Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Toaster Beef posted:

Feels like the Eagles could really do some cool poo poo this year but the biggest question mark is if the QB is capable of hitting a moving target

If he improves as much next year as he did last, I think we'll be OK. I'm not sold on Hurts at all but I am rooting for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Yeah, same. I love the guy, and I hope he's The Guy because he seems like a legitimately good dude and a natural leader. It's awesome to see the team giving him a proper opportunity and all of the tools to improve, too, especially after we watched like seven years of in-his-prime McNabb having nobody to throw to.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Hurts ain't the guy; he's got holes in his game that probably can't get fixed, and probably would have been fixed by now if they could.

Philly will take a QB next year with the pick they got back from the saints - a pick which will likely be higher than their own. Howie took NO to the woodshed on that deal.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah I like Hurts and hope he does well, but unless he makes a big jump with his arm, I think the Eagles taking a QB next year is drat near inevitable.

Even if he has a good record and leads them to a few playoff Ws, the incentive to draft a potential elite QB on a cheap contract for another 5 years is really high and I'd doubt they'd want to pay Hurts big money to be a better Tebow. And chances are, they'd either keep Hurts as a transitional QB or decent trade bait for a team looking for some stability.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Yeah I like Hurts and hope he does well, but unless he makes a big jump with his arm, I think the Eagles taking a QB next year is drat near inevitable.

Even if he has a good record and leads them to a few playoff Ws, the incentive to draft a potential elite QB on a cheap contract for another 5 years is really high and I'd doubt they'd want to pay Hurts big money to be a better Tebow. And chances are, they'd either keep Hurts as a transitional QB or decent trade bait for a team looking for some stability.

I think he's already established his absolute floor as at least a top tier backup, spot starter and a bridge for a team that's rebuilding (which is kind of what he seems to be now but the hope is he continues to improve). I can think of a lot of teams right now where he'd be a better option than their starter. Dude seems to work hard and from all accounts is well liked and respected in the locker room. I doubt he'd accept a backup role to stay with Philly if they look to move on.

Let's see what he can do with strong OL, a good running game and also now Brown to pair with Smith, an improving Goddert at TE and Watkins in the slot.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hurts sucks rear end why do Eagles fans keep getting hopeful

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I think he's already established his absolute floor as at least a top tier backup, spot starter and a bridge for a team that's rebuilding (which is kind of what he seems to be now but the hope is he continues to improve). I can think of a lot of teams right now where he'd be a better option than their starter. Dude seems to work hard and from all accounts is well liked and respected in the locker room. I doubt he'd accept a backup role to stay with Philly if they look to move on.

Let's see what he can do with strong OL, a good running game and also now Brown to pair with Smith, an improving Goddert at TE and Watkins in the slot.
Right, I guess my main point is that they'll have to make some decisions about his contract and future after this season anyway, and if he's basically just a better version of himself now, they'll likely make it clear they won't commit to him long term.

Doltos posted:

You're right, optimism doesn't belong in the NFC East

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
there’s a lot of reasons for optimism but Hurts isn’t one of them. he’d need to make a Josh Allen-like leap in ability and that’s happened once

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Depends on if your expectation is Super Bowl or bust. I'm just hoping for a good, exciting season, and maybe a fun playoff run but I don't believe the Eagles are going to be championship contenders for at least 2 years. And I'm ok with that.

It's a young, up and coming team and that's pretty great. If Hurts is just decent, he'll give us some flexibility. The team is pretty well set up for the future anyway.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

indigi posted:

there’s a lot of reasons for optimism but Hurts isn’t one of them. he’d need to make a Josh Allen-like leap in ability and that’s happened once

Drew Brees, Troy Aikman, Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers and Randall Cunningham immediately came to mind but, yeah, I'm not feeling it for Hurts if I'm being honest about it. Hope I'm wrong. You could throw McNabb into that conversation too.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 7, 2022

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

optimism doesn't belong in the NFC East

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

iamsosmrt posted:

You're right, optimism doesn't belong in the NFC East

Counterpoint: Through glorious, insane NFC East Clownball, anything is possible.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Counterpoint: Through glorious, insane NFC East Clownball, anything is possible.

I think the Giants will certainly be better this year. They seem to have had a really good draft, got rid of their lovely coach, cleaned house in the front office, will have a soft schedule in a weak division, Barkley is still a beast if he's healthy and DJ is in a contract year. I could see them playing .500 ball.

I think Dallas has slid back, Washington is Washington and Philly looks to have improved a little. How does:

1. PHI
2. NYG
3. DAL
4. WAS

look?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Doltos posted:

"I think this guys' cieling is high tier backup" = hopeful.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BiggerBoat posted:

I think the Giants will certainly be better this year. They seem to have had a really good draft, got rid of their lovely coach, cleaned house in the front office, will have a soft schedule in a weak division, Barkley is still a beast if he's healthy and DJ is in a contract year. I could see them playing .500 ball.

I think Dallas has slid back, Washington is Washington and Philly looks to have improved a little. How does:

1. PHI
2. NYG
3. DAL
4. WAS

look?

I'm fine with this but every team is 9-8. Eagles somehow get it on some dumb tiebreaker that fucks the Cowboys.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

"I think this guys' cieling is high tier backup" = hopeful.

"Floor"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts floor is playoff starter qb lol

Back up come on

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Sanchez floor is playoff starter qb lol

Back up come on

jets fans 2009

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
eagles won super bowl with a just keeping the lights on caliber backup qb so I'm not sure this talk about backup ceilings is grounded in reality.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

1. PHI
2. NYG
3. DAL
4. WAS

look?

Cowboys are due to crash and burn this season, it’s an even numbered year.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I would think that its almost going to be the same as last year with the giants being at the bottom of the poo poo heap again. Eagles will have optimism, but the cowboys will show that having a quarterback is more important than everything else and will go undefeated in the NFCE.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Giants suck poo poo still they're not going to do anything until the offense gets new lifeblood

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sickening posted:

I would think that its almost going to be the same as last year with the giants being at the bottom of the poo poo heap again. Eagles will have optimism, but the cowboys will show that having a quarterback is more important than everything else and will go undefeated in the NFCE.

The Cowboys will not go undefeated in the NFC East.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Eagles gonna somehow combine Carson Strong's arms with Jalen Hurts Legs and form the ultimate QB.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

iamsosmrt posted:

Eagles gonna somehow combine Carson Strong's arms with Jalen Hurts Legs and form the ultimate QB.

I'm taking a new job at Penn as part of the research team doing the operation

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."
I don't think I need to tell you how important it is to include BDN's dong in that equation.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can live in Delaware and work at Penn . Its like 5 miles away or something .

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

BiggerBoat posted:

1. PHI
2. NYG
3. DAL
4. WAS

look?

NYG - 14-3 (win superbowl)
PHI - 8-9
DAL - 7-10
WAS - 3-14

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BiggerBoat posted:

1. PHI
2. NYG
3. DAL
4. WAS

look?

The Giants over Dallas strikes me as completely insane.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it will come down to injuries and turnovers

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

euphronius posted:

You can live in Delaware and work at Penn . Its like 5 miles away or something .

I did this, if only on a 5 month contract. I could walk to the train station in Wilmington, that commute was a dream.

And I just saw that Brady will be joining Fox as a color guy once he's done playing. gently caress, we were just freed from having to hear Buck and Aikman, and now we're gonna be saddled with that gently caress?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The old R2. A good train

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The Giants over Dallas strikes me as completely insane.

I know. But weird poo poo like that happens every year in the NFL. Who had CIN v LAR in the Super Bowl heading into last year?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BiggerBoat posted:

I know. But weird poo poo like that happens every year in the NFL. Who had CIN v LAR in the Super Bowl heading into last year?

The giants are bringing back a terrible team with a bad QB and 2 high draft picks. They did nothing in free agency. If they made a bengals like leap that would be even more shocking than what happened last year.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Bonus points if you get your company to pay for hotspotting, count the commute as working time, but don't actually do anything on the train.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The giants are bringing back a terrible team with a bad QB and 2 high draft picks. They did nothing in free agency. If they made a bengals like leap that would be even more shocking than what happened last year.

I'm not saying they're good but something around 500 wouldn't shock me. Something more similar to what Philly did last year than the Bengals. NYG play in a weak division, will have a last place schedule and got rid of their goofy coach. And to me, Dallas has taken a step back. I don't know. I'm just talkin.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Y’all posting about Washington is gonna be last place with like 3 wins must have some magic crystal ball that’s gonna tell you exactly how Carson Wentz will perform.

:colbert:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Giants still have Daniel Jones as QB and are in a rebuilding mode.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles better sign Bradbury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Delaware state taxes are higher than PA/Philly combined so you will wind up owing every year, make sure you’re saving enough on your place to justify that + living in Wilmington which sucks