Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

https://youtu.be/FHobEewLB_g

finally a real track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Thanks Ants posted:

Were you not inspired by the Mission Winnow story?
As a connoisseur of propaganda I genuinely was and I thought it was fascinating. Edward Bernays would have been proud. #forzawinnow

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Bad track bad race

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As a connoisseur of propaganda

Just call yourself “terminally online” like the rest of us you pretentious weirdo.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
I bought some rokit energy juice from the poundshop a while back. I think it was passionfruit flavour? Anyway it was poo poo like all energy drinks. 25p I'll never get back

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

is there gonna be an incredibly american anthem ceremony tonight? with jets flying over, hamburgers fired out their missile pods, a giant jesus on a cross being parachuted in? stuff like that? i really hope so.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm expecting a shooting to open the proceedings

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

is there gonna be an incredibly american anthem ceremony tonight? with jets flying over, hamburgers fired out their missile pods, a giant jesus on a cross being parachuted in? stuff like that? i really hope so.

the original plans were for seal team 6 to parachute down and shoot out mazepins tires but unfortunately they’re going to have to shoot at latifi instead

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

quote:

“I think most importantly the surface is a joke,” said Perez when asked by Autosport if there will be any passing in the race.

“Tomorrow the racing is going be difficult. And you're going to have the drivers making mistakes because we've been put into this situation.”

In addition to Perez's comments, Fernando Alonso said that the track surface was “not F1 standards”, while Lando Norris suggested that it was “not good enough.”

Alonso revealed that the subject had been discussed in Friday night’s drivers’ briefing, and that the lack of grip had not improved on Saturday.

“It's still very difficult to go offline,” he said. “There's like rubble out of line, so it's going to be difficult. We said yesterday that the track, the tarmac, is not F1 standards.

“Nothing we can do. I think this weekend we need to put the show, but this has to change for next year. It's very difficult to race like this.”

:whitewater: I blame Florida

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
it is going to change for next year by being even dumber in Las Vegas

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

ArmZ posted:

:whitewater: I blame Florida

I mean what do you expect when you race in a third world country

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
maybe stop holding F1 races in parking lots like a bunch of weekend racers doing autocross

new rule, any races that are done in parking lots means all teams have to race using Miatas with liberal use of traffic cones.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

maybe stop holding F1 races in parking lots like a bunch of weekend racers doing autocross

new rule, any races that are done in parking lots means all teams have to race using Miatas with liberal use of traffic cones.

new idea. spec miata/mx-5 races on saturdays to decide the grid instead of qualy, at every track.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

new idea. spec miata/mx-5 races on saturdays to decide the grid instead of qualy, at every track.

:hmmyes:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Apparently the GA tickets are awful for this race and you can’t see anything, which is not that surprising given the lack of any elevation.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Listen to this man FIA you cowards

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

You fixed monaco

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

smackfu posted:

Apparently the GA tickets are awful for this race and you can’t see anything, which is not that surprising given the lack of any elevation.
florida

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Apparently, Florida is awful.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

for monaco they also have to race that car

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Monaco should be all karts, all the time. Maybe do a hot lap shootout in F1 cars as a sideshow.

Anyway, looking forward to a glorious 1-2 finish by the legendary Scuderia today. Carlos can even win if he is feeling up to it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The messed up part is that they actually did used to do autocross in those lots years ago and it was great because it was a huge space but the stadium raised the price and then stopped permitting autocross there. Now there are 0 autocross spaces in Miami aside from one kart track so all the events are like 2 hours away now.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

marshalljim posted:

Apparently, Florida is awful.

ftfy

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

smackfu posted:

that what you get for buying Georgia tickets for a Miami race

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think it's actually the entire nation of Germany who failed Our Sir Lewis. First they build Nordstream and now this? They may be a lovely polite people with a peaceful history but they have a lot to atone for this year.

Also, I heard that a car company from the same great country as the great Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. did well in a car race quali today. Congrats to whoever that was!

Also yes it is a totally dominant chad move for Sir Lewis to have a dick piercing and to tell us all about it. He's epic.

Also I have a theorem to postulate herein. I have formulated this after viewing many unjustified critical posts about Our Dan. I propose that it is not moral to cheer for or badmouth a driver based on their driving performance. Sir Lewis was and is the most righteous driver because of his fashion sense and dedication to righteous causes and his achievement of ending racism (as opposed to the sport of F1 which merely seconded it) and climate change. Dan is a very good driver because he's cute and funny. Max is the worst driver because of his infamous historic behavior on and off track. The fact of Max's WDC -- its legitimacy aside -- does not make him a good driver, just as his lack of WDC prior did not make him a bad driver. To believe a driver is good based on their driving performance is to subscribe to the long discredited Victorian world view of Social Darwinism, survival of the fittest. This is a crime of sports fandom, it is wrong. Might does not make right, but having a dick piercing does.

Just interrupting this presumably medicinally fuelled fever dream to say that I appreciate your posts. As you were.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The race in a flat tasteless dishonest place is bad? Don’t worry, we’re going to Vegas next! It’ll be totally different

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

f1 pikes peak when?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

we need the montana grand prix, through the 'going to the sun road' in glacier national park. some stats:

Without stopping, it takes approximately 2 hours to drive the full 50 miles of Going-to-the-Sun Road. (most f1 drivers would be faster than this)
Logan Pass is the highest point on Going-to-the-Sun Road at 6,646 feet (2,026 m). (great place for a pitlane)
Logan Pass is 32 miles (51.5 km) from the west entrance and 18 miles (29 km) from the east entrance.

if you go all the way to Logan Pass on the west side, you gain 3,431′ in elevation over 32 miles. If you go to Logan Pass from St. Mary, you gain 2,198′ in elevation over 18 miles

might get a little crowded, but we already have monaco so whatever

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

we need the montana grand prix, through the 'going to the sun road' in glacier national park. some stats:

Without stopping, it takes approximately 2 hours to drive the full 50 miles of Going-to-the-Sun Road. (most f1 drivers would be faster than this)
Logan Pass is the highest point on Going-to-the-Sun Road at 6,646 feet (2,026 m). (great place for a pitlane)
Logan Pass is 32 miles (51.5 km) from the west entrance and 18 miles (29 km) from the east entrance.

if you go all the way to Logan Pass on the west side, you gain 3,431′ in elevation over 32 miles. If you go to Logan Pass from St. Mary, you gain 2,198′ in elevation over 18 miles

I see Lewis has already gotten in there.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I've biked this and also driven it. there's a lot of rock fall on the road. ride height might be an issue. :xd:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How would that make a loop

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ilmucche posted:

turn around at the ends duh

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

ilmucche posted:

the circuit could loop down to highway 2, and back to the park entrance on the west side

probably just one lap i guess

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Road America, no garages, pit crews work in the elements

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I’m not sure why we trusted Florida to host a F1 race.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kirios posted:

I’m not sure why we trusted Florida

ftfy

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This course is dishonourable

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the tires are outlasting the track, they're going to memoryhole this thing so loving hard not even crofty will accidentally mention it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We'll get two red flags for crashes and another one to resurface an apex