Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I just realized that this whole event is another real life mimicry. This time it's of sanctions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Zipperelli. posted:

There's lore to this event. Not everything is Nikita drunkenly messing with stuff at 3 am. like he used to.

Hahahahaha good one

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I am so upset at myself for not having Shadowplay turned on! I normally turn it off when grinding Factory SCAV runs.

I was underground looting boxes, with my knife out because I get killed more by friendly SCAVs than PMC, so I hope it makes players less likely to kill me. After I loot I see another player, and they shoot at me. I hide behind cover and realize I'm hosed, so I just charge at them and start stabbing hoping to die in glory. BUT I KILLED THEM!!!!!! Then their friend came down the ramp behind them and killed me.

Turns out it was a Timmy. I think they couldn't finish me off because you can't shoot things in your face due to the gun folding in.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 30, 2022

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Been looking at this game for a while, thinking about picking it up during this sale. Is it worth getting the version that's currently 60 bucks? Does the stash fill up pretty fast?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

rain dogs posted:

Been looking at this game for a while, thinking about picking it up during this sale. Is it worth getting the version that's currently 60 bucks? Does the stash fill up pretty fast?

They're always having sales. It's best to buy the cheapest version, then see if you like the game. It won't make you like the game any more having the advantages of the more expensive versions.

One of the biggest mistakes people can make is being a loot whore. Just sell everything you collect except for items you are going to bring back in, and keep your stash relatively empty. At level 15 you can access the Auction House, allowing you to make more profit and buy what you're missing.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Are they really leaving player SCAVs broken? My past time was scaring raiding PMCs.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

rain dogs posted:

You can always upgrade for the difference in price between versions, get the cheap one and then upgrade later if you want

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Thanks, I did go with the cheapest version. Looking forward to having my rear end handed to me when I get off work

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Are they really leaving player SCAVs broken? My past time was scaring raiding PMCs.

Yeah it sucks right now. I’m at 5.54 out of 6 trying to max fence rep. I like hunting PMCs as well they’re fun and can really help with fence rep. I popped a PMC in factory from the rafters 50M away with a mosin headshot and was feeling good. Then an ai scav started blasting me and I thought well maybe that wasn’t a PMC. He killed me and I thought what a bunch of poo poo this is.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Escape from Tarkov: He killed me and I thought what a bunch of poo poo this is.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

What's broken about them?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Fart Car '97 posted:

What's broken about them?

Attacking a pmc makes AI scavs aggro on pscavs.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Attacking a pmc makes AI scavs aggro on pscavs.

This hasn't been a thing in a long time, unless when they fixed this issue >1 year ago, it somehow came back.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

This hasn't been a thing in a long time, unless when they fixed this issue >1 year ago, it somehow came back.

I just killed a PMC in factory and was chased by tagilla and 2+ scavs for the next minute and change. 6+ scav rep and gained .04 on the exp screen. Not the first time it's happened either. It's back.

Maxed strength for the first time and the elite perk feels like a cheat code. I know it's cliche to have opinions about this game but the entire skill system could be ripped out and it would be better for it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Meatlong Football posted:

I just killed a PMC in factory and was chased by tagilla and 2+ scavs for the next minute and change. 6+ scav rep and gained .04 on the exp screen. Not the first time it's happened either. It's back.

WELP!

I've been in the same situation but on Customs. Domed 2 PMC's at the scav checkpoint right in front of the 3 scavs that were standing there, but they didn't aggro me :confused:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

Yep it’s back, OP

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

rain dogs posted:

Thanks, I did go with the cheapest version. Looking forward to having my rear end handed to me when I get off work

Rumor is a wipe is coming soon, where everyone (more or less) starts back to ground zero. Right now everyone is decked out and also people are playing differently as scavs since they think a wipe is coming soon (i think)

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Meatlong Football posted:

Maxed strength for the first time and the elite perk feels like a cheat code. I know it's cliche to have opinions about this game but the entire skill system could be ripped out and it would be better for it.

What is this?

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

When you reach max level with skills they connote extra bonuses to you to make players who play a ton and actually get some stats to max have an even bigger gap of advantage over people with less time to spend playing tarkov every day and probably won't reach max on any stats except like, metabolism. When you reach max strength any guns, armor, and tactical rigs become weightless when worn on your PMC. Extra nice now that the movement momentum system can put a lot of extra drag on you if you're heavy.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Has nikita ever acknowledged the insanity of the elite perks? I know I'm a latecomer to the game but from an 'outsiders' perspective it does seem like every wipe the game has made progress towards its weird vision and I don't see how the elite perks jive with that in the end (aside from the obvious gamification to keep the obsessives playing every wipe)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I think they've said that the skill system is going to get completely re-done at some point.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Fart Car '97 posted:

Has nikita ever acknowledged the insanity of the elite perks? I know I'm a latecomer to the game but from an 'outsiders' perspective it does seem like every wipe the game has made progress towards its weird vision and I don't see how the elite perks jive with that in the end (aside from the obvious gamification to keep the obsessives playing every wipe)

Never directly, but elite strength has been nerfed like five times now, so clearly someone at BSG knows that it's dumb, they just refuse to do the necessary thing and remove it entirely. Elite endurance isn't quite as busted but it's still a low-key cheat code too.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Haha holy poo poo this loving sucks rear end:

quote:

Some items without the “found in raid” status will be destroyed if:

Player tries to discard it from their inventory and ignores the warning
Player places it in their backpack, pockets, or chest rig, and gets killed by another player or tries to drop any container/backpack/chest rig containing this limited item
If a player dies, the limited items in their secure container will not be destroyed

This change will be applied to the following items:

Money
All barter items (with some permissions below)
Keys and Keycards
Containers
Specific armbands
Info items
Specific melee weapons (UVSR Taiga-1 survival machete, Red Rebel ice pick, Miller Bros. Blades M-2 Tactical Sword, Kiba Arms Tactical Tomahawk)

Items that can be discarded in a limited quantity:

Roubles — 20 000
Golden neck chain — 3 pcs
Gunpowder “Kite” — 3 pcs
Toolset — 2 pcs
Roler Submariner gold wrist watch — 1 pc
Paracord — 1 pc
Silicone tube — 1 pc
Injectors — 1 pc each type

These items can be discarded within the specified quantity, after exceeding which they will also be destroyed.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
if im reading that right it means we won't be looting any of that poo poo off pmcs we kill?

lmao

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Goast posted:

if im reading that right it means we won't be looting any of that poo poo off pmcs we kill?

lmao

you can if its found in raid, if they brought it from home it goes poof

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Toalpaz posted:

you can if its found in raid, if they brought it from home it goes poof

i misread "without" as "with"

:downs:

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

This looks like they are trying to clamp down on rmt poo poo. You can't bring a bunch of bitcoins and tetri into raid and drop them for the guy that paid you $$.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Am I playing the game wrong or does this seem like it won’t affect most people other than not being able to drop quest keys and hideout parts?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

jerman999 posted:

Am I playing the game wrong or does this seem like it won’t affect most people other than not being able to drop quest keys and hideout parts?

Nah, you're reading it right and playing the game like a normal person. Sucks we won't be able to help a friend out with hideout stuff, but we can still help them find it in raid which I think is what they want us to do.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Does transferring it to an actual loot container count as discarding it from your inventory?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

This seems fairly contrary to their prior stated plans for a physical trader on the map. why would i bother hunting players going to the trader if i can't take the barter poo poo they brought into the raid?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

jerman999 posted:

This really sucks for people playing with friends who, say, don't have the time to play enough to quickly breach 15 for the flea market. Friends handing me "hideout parts" was a pretty big part of what made the game so accessible to me in the first place.

"Getting help" isn't exactly in the spirit of Tarkov, I get it, but gently caress this noise. I'm not getting my own Red Rebel any time soon.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Supposedly they even implemented anti-smurfing for cash.

Nothing stops you from using your key to unlock a quest door for a friend if they need an item behind it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
its going to affect our friend group because we won't be able to share quest keys before a player leaves for the evening but w/e. I don't really care.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
You can still bring guns and ammo and armor for your buddies. It’s fine.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I don't see a problem with this at all, tbh. Sure, it makes things harder for groups to drop hideout stuff or whatever, but it's not like it becomes HARDER than just playing solo. Jeez.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I don't see a problem with this at all, tbh. Sure, it makes things harder for groups to drop hideout stuff or whatever, but it's not like it becomes HARDER than just playing solo. Jeez.

Maybe they uh, don't want to play solo? Weird thought

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Maybe they uh, don't want to play solo? Weird thought

So play the game together? Nothing is stopping that? You just can't hoard poo poo for your friends. I'm fine with it, because it's a huge curb to RMT which is by proxy, a huge incentive for cheating that's been removed.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

So are carries, and this does nothing to address that aspect of RMT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Dr. Clockwork posted:

So are carries, and this does nothing to address that aspect of RMT.

And? That doesn't negate this being a good thing on its own.