of power - going up in flames.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Aren't these the same photos we all saw around Christmas time anyway

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

gonadic io posted:

Aren't these the same photos we all saw around Christmas time anyway

yeah but he’s such a non threatening loser that no one bothered to really push him out until after these semi disastrous results

now it’s a clean run to an election for wez to appear electable

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Yeah but just like the No 10 parties they only matter now because the press have decided they matter.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

ill feel cheated if starmer isn't given a clear runway to an historic loss at a general

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Plus I guess with the talk of a snap they've got to get moving in case it's true

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

yeah but he’s such a non threatening loser that no one bothered to really push him out until after these semi disastrous results

now it’s a clean run to an election for wez to appear electable

One of the reasons it's a big deal now is because he's been asked if police contacted him about it and he always refuses to answer except I think one time denied they had. If it turns out they'd contacted him before it went public they were investigating then lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

One of the reasons it's a big deal now is because he's been asked if police contacted him about it and he always refuses to answer except I think one time denied they had. If it turns out they'd contacted him before it went public they were investigating then lol

Jose you're being so unfair, I would have been impossible for anyone for foresee this chain of events!!!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i dont know what youre talking about i was referring to this

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDWAVE/status/1522650007798644736

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

bitmap posted:

ill feel cheated if starmer isn't given a clear runway to an historic loss at a general

It'd be even funnier if an even more openly rabid far-right psycho like Streeting or Reeves gets to do it instead and do it even worse, though.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

It'd be even funnier if an even more openly rabid far-right psycho like Streeting or Reeves gets to do it instead and do it even worse, though.

But I want starmer to drink himself to death

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still wanna see a Starmer v Johnson drinking contest

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

But I want starmer to drink himself to death

I think that's pretty locked in anyway

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still wanna see a Starmer v Johnson drinking contest

The one policy of any difference between them is "how much I can drink"

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

up pops the smiling ghost of charles kennedy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kecske posted:

up pops the smiling ghost of charles kennedy

there's a kelly comic in here somewhere

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmfao

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1522977416037208064?s=20&t=jYUItr9IKCjIka63p7O0Lw

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lol rip

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
A loving chicken korma, seriously?

Corbyn would have kept it real with some sabji and a couple of rotis, or maybe a palak paneer if he was feling fancy. Chicken Korma is such a baby choice.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so what’s the deal here? they planned food but they should really have done the work and then gone their separate ways immediately after for dinner? honest question as i can’t remember what the rules were

or is it the fact he lied ?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

so what’s the deal here? they planned food but they should really have done the work and then gone their separate ways immediately after for dinner? honest question as i can’t remember what the rules were

or is it the fact he lied ?

i think his excuse was that it was impromptu when in fact it was not

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Starmer being forced to stand down due to the lamest possible coverup being exposed would be a lol from me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/christiancalgie/status/1522993673822257152?s=20&t=8tWzfR_G_22KManQp5IZZw

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

keep punching joe posted:

A loving chicken korma, seriously?

this is the most disgustingly offensive part of the whole situation and deserves nothing less than being fired out of a cannon into space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kecske posted:

this is the most disgustingly offensive part of the whole situation and deserves nothing less than being fired out of a cannon into space

the starmy relaunches

edit christ is that comic thirteen years old now

edit2 nope it's fourteen