Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I work with solid organ transplant data, the big things in the future are xenotransplanation like this, and cryogenics to freeze organs for as long as needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

redreader posted:

The South African doctor is being milkshake ducked. Not for the reason any of you are speculating. She stated, in a way that Americans clearly don't understand, that selection criteria are different for different racial groups in South Africa for medical school. This is a common certain-kind-of white south African complaint about affirmative action, which like, well, affirmative action is good. I don't know if it's happening or not but she had a job, so she wasn't suffering from it. A certain kind of white person's head explodes when they get to university and like, 3/4 or so of the class is African.

Please bear in mind that South Africa is not the USA and you can't 1 for 1 compare people and political issues or guess what things mean by using your U.S knowledge.

This is a specific american political idea that like half the country believe in.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Except the shocking ratio that has to be caused by inappropriate elevation of minorities is like 10% non-white people in university.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Debuffed posted:

Oh we're both fully vaxxed and boosted forgot to say

Yeah you can resume your sucking and loving.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Salt Fish posted:

This is a specific american political idea that like half the country believe in.

Sure, but everyone assumed that for sure, 100%, the doctor was being cancelled by the white medical board for saying they were racist against African people. In the USA, there would be no chance that the situation that's happening in South Africa would ever happen, because in the USA you killed off almost all of the people who originally lived here.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

redreader posted:

Sure, but everyone assumed that for sure, 100%, the doctor was being cancelled by the white medical board for saying they were racist against African people. In the USA, there would be no chance that the situation that's happening in South Africa would ever happen, because in the USA you killed off almost all of the people who originally lived here.

I was born and have lived in the USA my whole life and I definitely assumed it was a white lady complaining about an Affirmative Action equivalent right away

Edit: Like it's pretty much this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_v._University_of_Texas_(2016)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

redreader posted:

drat you caught me and also us, all the posters in cspam.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

COVID is the real Montezuma's Revenge

stump collector
May 28, 2007
whats the deal with airline ceos? cant they just be eaten for food??

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah you can resume your sucking and loving.

tell her cspam says it's okay

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

stump collector posted:

whats the deal with airline ceos? cant they just be eaten for food??

They’re used to being given infinite taxpayer money when they gently caress up

Debuffed
Dec 19, 2003
I never post

Stevie Lee posted:

tell her cspam says it's okay

:woop: I literally told her I'd check with the smart people on SA who I trusted about covid stuff lol

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

I did the assuming and made an rear end out of me and the rest of the thread by association I guess

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Teenage Riot posted:

I did the assuming and made an rear end out of me and the rest of the thread by association I guess

I'm mostly just baffled that someone who I'm pretty sure lives in the U.S. now doesn't think Americans in the leftist forum can fathom institutional racism :lol:

Old white people bitching about affirmative action is quite possibly my earliest politically aware memory

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Stereotype posted:

i'm not sure why a ubiquitous disease that is more deadly than polio having a vaccine that is far less effective is anything other than a horrifying catastrophe

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Now I'm borderline innumerate but uh, to restate:
That's one million dead.
That's one third of the nation infected, one sixth of the nation disabled, and one twelfth of the nation cognitively impaired.

All in a single wave.

Lol.

lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I don’t care about this cause I already celebrated that milestone according to BNO’s tracker

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
It loving sucks that every time one of the kids has a fever we have to make them more miserable by testing them. So far all negative and I assume it's from teething/lack of sleep but it's still frustrating.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

COVID is the real Montezuma's Revenge

it does attack you’re guts and butt hole... :thunk:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Guys I'm starting to think COVID-19 might be airborne. Does the CDC know about this?!?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Strep Vote posted:

And. Dogs? loving dogs. Dogs. How loving STUPID do they think we are. It can't be the novel pathogen ripping through the population, it's definitely our co-species with whom we have been cohabitating for like 20,000 years.

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

We're gonna see playtime being over in the mainstream media at this rate. :smithicide:

Dogs did nothing to deserve what the dominant species of this world have done to them.

:suicide:

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
If they end up hurting a single dog over this bullshit I'm going to lose my loving mind.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Why Am I So Tired posted:

If they end up hurting a single dog over this bullshit I'm going to lose my loving mind.

check out how many people they hurt so far and tell me you haven’t already

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Greg Legg posted:

It loving sucks that every time one of the kids has a fever we have to make them more miserable by testing them. So far all negative and I assume it's from teething/lack of sleep but it's still frustrating.

lmao kids get sick all the loving time which makes the whole “kids dont spread it” especially hilarious. theyre probably the primary vectors of spread.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

check out how many people they hurt so far and tell me you haven’t already

I think it's been two years to the day where the sadness converted to 24/7 internal screaming.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

And if the Biden admin is talking 100 million cases this fall, it will be easily much more then that.

Holy fuckarolli, we're likely to see the official death toll, even after the fuckery double by EOY.

:allbuttons:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
How is all that infrastructure doing? It seems like OK is not ok

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dog Case posted:

idk but I ordered a $200 thing this week and it got lost, never had that happen

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

StratGoatCom posted:

And if the Biden admin is talking 100 million cases this fall, it will be easily much more then that.

Holy fuckarolli, we're likely to see the official death toll, even after the fuckery double by EOY.

:allbuttons:

uh, what? where is this coming from

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

mawarannahr posted:

idk but I ordered a $200 thing this week and it got lost, never had that happen

It'll show up it just takes a month now sometimes

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

uh, what? where is this coming from

it's from covid-19, the airborne plague that is killing and maiming ppl worldwide op

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

woah

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3479806-white-house-preps-for-cold-weather-wave-of-100m-covid-infections/

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I think it's been two years to the day where the sadness converted to 24/7 internal screaming.

It’s been a pretty good week for being pissed off at everything all over again.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

I hear millions of pots a' banging
Something awful is about to happen.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

I remember somebody making a joke in march 2020 about how we'd be stuck in march 2020 for the next year and I've been sitting here like drat lol how about three

2023 I'll be thinking 2025

2025 it'll be 2030

l m a o

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Gio posted:

lmao kids get sick all the loving time which makes the whole “kids dont spread it” especially hilarious. theyre probably the primary vectors of spread.

Hahaha. It is one of the more convenient lies to justify going back to "normal."

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Death Panel Czar posted:

I remember somebody making a joke in march 2020 about how we'd be stuck in march 2020 for the next year and I've been sitting here like drat lol how about three

2023 I'll be thinking 2025

2025 it'll be 2030

l m a o

I don't miss the pure terror of March 2020 but I do miss the way people used to try to avoid getting infected.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

gradenko_2000 posted:

The courts are almost certainly going to overturn Griswold v Connecticut eventually

In fact the wording of this ruling already does so, and the court would need to affirm it, instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Faster than a dead horse falling through orbit

Dog Case posted:

I've found there's a weird sorta cycle happening here in oklahoma IE early week mail delivery is fine but the later it gets in the week, the more hosed it starts to get.
It's gotten to the point that I assume anything marked as set to deliver after thursday won't arrive til tuesday of next week.