Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Qwijib0 posted:

Kenji has mustard in the recipe and I hate mustard (don't @ me) but the amount was so miniscule compared to the pound and half of cheese I assumed it was for some technical reasons not flavor and I couldn't taste it so victory

Your hunch is correct: mustard is an emulsifier so it helps create that smooth texture in the cheese sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a sexual elk posted:

On the subject of cooking what’s everyone making for Mother’s Day? I got 2 giant ribeyes marinading, defrosting some chicken bone stock to boil the taters, so all I got left is to shuck some ears of corn. Plus a decent amount of rendered bacon fat to add to everything

Gonna smoke a small pork shoulder about the size of a chuck roast. Also will make a Korean coleslaw to pair with it. Since my keto bread came out kinda small they'll be used for slider-style sandwiches.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BigPaddy posted:

So it is a leveraged buyout with the usual cut costs and try to exploit users to generate unrealistic new income streams. A classic no doubt and has worked approx zero times in the past.
Well it works for the leveraging company, like when Toys R Us got leveraged and robbed and closed and the investors made bank.

My work hours are 4PM ish to 4AM ish with an unpaid and FMCSA required 30 minute break somewhere after I drive for 3 hours and before i drive for 8 hours.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

On the subject of cooking what’s everyone making for Mother’s Day? I got 2 giant ribeyes marinading, defrosting some chicken bone stock to boil the taters, so all I got left is to shuck some ears of corn. Plus a decent amount of rendered bacon fat to add to everything

A big pot of beef bourguignon and some fresh bread!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cooking on a gas range for the first time in my life.

My god

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

My god

Every time I watched House Hunters and saw an electric range and the people are like well that's a dealbreaker and I nod sagely.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

No point in cooking if it ain't on gas, I say.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

My god

Ya when we got our house going from numbered electric all my life to gas was a little weird. Biggest thing was moving 7200 feet up a mountain, cooking at altitude sucks, takes 25% longer and poo poo doesn’t brown right. Food just dries out before it toasts/chars

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And here I thought I couldn't cook breakfast in the mountains because I was hung over as balls every time

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1523293046166605824?s=21

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I want an induction stove. The control of gas without the side effects.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

We’ve got one at my current station it’s pretty loving awesome

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My mom requested that the family come over and I do the meat and they’ll all bring drinks/sides for dinner but I have a golf league on Sundays that usually goes til 4 so I gotta do something relatively quick.

Gonna do Babish’s pork chops on the grill with his BBQ glaze, it just works so well. Gonna chuck them in a big tub of brine before I head out, and then just come back and toss them on the charcoal.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This is what I’m getting when I get the opportunity to choose a range. Gas is nice but I do have vague concerns about indoor air quality (and also burning a fossil fuel every time I want eggs). I have a stand-alone induction burner and it is great to use.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

induction users rule

gas stove users drool

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

This is what I’m getting when I get the opportunity to choose a range. Gas is nice but I do have vague concerns about indoor air quality (and also burning a fossil fuel every time I want eggs). I have a stand-alone induction burner and it is great to use.

Your concerns are well founded - There 's extensive research which proves that natural gas cookin' is legitimately terrible for air quality and personal health.

Most leak even when turned off :(

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

kiimo posted:

Every time I watched House Hunters and saw an electric range and the people are like well that's a dealbreaker and I nod sagely.

I had a gas stove for about six months of my life, and it was so good :negative:

Having just had this conversation in the Houses thread in HCH, I can say me and at least two other people are also planning to go to induction instead of gas (from electric) in the relative future.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Boiling water on a high powered induction cooktop is a revelation

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

a sexual elk posted:

My birthday is tomorrow so we celebrate Mother's Day and my birthday at the same time. Normally on Sunday my mom and I cook dinner for 5 adults and 2 kids because my sister brings her husband and kids over.

Today we ain't cooking poo poo, we're getting takeout sushi.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

This is the plan when we replace our current electric glass top. I can’t wait.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I forgot how funny 1 in like 4 of his are. They miss a lot but when they hit they're amazing

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1520783202398388225?s=20&t=C6gfDGy2W-eCgAgY-I7Vdg

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Amy Pole Her posted:

I forgot how funny 1 in like 4 of his are. They miss a lot but when they hit they're amazing

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1520783202398388225?s=20&t=C6gfDGy2W-eCgAgY-I7Vdg

Man, when you're a font nerd and say "Hey that's the Choose Your Own Adventure font", instead of "hey that's a funny picture".

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The superfluous apostrophe kills me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Braksgirl posted:

The superfluous apostrophe kills me.

I dont know why but the perfectly chosen "random" grammar mistakes are always what make me laugh the hardest

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Braksgirl posted:

The superfluous apostrophe kill's me.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:golfclap:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

A TFF goon (Cardinals fan, I want to say) got into a discussion about LED christmas lights color-matched to classic bulbs. If they are a chat thread reader, can you link whatever set was the gold standard you found?

Semi-long shot, but I'd rather ask here than dig through the HCH threads (bc I don't remember which one it was even in)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Blowjob Overtime posted:

A TFF goon (Cardinals fan, I want to say) got into a discussion about LED christmas lights color-matched to classic bulbs. If they are a chat thread reader, can you link whatever set was the gold standard you found?

Semi-long shot, but I'd rather ask here than dig through the HCH threads (bc I don't remember which one it was even in)

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUTx3uwuQFE

This was him as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQgcTkXacAc

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Yes, it was the tru tone bulbs

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ditto. I'd love to pull every gas product out of my home forever. Total nusiance.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I had a gas stove for about six months of my life, and it was so good :negative:

Having just had this conversation in the Houses thread in HCH, I can say me and at least two other people are also planning to go to induction instead of gas (from electric) in the relative future.

When we upgrade our oven we are going from a poo poo Whirlpool electric to a nice induction. We may even do that before we redo the kitchen since building materials are so loving ridiculous now.

Also, I work 6:30-2:30 nominally but I usually am at work anywhere from 6-6:15.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm not married to gas specifically, but rather the speed at which I can cook with gas. I did start opening the kitchen windows while cooking though, having read one too many studies about home air quality.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Dumb tech question that I want to ask here instead of SHSC:
My Edge browser can't connect to anything any more, it thinks every site is not secure. Including SA which as I post here in Chrome is obviously still working.
What happened was a followed an old link and it popped up a "click if you're not a robot" and I clicked and I got infected with something. It was sending notifications from notfcompreviews which isn't anything as far as I can tell. Then I ran Avast and cleared cookies and blocked whatever process was sending stuff to notfcompreviews and now nothing works.

also something like this happened to my dad and now he can't go to Costco.com on Chrome on his computer. all other sites are fine. :shrug:

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 8, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ditto. I'd love to pull every gas product out of my home forever. Total nusiance.

I want to get rid of gas too, but it seems I’m stuck with it for heating for now. I just put in a heat pump, but they’re only good into the 30’s. The. It’s either really expensive electric resistance or gas. I still plan to replace my stove and dryer so I could be gas free for about 8 months a year though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I’m a giant nerd who spent way too much to build a light saber in a ceremony but man this saber is dope

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Happy Mother's' Day from the Quiet Feet household!

It's also our anniversary today. Plans got thrown out of whack because our daughter got a cold. We ordered out for sushi last night (instead of going out) and I made an apple/strawberry crumble pie for later. Just doing spaghetti and meatballs tonight but going to try to plate it a little fancy if I can.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

Happy Mother's' Day from the Quiet Feet household!

It's also our anniversary today. Plans got thrown out of whack because our daughter got a cold. We ordered out for sushi last night (instead of going out) and I made an apple/strawberry crumble pie for later. Just doing spaghetti and meatballs tonight but going to try to plate it a little fancy if I can.

To plate it fancy use a ladle and a carving fork. Spin the spaghetti onto the fork and use the ladle to move the nest onto the plate.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

To make it extra fancy, make sure there are unlimited breadsticks, soup, and salad

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CannonFodder posted:

To plate it fancy use a ladle and a carving fork. Spin the spaghetti onto the fork and use the ladle to move the nest onto the plate.

Somehow we don't have a ladle in the house!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

To make it extra fancy, make sure there are unlimited breadsticks, soup, and salad

There will be garlic bread. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Anybody see Dr. Strange 2 yet? Between this and Star Wars 9 and Infinity War, I guess blockbusters have just evolved beyond the concept of having a coherent beginning to the movie.

Start in media res, dump maybe 3 minutes of exposition, then a giant squid shows up and we’re on our merry way. Might be one of the worst of the MCU, despite some fun Raimi-isms here and there.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 8, 2022