Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If you're sleeping on Kaguya-sama still, wake up

https://twitter.com/JinchurikiJoy/status/1522649681792282627

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHQTZLKBn54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
A-1: We need to outdo outselves with this Kaguya ED
Also A-1: WE NEED TO OUTDO OURSELVES OUTDOING OURSELVES WITH THIS KAGUYA ED

marumaru
May 20, 2013

this kaguya episode was amazing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kaguya and Spy x Family are both AOTS.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

It's a great season, something for everyone

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

this is the first season in a few years where two shows will probably get a 9/10 from me.

the last time was when kaguya and mob aired in the same season.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I really want to read the Spy x Family manga but I don't want to spoil the show.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Agronox posted:

It's a great season, something for everyone

Yeah, my 9/10 shows are Machikado and Excutionerand both are solid Productions too. Its nice to have some diverse shows also be really good

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Pairipi Koumei is also a strong contender.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the known quantity shonens getting good adaptations no longer excites me

i'm glad sports and card games have brought their a-games a couple times over this season though

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dogsicle posted:

the known quantity shonens getting good adaptations no longer excites me

i'm glad sports and card games have brought their a-games a couple times over this season though

You're hyped for Kaguya, then?

It is a Seinen, after all. More of a mature audiences only thing than a family friendly shonen like Fire Punch or World's End Harem.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh seinen romcom, the demographic and genre combination that is functionally identical to its shonen counterpart

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This feels like one of the better seasons in recent memory. Lot of hits.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

romcoms ftw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

oh seinen romcom, the demographic and genre combination that is functionally identical to its shonen counterpart

it's a pretty decent one tbf. i like the writing in kaguya and the anime staff just do a good job elevating it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

its very good but a sequel continuing to be great is less exciting than a new show turning out great imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it's a pretty decent one tbf. i like the writing in kaguya and the anime staff just do a good job elevating it

i would not pass up something by hatakeyama, but they need to be finishing the series before i bother starting

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I Am Fowl posted:

This feels like one of the better seasons in recent memory. Lot of hits.

It's a season where I'm watching 10 shows and enjoying all of them without reservations, so it's a huge leg up on the past fall and winter seasons.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm glad the back half of Cue! picked up :)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think even polsy is watching cue! anymore, the screenshot well has dried up

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

kaguya and spy family being in the same season is interesting because so far spy family has been great, but in a straightforward quality adaptation of the source way. kaguya is both a good adaptation, and really leans into the medium to add gags or character beats to segments that only work animated

but yeah, its not really fair to compare kaguya to the new shows, it presumably gets the support and budget to take it to wild extremes now because of how well they managed to do it in the first two seasons. totally expected it to be a one and done advertisement for the manga when it premiered, since thats sorta the standard for comedy stuff now

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

I don't think even polsy is watching cue! anymore, the screenshot well has dried up

I am but nothing consequential is happening. Last week: one of them digs up a time capsule* and has emotions about a letter she put in it (actually the episode is mostly about the lead-up to this but it's setting the scene for what's in the letter). This week: One of the anime VAs has a Bloom Ball episode largely dedicated to her and has a crisis about not truly understanding the character she plays until she receives some advice from one of the trainers. I guess it's character development episodes, but the cast is too big for them to have character development for all of them.

* actually she goes to the school (it was a school project) to pick it up after they already had the ceremonial digging-up which she didn't attend, and they say 'oh, we buried it again because we thought you'd like the experience of digging it up, here's a shovel'

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 8, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Polsy posted:

I am but nothing consequential is happening. Last week: one of them digs up a time capsule* and has emotions about a letter she put in it (actually the episode is mostly about the lead-up to this but it's setting the scene for what's in the letter). This week: One of the anime VAs has a Bloom Ball episode largely dedicated to her and has a crisis about not truly understanding the character she plays until she receives some advice from one of the trainers. I guess it's character development episodes, but the cast is too big for them to have character development for all of them.

* actually she goes to the school (it was a school project) to pick it up after they already had the ceremonial digging-up which she didn't attend, and they say 'oh, we buried it again because we thought you'd like the experience of digging it up, here's a shovel'

Did the time capsule at least have a number 1 jam about grumblecakes?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Criminal waste of space tbh

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Glad to hear the show is being extremely consistent

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also how is this bloom ball ep different from the episode 12 bloom ball ep with the struggling voice actress

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Birdie Wing continues to be delightfully insane as well. The next episode preview appears to show people firing RPGs during a chaotic urban car chase. In a golf anime.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Also how is this bloom ball ep different from the episode 12 bloom ball ep with the struggling voice actress

Episode 12 is mostly about them figuring out who this 'new' character is that Haruna has to play, and then she does her line reading perfectly first time once she accepts it. In episode 17 it's about Honoka stressing out about whether she's doing it right for days ahead of time, and then she gets her line read rejected in the studio a few times until she has a flashback to the trainer giving her advice.

e: it's more like episode 10 in that aspect, except minus the part where she's inconveniencing the other two VAs

Polsy fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 8, 2022

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Birdie Wing continues to be delightfully insane as well. The next episode preview appears to show people firing RPGs during a chaotic urban car chase. In a golf anime.

It's so underrated, but I guess that's been the issue with the industry the past decade now favoring manga/LN adaptations over original series. I'm also a personal sucker for women do {SPORT_NAME} anime, but the fact that Yōsuke Kuroda is the head writer (My Hero Academia, Goblin Slayer, Hellsing Ultimate, and many Gundam Wings') is telling me that I'm not completely biased and the fun craziness will only continue; at this rate they'll be golfing in space by the 10th episode. Next to Kaguya, and Spy x Family, the anime I look forward to the most each week.

Also, is there an SA anime Discord server?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Lupin the 3rd steals the Masters Trophy

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Basically, it's a mafia romance about star-crossed golf lesbians, with regular cameos from Bandai's Gunpla model kits. poo poo's wild.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Pac-Man

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth Walrus posted:

Basically, it's a mafia romance about star-crossed golf lesbians, with regular cameos from Bandai's Gunpla model kits. poo poo's wild.

Don't forget the mafia is also golf.

underground golfers.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
My tolerance for sports anime usually trades blows with idol anime for how low it is, but this is starting to sound like a Zombie Land Saga type of exception.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healer Girl is the sleeper hit of the season

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

underground golfers.

Literal underground golfers, with their own high-tech transforming golf cavern for resolving high-stakes mob disputes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Indiana_Krom posted:

My tolerance for sports anime usually trades blows with idol anime for how low it is, but this is starting to sound like a Zombie Land Saga type of exception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCkdBhWnZJo

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

underground golfers.

with 24th century procedural golf courses while at it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The best part is the transforming underground golf bunker is not the most out there part of the episode thanks to Vipere, whos is coming back for the next episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Episode 12 is mostly about them figuring out who this 'new' character is that Haruna has to play, and then she does her line reading perfectly first time once she accepts it. In episode 17 it's about Honoka stressing out about whether she's doing it right for days ahead of time, and then she gets her line read rejected in the studio a few times until she has a flashback to the trainer giving her advice.

e: it's more like episode 10 in that aspect, except minus the part where she's inconveniencing the other two VAs

I'm not looking anything up to confirm, but it sounds like I did mean episode 10