Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Sleeping Gods: Primeval Peril... anybody played this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I am in California so BE SURE TO REPORT if a rule has been broken so the mods can get to it

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013

PerniciousKnid posted:

Sleeping Gods: Primeval Peril... anybody played this?

I've seen a playthrough of it. Seemed fine.

However, if you're getting either Sleeping Gods or Distant Skies, Primeval Peril doesn't seem worth it (even if new added content), especially if it costs the same as Tides of Ruin. There's too much content in those games already (multiple campaigns of 15-20 hrs each).

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Llyranor posted:

I've seen a playthrough of it. Seemed fine.

However, if you're getting either Sleeping Gods or Distant Skies, Primeval Peril doesn't seem worth it (even if new added content), especially if it costs the same as Tides of Ruin. There's too much content in those games already (multiple campaigns of 15-20 hrs each).

I was more thinking PP looked like a more compact package, and we're only 10% of the way through SHCD after two years so smaller/shorter is probably better for us, all else being equal.

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
From the playthrough video, it just seemed like a short scenario that takes maybe 2-3 hrs to finish and didn't have any replay value. Even if they double the content and add quests/branching, still doesn't seem like much. It felt more like a demo than anything (and in a way, it was; it was made for print-and-play as a bone for backers because Sleeping Gods was a bit late to release).

You could probably just print-and-play the original scenario, too.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/953146955/sleeping-gods/posts/3004882

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I'll be moving in a bit and am getting rid of some games. If any goons want a free copy of Gloomhaven and/or Jaws of the Lion and will pick it up in Seattle, PM me.

They're both played, but have all their components. Jaws of the Lion has the "quest" board marked, though I used an app tracker for Gloomhaven for the most part so there's just a few stickers on some cards.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 8, 2022

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Another game of Paint the Roses that ended in execution. We filled the garden but lost on the very last turn because the queen still moved. There’s probably a better meta strategy that we should do to stay just ahead of the queen while she is slow and then complete multiple hard cards during the last turn before her speed increase. Otherwise she inevitably catches up as the game goes on. We’re still playing easy mode too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I got it to the table at a friends yesterday and it's still such a great game. Haven't even touched the modules yet.

My friends 4 year old was put on Easy card duty and was actually super fun seeing him allllllmmmosst get the concept, with a bit of hand holding.
He understood that he had to match Colour to Colour, but was having just a wee bit of difficulty getting the concept that the colours could match multiple times.

What a delight to be able to get him to join in though and be a member of the team.

We lost by 2 tiles, which was still not bad at all - as at about halfway through the game you should phase the Easy card out to increase your move speed :v:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Creature Comforts:

Me, before playing, watching a how-to-play video: Wow, this looks like a better Everdell!

Me, while playing: How many game systems are combined into one mess? Did someone not think to say "stop" before adding one more moving part, one more resource type, another deck of cards?

Maybe the strategy is deep, and I've only played it once three player with me, my fiance, and a ten-year-old, but I can't shake the thought that this was designed by someone who had a bunch of good ideas for games yet couldn't narrow them down. I don't see the need for a differentiation in seasons, other than the fact that they played Everdell and wanted to replicate it (there's even an overt Everdell reference on one of the cards, so they're not hiding the inspiration). There's too many resource types and things to buy with them, and a few of them look alike even to someone with good eyesight. I really like the partial die rolling and assigning workers before rolling the universal dice (I actually had an idea for a game with that right before playing this one), but it's really easy to accidentally change a die without realizing it during/in between turns. I wouldn't mind playing it more with more time to go over it, but first impression is it's over-engineered.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Does anyone have experience with Dale of Merchants or it's standalone sequels? Someone on BGG mentioned it as an alternative to Valley of the Kings and on the surface it looks like a decent, compact market row deckbuilder. I'm a bit iffy about the completely random market (rather than phased) and the lack of first player handicap, though, especially with the goal-based win condition.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Stickman posted:

Does anyone have experience with Dale of Merchants or it's standalone sequels? Someone on BGG mentioned it as an alternative to Valley of the Kings and on the surface it looks like a decent, compact market row deckbuilder. I'm a bit iffy about the completely random market (rather than phased) and the lack of first player handicap, though, especially with the goal-based win condition.

Dale of Merchants is really really good imo. DoM 3 is propably the best if you only get one, but 2 is also really solid & I have them both.

The fact that you can use the cards as either building material for the win condition or for their printed effects gives them a lot of leeway and enables different strategies. My partner has won games by simply playing/rushing it like Lost Cities and never using any card effects. Also you buy stuff from the market to the top of your draw deck, not to your discard pile.

I seem to remember there was something like the second player gets to still play their last turn, even if the 1st player wins, but not sure. Hasn't felt unbalanced to me, would recommend.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

I'm putting together a TTS session of John Company next Saturday 5/14 at 9am pacific time, 12pm Eastern. We've 3-4 people already so if you're interested to join pm me your email as I'd long to get to 5-6!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Oh and this happened

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022...h-and-bullying/

Jon Del Arroz Promises To Sue The Game Manufacturers Association After They Suspend Him For “Hate Speech And Bullying”

GAMA deserves all they get for not doing the slightest bit of background checking before allowing this rear end in a top hat into their organization. GAMA is useless husk anyway so I can't be surprised.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mayveena posted:

Oh and this happened

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022...h-and-bullying/

Jon Del Arroz Promises To Sue The Game Manufacturers Association After They Suspend Him For “Hate Speech And Bullying”

GAMA deserves all they get for not doing the slightest bit of background checking before allowing this rear end in a top hat into their organization. GAMA is useless husk anyway so I can't be surprised.

I think this is the first mention of all this in the thread, so if anyone's catching up: Jon Del Arroz is an alt-rightish board game and comics guy. He has a comic about the conquistadores and videos ranking various female board game youtubers on attractiveness. Rodney Smith of Watch It Played! posted on GAMA's facebook page saying, basically, "why is this guy a member, with GAMA's stated values of inclusiveness". Said post got deleted, purportedly not because they like JDA and think he's good, but because Rodney hadn't gone through the proper complaints procedure, which I think requires a notary public notarizing your complaint. Rodney then posts on twitter and it gets some traction. GAMA suspend JDA for a month, and now are getting sued.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think this is the first mention of all this in the thread, so if anyone's catching up: Jon Del Arroz is an alt-rightish board game and comics guy. He has a comic about the conquistadores and videos ranking various female board game youtubers on attractiveness. Rodney Smith of Watch It Played! posted on GAMA's facebook page saying, basically, "why is this guy a member, with GAMA's stated values of inclusiveness". Said post got deleted, purportedly not because they like JDA and think he's good, but because Rodney hadn't gone through the proper complaints procedure, which I think requires a notary public notarizing your complaint. Rodney then posts on twitter and it gets some traction. GAMA suspend JDA for a month, and now are getting sued.

Thanks Mr Squishy I haven't had my caffeine requirement met yet this morning and was too lazy to do that great job you've done in explaining the situation. One thing I've thought about off and on is creating a new Publisher/Manufacturer trade group that actually supports Publishers and Manufacturers instead of simply charging them money and having their annual gala style meetings. Publishing board games has become very challenging and according to those I know in the business, GAMA has been of zero help. If folks know otherwise, say so please.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?

Mayveena posted:

Thanks Mr Squishy I haven't had my caffeine requirement met yet this morning and was too lazy to do that great job you've done in explaining the situation. One thing I've thought about off and on is creating a new Publisher/Manufacturer trade group that actually supports Publishers and Manufacturers instead of simply charging them money and having their annual gala style meetings. Publishing board games has become very challenging and according to those I know in the business, GAMA has been of zero help. If folks know otherwise, say so please.

It’s also worth noting that bounding into comics is a notorious comicsgate outlet, so thanks as well for explaining it in a way where we don’t have to give clicks to a site that is breaking news about “Disney’s pro-groomer agenda.”

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The non-chud SF fan website File770 has coverage of the affair:

https://file770.com/several-gama-members-protest-addition-of-jon-del-arroz-to-organization/

https://file770.com/jda-out-of-gama-suspended-by-twitter/

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I think Eric Lang really nailed it in the link I posted. They are always the victim somehow even though all the allegations against this rear end in a top hat are easily provable. He's a manual on how to be MAGA on the internet.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Played the new version of Libertalia last night and it's broadly Libertalia but instead of being Pirates you're sky furries. In terms of rules changes instead of the tie breakers being on the cards there's a line up that you can move up and down with various effects to change your tiebreaker value. There are also a range of treasures that do different things a bit like Quacks or something so Maps might be the old 3 for 12 points or the player with the most at the end of the round gets 8 points and discards their maps but everyone else keeps theirs etc. Also for some reason the weeks are different lengths not sure why they did this really. There's also 40 characters now.

Now I like Libertalia but it does have issues like the tiebreakers which you can just learn , like the Black Monkey is 6 so will always go last. This can cause some rounds of 'bad feels' where your characters all have poor tiebreakers and you just get lumbered with a bunch of cursed masks and nothing you can do. For me this is the same if not slightly worse in new Libertalia. The reputation track governs the tiebreakers now but you can quite easily end up with a selection of characters which don't interact with that track at all in the week. That means the person who is last on the track stays last and loses every tiebreaker. So if you didn't like getting hosed by tie breakers in old libertalia you are not going to like it in this.

Still it's good, nice components and some good additions in more dudes and different abilities on the treasures.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Hello thread, idiot to the genre here, and read the OP but still have a question:

I'm looking for light games that are suitable for English second/third language speakers and functions decently with 3+ players. In my case, all players can read/write English, but for example, BGG has 7 Wonders with the lowest 'language dependence' rating of "no necessary in-game text", but looking through how to play, it seems to require a level of explanation that might be too overwhelming (I'm open to being told I'm off-base here).

Of what I've looked at, what jumps out to me are Azul, Carcassonne, and Sushi Go, but I haven't played any of the games I've listed. Are there others I should (re)consider?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

KVeezy3 posted:

Hello thread, idiot to the genre here, and read the OP but still have a question:

I'm looking for light games that are suitable for English second/third language speakers and functions decently with 3+ players. In my case, all players can read/write English, but for example, BGG has 7 Wonders with the lowest 'language dependence' rating of "no necessary in-game text", but looking through how to play, it seems to require a level of explanation that might be too overwhelming (I'm open to being told I'm off-base here).

Of what I've looked at, what jumps out to me are Azul, Carcassonne, and Sushi Go, but I haven't played any of the games I've listed. Are there others I should (re)consider?

I've done Sushi Go, Coup, The Resistance, and Splendor with language learners with no problems.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Aramoro posted:

Played the new version of Libertalia last night and it's broadly Libertalia but instead of being Pirates you're sky furries. In terms of rules changes instead of the tie breakers being on the cards there's a line up that you can move up and down with various effects to change your tiebreaker value. There are also a range of treasures that do different things a bit like Quacks or something so Maps might be the old 3 for 12 points or the player with the most at the end of the round gets 8 points and discards their maps but everyone else keeps theirs etc. Also for some reason the weeks are different lengths not sure why they did this really. There's also 40 characters now.

Now I like Libertalia but it does have issues like the tiebreakers which you can just learn , like the Black Monkey is 6 so will always go last. This can cause some rounds of 'bad feels' where your characters all have poor tiebreakers and you just get lumbered with a bunch of cursed masks and nothing you can do. For me this is the same if not slightly worse in new Libertalia. The reputation track governs the tiebreakers now but you can quite easily end up with a selection of characters which don't interact with that track at all in the week. That means the person who is last on the track stays last and loses every tiebreaker. So if you didn't like getting hosed by tie breakers in old libertalia you are not going to like it in this.

Still it's good, nice components and some good additions in more dudes and different abilities on the treasures.

I guess the big question is: if I already have Libertalia is there a reason to get nuLibertalia?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

KVeezy3 posted:

Mysterium has no text and isn’t overly complicated. It’s better the closer you get to the max player count of 7 though

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

KVeezy3 posted:

I love 7 Wonders, but the "no necessary in-game text" is misleading -- all the cards have icons, and there's usually a scramble for the rulebook among the more infrequent players to remember what the more obscure icons mean. I eventually sleeved my cards with a paper slip explaining them so they'd be easily playable even by the occasional player.

Azul is totally language-independent outside of the initial teach, which is easy. The issue there is that after an hour or so it sort of drags; I don't find it fun to play over and over again like I do (say) 7 Wonders. Carcassonne (base set only; don't know about expansions) falls into the same category -- no in-game text.

It's older and problematic because of randomness, but Catan has simple and limited in-game text, though more than others mentioned.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Admiralty Flag posted:

I love 7 Wonders, but the "no necessary in-game text" is misleading -- all the cards have icons, and there's usually a scramble for the rulebook among the more infrequent players to remember what the more obscure icons mean. I eventually sleeved my cards with a paper slip explaining them so they'd be easily playable even by the occasional player.

Might be easy enough to print translated player aids from bgg, depending on the language.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Played a couple lightweight games with my wife and teenager on Sunday.

Long Shot: The Dice Game is a horse-racing roll-and-write. Think Camel (C)up but way more interactive. During the race you bet on horses, influence their position, and even outright buy the horse if you think it's going to do well. An added bonus of buying a horse is that whenever you roll its number you get a powerup to spend. There are obvious synergies to owning certain combinations of horses, and you can make tons of money from them without even laying down a single bet. Wife and I played it a bunch at 2p. Played once with the kid and she enjoyed it, but not as much as...

Kabuto Sumo. Pick your sumo wrestling bug (a little wooden beetle in a thong) from cards that denote special moves and abilities (and are full of regular and classic wrestling puns), place them in an arena and surround them with wooden disks of various size. On your turn, slowly slide your disk into the arena. Anything that falls out is yours to use in another round. If a bug falls, you win! It's like those quarter games at carnivals and the like where you try to drop your quarter into the path of a pusher, and the push might result in more quarters. In that light, my pushes took no more than a second to "plan" and deploy since there's an awful lot of chaos/luck involved. It's a cute icebreaker, but I'm not sure I'd pick it over Tok Tok Woodsman if given a choice.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

FulsomFrank posted:

I guess the big question is: if I already have Libertalia is there a reason to get nuLibertalia?

I'd say not really, it's fundamentally the same game. If you get a good deal on it then yeah.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

KVeezy3 posted:

I definitely agree these are good choices, some other light games that don’t rely on text are Skull, Condotierre, and Modern Art

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

KVeezy3 posted:

Barenpark would need someone to read/explain the rulebook, but it's not very complicated and the game and components are entirely language independent.

For Sale also would need someone to read the rules but then there's no further text, and it's also pretty simple.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mayveena posted:

I think Eric Lang really nailed it in the link I posted. They are always the victim somehow even though all the allegations against this rear end in a top hat are easily provable. He's a manual on how to be MAGA on the internet.

That explains it. Del Arroz saw GAMA, thought it said "MAGA" and signed up.

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?

Viper915 posted:

Barenpark would need someone to read/explain the rulebook, but it's not very complicated and the game and components are entirely language independent.

For Sale also would need someone to read the rules but then there's no further text, and it's also pretty simple.

For Sale is part of my trio of most common recommendations, along with No Thanks! and 6 Nimit! for this very reason: language free components combine with light games that still have interesting decisions, can be explained in thirty seconds, and are cheap and small footprint. They’re the most versatile games in my collection, aside from some party games.

Otherwise, look at some of the German publishers that handle their own distribution (eg. Queen). They components are often language free, and they include rules translations for 5-6 languages as a matter of expedience, so it can be worth the investigation.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Mysterium has no text and isn’t overly complicated. It’s better the closer you get to the max player count of 7 though

I find Mysterium is over designed and fiddly but they fixed that with Mysterium Park which is dead simple and just the art association mystery without the other junk.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

KVeezy3 posted:

Hey, thanks for reading the OP. I hope it was helpful. It was a lot of work. :sweatdrop:

I second every suggestion everyone else said, but also adding:

Kingdomino This game contains no language whatsoever, and only requires the ability to multiply. I'm making special mention of it because I played it again recently, and man this game is terrific, for new and experienced gamers alike. The only thing is that it's allegedly not great at exactly 3, better with 2 or 4.

High Society: This only requires the ability to read Arabic numerals and to do arithmetic. It's an auction game, so they are likely familiar with the idea of auction through pop cultural osmosis. This game is a classic, but is a bit cutthroat, so know your audience.

The Crew or The Crew: Deep Sea: They only require the ability to read Arabic numerals. If they have played trick tacking games before like Hearts or Whist, they'll be fine. If they haven't it might be just a scoche complex because of the way the trump suit must be followed with the trump suit if able. This game is actually not competitive, but cooperative. It's good if people don't want to fight, but can be bad if one person judgementally blames others for failing instead of taking it in stride.

edit: vvvvv This is completely fair and I didn't even think about it. A great game, though.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 9, 2022

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Magnetic North posted:

The Crew or The Crew: Deep Sea: They only require the ability to read Arabic numerals. If they have played trick tacking games before like Hearts or Whist, they'll be fine. If they haven't it might be just a scoche complex because of the way the trump suit must be followed with the trump suit if able. This game is actually not competitive, but cooperative. It's good if people don't want to fight, but can be bad if one person judgementally blames others for failing instead of taking it in stride.

I love these games and thought about including them in my recommendations, but I didn't because I disagree about them only requiring the ability to read numerals. The original has the logbook that explains the twist for each mission, which is all reading. You can sort of get around that by not using the logbook missions and kind of doing your own thing, but it's not really the whole game at that point. If someone is fluent enough to explain each mission you would probably be ok, but I still think it's got more reading than you might remember. The way Deep Sea does task cards means that you can forgo the logbook and still have a varied and interesting play experience (in fact, we usually just play deep sea as random rounds at whatever difficulty we're feeling good at). The downside to this is that it means most of the task cards include text. Some of them are simpler than others, but it's still definitely reading. I think Deep Sea might be easier than the original because explaining a few task cards each round is probably easier than trying to read the logbook tasks from the original. Both excellent games if the amount of reading is doable for your group.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Viper915 posted:

I love these games and thought about including them in my recommendations, but I didn't because I disagree about them only requiring the ability to read numerals. The original has the logbook that explains the twist for each mission, which is all reading. You can sort of get around that by not using the logbook missions and kind of doing your own thing, but it's not really the whole game at that point. If someone is fluent enough to explain each mission you would probably be ok, but I still think it's got more reading than you might remember. The way Deep Sea does task cards means that you can forgo the logbook and still have a varied and interesting play experience (in fact, we usually just play deep sea as random rounds at whatever difficulty we're feeling good at). The downside to this is that it means most of the task cards include text. Some of them are simpler than others, but it's still definitely reading. I think Deep Sea might be easier than the original because explaining a few task cards each round is probably easier than trying to read the logbook tasks from the original. Both excellent games if the amount of reading is doable for your group.

Yea I agree with this, it's a non-zero amount of reading and even in the first game we re-refer to the rulebook plenty to remind us what symbols mean.

Don't think I saw it suggested, but Point Salad is numerals and symbols/colours only for 99%, the occasional "most" or "least" is pretty much it beyond the vegetables' names. Even then, reading the names is not at all necessary.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

KVeezy3 posted:

These games, particularly the first two, are seminal board game classics, so hard to say you're going wrong with them.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

High Tension Wire posted:

Dale of Merchants is really really good imo. DoM 3 is propably the best if you only get one, but 2 is also really solid & I have them both.

The fact that you can use the cards as either building material for the win condition or for their printed effects gives them a lot of leeway and enables different strategies. My partner has won games by simply playing/rushing it like Lost Cities and never using any card effects. Also you buy stuff from the market to the top of your draw deck, not to your discard pile.

I seem to remember there was something like the second player gets to still play their last turn, even if the 1st player wins, but not sure. Hasn't felt unbalanced to me, would recommend.

Thanks, I'll definitely give it a go! It doesn't hurt that it's compact and cheap :)

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

Aramoro posted:

I was a bit worried about this as a fix for the monkey. I always thought the main issue with the monkey wasn't the fixed tiebreaker, but their ability to chain and how unavoidable they are. If the monkey got changed so their action was a dusk action, and was "Before collecting treasure, pass all curse tokens to the next highest pirate on the ship", the dusk rules change so everyone stays on the ship until all dusk actions are complete barring Spanish officers, and the monkey gets bumped up to rank 6 or so, it would fix a bunch of issues . The monkeys can no longer chain pass curses to someone. You can try to avoid them buy either getting above other people between you and the monkeys, or go below them, or Spanish officer your way off the ship. And monkeys are no longer a safe last round play if everyone else decides to duck under them and hit them with beggars, so people are more likely to try to play them earlier, giving people time to deal with the curses.

I know the monkeys aren't the only tiebreaker issue card, but I feel like they were the worst offender by a long margin, and you didn't need an entire new rule system to deal with them.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Ubik_Lives posted:

I was a bit worried about this as a fix for the monkey. I always thought the main issue with the monkey wasn't the fixed tiebreaker, but their ability to chain and how unavoidable they are. If the monkey got changed so their action was a dusk action, and was "Before collecting treasure, pass all curse tokens to the next highest pirate on the ship", the dusk rules change so everyone stays on the ship until all dusk actions are complete barring Spanish officers, and the monkey gets bumped up to rank 6 or so, it would fix a bunch of issues . The monkeys can no longer chain pass curses to someone. You can try to avoid them buy either getting above other people between you and the monkeys, or go below them, or Spanish officer your way off the ship. And monkeys are no longer a safe last round play if everyone else decides to duck under them and hit them with beggars, so people are more likely to try to play them earlier, giving people time to deal with the curses.

I know the monkeys aren't the only tiebreaker issue card, but I feel like they were the worst offender by a long margin, and you didn't need an entire new rule system to deal with them.

What? Just don't sit such that they're all in ascending order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
They don't need to all be in ascending order. A small run of monkeys is enough to take someone out of contention. I don't feel like I should have to deal out the decks in a reverse monkey order just to prevent them from ever lining up.