Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the days when i'm just off my game and miss my jumping attacks a bunch and get slaughtered or find a boss who totally wrecks my poo poo 10 times in a row with AoE attacks i don't know how to dodge yet are infinitely preferable to me to the times when i seem like i'm in the zone and then i fall off a cliff twice in a row and lose my runes. it's more frustrating than chariot dungeons for me for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Sometimes I'm getting 'Sculptor's Idol Found' messages when I rest at idols I've travelled to. Does this mean anything or is it a bug?

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 7, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bees x1000 posted:

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

bees x1000 posted:

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

Sometimes I'm getting 'Sculptor's Idol Found' messages when I rest at idols I've travelled to. Does this mean anything or is it a bug?

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

Was waiting for this post lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

bees x1000 posted:

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ape is definitely the best boss to do last of the three paths as you'll have much higher AP for both the ape fight and then the twin ape fight which is optional. You'll also have the best skill for dealing with the second ape also.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I do know I'm getting better at the game because I can waste GA's second phase now. Then they added a third phase with a second ape who smashes you as soon as you down the first one. Thank you fromsoft

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Ape is definitely the best boss to do last of the three paths as you'll have much higher AP for both the ape fight and then the twin ape fight which is optional. You'll also have the best skill for dealing with the second ape also.

Yeah t he other path feels like the “correct route” o felt like a dipshit my last play when I had to do double ape without that skill lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never even found double ape on my first playthrough and I haven't figured out how to recreate that on subsequent runs...

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I am really glad that second banana just gives up and evaporates after you kill the first

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I never even found double ape on my first playthrough and I haven't figured out how to recreate that on subsequent runs...

As long as you do the corrupted monkfirst you have no reason to go back through that cave as you can always teleport to the sculptor idols before and after it. It only spawns after you kill GA. So if you do him after that boss then you never have to go through that area. It's worth doing for the AP but that's it. On NG+ it's a total loving pain because the second Ape escapes the damage curve and you can't easily blitz them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Ape escapes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

bees x1000 posted:

I am really glad that second banana just gives up and evaporates after you kill the first

You probably made it a lot harder on yourself. The brown ape is much weaker HP and poise wise despite the fight ending after you kill the white ape. He's pretty easy solo anyway especially after you beat him the first time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

LOL I went back through the cave to find out that no, the Guardian Ape was still going. It's dead now, the achievement told me so.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

bees x1000 posted:

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

Lmfao

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
there are a couple of fights in this game where I had to perfect to beat. It felt like I was chasing like a 5% chance at beating those guys. But seeing that second monkey brought me to the lowest point of my life

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I was half expecting Owl to have a surprise third phase

I was not expecting rope gumby kaiju to carry me to the promised land

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I was half expecting Owl to have a surprise third phase

I was not expecting rope gumby kaiju to carry me to the promised land

😈

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I was hoping there would be an actual battle to participate in and now everything's on fire. cool

oof might be on demon of hatred for a while

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 7, 2022

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I was hoping there would be an actual battle to participate in and now everything's on fire. cool

oof might be on demon of hatred for a while

hardest boss in the game imo but only because he does chip damage. try the fire lotus umbrella

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

hardest boss in the game imo but only because he does chip damage. try the fire lotus umbrella

This. He’s very different from the other hard bosses but still rewarding

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He is ranked for best boss ever but he plays very differently to anything else in the game which at first kissed me off but by the time I beat him I loved it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

scary ghost dog posted:

The fire umbrella will completely blank his super high leap stomp attack and leave you right under his nuts to hit him. Just make sure you hold it long enough to absorb the shockwave that comes after he lands or you will get blown back

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

that charge is ridiculous, by the time the warning shows it feels too late

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bees x1000 posted:

that charge is ridiculous, by the time the warning shows it feels too late

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you can actually jump kick off of his head as he passes by. You just don't want to be on the ground

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

even knowing what to do, I have yet to intentionally dodge that attack.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

of course after posting that I do it four times in a row, sculptor bro is dead.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Good job

Now do it in the boss rush

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s fine in the boss rush. What’s so great about Sekiro is you only beat bosses by mastering them rather than a lucky round

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It’s fine in the boss rush. What’s so great about Sekiro is you only beat bosses by mastering them rather than a lucky round

:hai:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

sword saint making me feel like I've learned nothing

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

sword saint making me feel like I've learned nothing

Sword saint will teach you everything. Ng+ loving rules in this one. Hands down best fromsoft boss in my book.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm reinstalling Sekiro again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm reinstalling Sekiro again...

I simply never uninstalled it.