Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

thatbastardken posted:

the interesting part with the ghost candidates is the ones who claim not to have consented to the nomination imo.

i don't know if it's specifically illegal to nominate a person as a candidate without their knowledge or consent but it feels like it should be.

that assumes the candidates in question are telling the truth though.

:shrug:

Hell of a system we've got here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Comstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=troOfZTG9MQ

Destroying your career for corrupt politicians and trying to take down a youtube comedian.

How many people did this guy destroy before he tried to take down someone with a youtube channel and not afraid to use it.

I feel like the cops assigned to this task force should speak to their health and safety rep about the psychosocial hazards posed by being forced to watch FJ videos

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hell of a system we've got here

PHON are the definition of bad actors within a system, but broadly speaking i agree

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://www.tallyroom.com.au/47729

there's definitely an argument that the nominations process could be improved a bit to avoid the sort of nonsense that one nation is doing with its paper candidates.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

lih posted:

https://www.tallyroom.com.au/47729

there's definitely an argument that the nominations process could be improved a bit to avoid the sort of nonsense that one nation is doing with its paper candidates.

As long as the paper candidate is a real person that the AEC has verified I don't see the problem with them wasting all the effort and money to field fake candidates.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
What an April fools prank it would be to get yourself and 20,000 other people to nominate your mate to parliament and then get them voted in as your MP. Ha, sucked in. Now you've gotta go to Canberra and represent us you stooge!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Good old unbiased journalism.

Look forward to the debt and deficit disaster discussion which has been strangely absent ever since the LNP has been in power and national debt has been skyrocketing.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

norp posted:

As long as the paper candidate is a real person that the AEC has verified I don't see the problem with them wasting all the effort and money to field fake candidates.

Well there's already been the case of someone nominating for a different party so I guess maybe we do need some measure of consent.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Spookydonut posted:

Well there's already been the case of someone nominating for a different party so I guess maybe we do need some measure of consent.

Kinda what I mean by "AEC have verified"

At the end of the day if a citizen has the legally required support to nominate then they should be able to.
Any kind of barrier to entry beyond some sort of measurement of support from the electorate is blatantly undemocratic.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

hooman posted:

Look forward to the debt and deficit disaster discussion which has been strangely absent ever since the LNP has been in power and national debt has been skyrocketing.

I'm unrepresentative because I still get groceries delivered so don't go into supermarkets anymore, but I stared at this for a second and realised I can't remember the last time I saw the front page of a print newspaper. I feel like you don't even see them lying around in cafes anymore.

lih
May 15, 2013

norp posted:

Kinda what I mean by "AEC have verified"

At the end of the day if a citizen has the legally required support to nominate then they should be able to.
Any kind of barrier to entry beyond some sort of measurement of support from the electorate is blatantly undemocratic.

'some measurement of support from the electorate' was all that was being suggested, just requiring party-backed candidates to get some signatures in the electorate like independents have to

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

freebooter posted:

I'm unrepresentative because I still get groceries delivered so don't go into supermarkets anymore, but I stared at this for a second and realised I can't remember the last time I saw the front page of a print newspaper. I feel like you don't even see them lying around in cafes anymore.

They're in every lunchroom in the country and sky news is on the tv.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

i used to hate-read the herald sun at an old job all the time.

also I think some people still buy papers for the sports section

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The herald sun has a weekend liftout with the weekly tv guide, this weekend the front cover is scott & family with the caption "The answer is always family."

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I live in an apartment building and at one stage, before I lived here, there was one guy who had the Australian delivered. He moved out probably 2 or 3 years ago, cancelled his sub, and they still deliver it, so now I just use it for when I need to add it to the worm farm.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
The only newspaper we get is the free asian newspaper from the supermarket for the birds cage.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Animal Friend posted:

also I think some people still buy papers for the sports section

And the crossword page. Tbh sports journalism is the highest quality writing in the industry.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I use the epoch times to stuff into my running shoes to dry them out if I've been out in the rain
Quality publication

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I work in a supermarket and I find we toss out at least 50% of the Courier Mails and Australians we get in each day. Few things in life are more enjoyable than tossing newscorpse papers into the box crusher at the end of the night.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We used to shred them and donate to the local animal shelters.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
All the political flyers landing in my mailbox lately have made great lining for my budgie cages. Waking up to a happy tweeting and a pile of turds on Pauline Hanson's smirking face is a good way to start the day.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just on ABC24 news chyron - Scomo announced he's going to bring back the bigotry bill if he's re-elected. And will make sure there are no protections added for gay and trans kids.

To the absolute surprise of no one :sigh:

EDIT: from the ABC website

PM stands by plan to introduce religious discrimination law without changing sex discrimination act at same time

quote:

The Prime Minister is standing by his decision to push ahead with the religious discrimination act without making changes to protect gay students at the same time.

The government attempted to pass the legislation earlier this year, with Scott Morrison saying it would better protect faith communities from religious discrimination.

Plans were also put in place to amend a section of the sex discrimination act (SDA) at the same time so students would not be expelled on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Those changes were introduced after concerns were raised by Labor and some moderate Liberals about the need for protections for LGBTQI children in religious schools.

However, Mr Morrison has said he will handle the matter differently if re-elected. And on Saturday he defended his decision to push ahead with the religious discrimination act (RDA) as a standalone piece of legislation.

"[The sex discrimination act will] be a separate issue and that would be a function of being able to deal with the other matter first," he said.

"We will deal with RDA first."

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 8, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just on ABC24 news chyron - Scomo announced he's going to bring back the bigotry bill if he's re-elected. And will make sure there are no protections added for gay and trans kids.

PM stands by plan to introduce religious discrimination law without changing sex discrimination act at same time

Really wish he'd drop his colon in his pants at a nandos

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

kirbysuperstar posted:

Really wish he'd drop his colon in his pants at a nandos

I object. Think of all the people just trying to drop in for a cheeky half chicken and being greeted by a making GBS threads Pentecostal.

Hoping he sticks to Maccas, who the gently caress walks in three in TYOOL 2022??

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

I object. Think of all the people just trying to drop in for a cheeky half chicken and being greeted by a making GBS threads Pentecostal.

Hoping he sticks to Maccas, who the gently caress walks in three in TYOOL 2022??

Fair point!

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

hooman posted:

ScoMo should have called the election as early as possible, and not waited till the last minute. The longer we have relentless pro-LNP/anti-ALP coverage, the more it'll swing towards the LNP. Still, he's a fuckhead that fucks up everything he gets involved with.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
You basically need a full chicken per person at nandos now with how tiny they are.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
will morrison dare to cross the red rooster line?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Megillah Gorilla posted:

yep

Let's ram through the ability to discriminate then later on we can maybe possibly do something about enshrining protections for those who are most likely to be discriminated against. Just loving vile.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Fairly certain buying the paper “for the sports” eventually gives the rest of the paper a go and it mutates into getting panicked into following whatever that paper’s agenda is.

Also, whoever said quality journalism comes from sport forgot about Phil “Buzz” Rothfield

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Eediot Jedi posted:

yep

Let's ram through the ability to discriminate then later on we can maybe possibly do something about enshrining protections for those who are most likely to be discriminated against. Just loving vile.

*extremely Labor voice* we don't agree with this, but we'll vote for it and fix it when we're in government

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So vivian lobo the candidate for Lilley did electorate fraud, first published by the australian i beleive who included pics of the fake address of the house vivian bought and claimed to be living in. Labor complained to the AEC, the AEC refered it to the AFP and in the article the ABC put out they included this pic that I have not seen before in another article:

This is a photo of the house, first posted by the australian i beleive. The australian also posted pics of Vivian walking up the driveway which included the plants above.

Lets go find that road sign on gmaps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-27.3868177,152.984684,3a,75y,299.05h,90.14t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQqOktU26GhDjxID6F4X08w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Satelite photo:

They doxxed Vivian Lobo loving lmao

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
ewww Chermside

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

SuddenCactus posted:

will morrison dare to cross the red rooster line?

In the most marignal seat of the country, I have not seen *one* sign for the LNP candidate (only seen a campaign car) and nor has there been a single LNP minister. Even the local LNP stalwarts that had LNP signs in 2019 arent showing jack poo poo this year. Conversly Greens and Labor signs and campaign poo poo all over the place.

I'd loooove to see what kind of reception the PM would get in the Blue Mountains, esp when the place is clearly outright hostile to anything to do with the LNP. Maybe they are trying to concentrate in the Hawksbury part of the electorate to make up for the losses in the Mountains but again I've heard nothing about any visits or campaign promises, it's almost like they arent even trying to win Macquarie

lih
May 15, 2013

is it really doxxing since he doesn't actually live there

re: macquarie, half the electorate is very strongly labor & the other half is very strongly liberal, it's a fairly unusual seat in that regard. if the libs seem to have less presence than before in the labor-favored section that could be a sign that it's a likely labor hold though yeah

lih fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 8, 2022

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

NPR Journalizard posted:

I live in an apartment building and at one stage, before I lived here, there was one guy who had the Australian delivered. He moved out probably 2 or 3 years ago, cancelled his sub, and they still deliver it, so now I just use it for when I need to add it to the worm farm.

My stepfather gets the Daily Terrorgraph and I was surprised, although I shouldn’t be, to see that the Beetrooter’s squeeze Vicki Campion now gets a column as well as Credlin.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Arwin Caras, an IT engineer from St Marys, says he has decided to stick with Morrison, whom he supported in 2019.

“I haven’t seen much of the news lately but I am still voting for Scomo,” the 40-year-old says.

“I’ve seen this leaflet comparing what was done from the previous administration, they have details on what Labor has done and what Liberals have done and all are in favour of the Liberals, and so based on that data, I am voting for Scomo,” he says.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I have no faith at all that the majority of voters will be voting based on people who match their values. It's all sports teams.

that_voter_from_corrangamite.wmv

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Arwin Caras, an IT engineer from St Marys, says he has decided to stick with Morrison, whom he supported in 2019.

“I haven’t seen much of the news lately but I am still voting for Scomo,” the 40-year-old says.

“I’ve seen this leaflet comparing what was done from the previous administration, they have details on what Labor has done and what Liberals have done and all are in favour of the Liberals, and so based on that data, I am voting for Scomo,” he says.

The opposition hasn't passed any laws, they are so useless!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

an IT engineer

lmao