Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

124. The morality of multiple universes

125. Twelve hours

126. Union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've read TBC before but #123 was the point where I gave in and read the rest of the way to the end yesterday.

The whole hair situation from #124-126 is pretty amazing for each only being a week apart

and it's only more hilarious in #127-128

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan! Read right to left

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

same

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

My first day of teaching over there, nobody had told me that ticks meant "wrong" in East Asia, rather than "correct" like they do in the West.

I had a class of quite intelligent pupils freaking out about the first assignment they got back from me.

For future reference, circles mean "correct" there.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

This drawing has real One Saturday Morning vibes to it.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

And with this, the full cast is finally assembled

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The caption says "sort of like claws?" in Swedish

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Philippe posted:

The caption says "sort of like claws?" in Swedish

Or chlorine! But probably claws yeah

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 3: Silver Bullet
Chapter 25: Compromise

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just remembered the author notes that come with each strip so I'll be including those going forward:

Concerned

Panel 2: This woman says something similar to you when you play the game.
Panel 3: This citizen actually says "Don't drink the water. They put something in it that makes you forget." Frohman's line is a reference to this warning.

Panel 6: In the game, the beaches aren't crawling with tourists, but with Antlions, insect-like aliens.

Posing notes: The woman missing her husband, the water guy, and the citizen in panel 6 are all in-game characters; I just stuck the Frohman ragdoll in next to them. To get them to look at Frohman, I'd position myself near the Frohman ragdoll I'd posed, look at the citizen, and then tap the 'E' key, which prompts the living citizens to look at and speak to me. Then I'd snap the picture through the static camera, so it appears they are looking at Frohman (again, I'm in the shot, but invisible). The crowd of citizens are all live spawns.

Posing Notes: The guy sitting on the bench is a live character from the game. Getting the crowd to turn around was accomplished by simply triggering the camera (which has the same effect as firing a gun in terms of how they react -- by turning to look). I didn't pose Breen on the screen, it was just lucky to get him between sentences so it appears as if he is looking over as well.
In Panel 3, I screwed up. One of the models in the crowd was the model I use for Frohman (Model Male 7). I didn't notice this until I'd assembled the comic. I had to replace his face in Photoshop, and did a pretty poor job of it (third from the left in the finished comic). Also, the two right-most citizens were the same model, which is kind of lame.

"Abe Frohman, the sausage king of Chicago" is from "Ferris Beuhler's Day Off", a joke I added just so people wouldn't e-mail me telling me I should make an Abe Frohman joke.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oh hey, one of these Concerned comics was based on an Email I sent them, it will likely be a while before we get to it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

Transdimensional Brain Chip

Wait, Ulk is doing qanon??

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

some plague rats posted:

Wait, Ulk is doing qanon??

As this predates qanon by quite some time, it's fair to say that qanon ripped off Thorsby.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Thorsby : qanon :: pupkin : marry me

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Reading Softies for me is like watching Star Trek Picard: I'm doing it to see the fun new ways the creator(s) fall massively short of realizing their potential.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Baron von Eevl posted:

Thorsby : qanon :: pupkin : marry me

comics were a mistake

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Little Bubby Child

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Please don't doxx me

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

latest goatkcd is quite good

e: lets add the number: :nws: https://goatkcd.com/2616/

ChubbyChecker has a new favorite as of 22:11 on May 8, 2022

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

ChubbyChecker posted:

latest goatkcd is quite good

Reminded me of this one, which is in some sort of time capsule of perfection: (extremely :nws:)https://goatkcd.com/286/

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Man, this isn't where I expected "Scooby Doo does the Cronenberg Apocalypse" to go. Poor goddamn animals.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Kit Walker posted:

Reminded me of this one, which is in some sort of time capsule of perfection: (extremely :nws:)https://goatkcd.com/286/

lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

aw man he's hit bad times :(

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cant cook creole bream posted:

As this predates qanon by quite some time, it's fair to say that qanon ripped off Thorsby.

No I mean in the TBC universe the qanon conspiracy is actually just a correct assessment of what Ulf did

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Kit Walker posted:

:nws: https://goatkcd.com/2581/ :nws:

is pretty good as well

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

World Famous W posted:

Please don't doxx me
Changing up your hair is easy with this one Splicer tested and approved method: male pattern baldness :smith:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lol

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Splicer posted:

Changing up your hair is easy with this one Splicer tested and approved method: male pattern baldness :smith:
Yeeeeeeah, that's why I went from having long hair to shaving my head.

But hey I use a lot less shampoo and conditioner now so it saves money at least

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

e-dt posted:

stop emailing me

This one was always hard to parse at the end. I'm not sure if you're supposed to read Ray in the last panel as being depressed that Beef left or drunkenly (and possibly stonedly) content watching a kid's cartoon because that's the kind of Chill he has.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Gnoman posted:

This one was always hard to parse at the end. I'm not sure if you're supposed to read Ray in the last panel as being depressed that Beef left or drunkenly (and possibly stonedly) content watching a kid's cartoon because that's the kind of Chill he has.

He's drunkenly depressed because Beef left and he yelled at him, and he's watching a kids cartoon because he couldn't turn the parental controls off to watch adult TV.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Whomp - Where history comes alive - only to be electrocuted

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Mmm, there's that difference between potential and actual

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Why would that small child have seen Akira?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

HAmbONE posted:

Why would that small child have seen Akira?

Kids pirate and love old poo poo that everything references. Zoomers don't give a poo poo what's old or new.