Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Its in the install queue behind NBA 22 lol rofl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Honestly I found Anthem to be tons of fun. The problem is that it takes an absolute eternity to load. And not only is the loading bad but you need to do so much of it.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Ryoga posted:

Honestly I found Anthem to be tons of fun. The problem is that it takes an absolute eternity to load. And not only is the loading bad but you need to do so much of it.

This is exactly the reason I usually drop games mid playthrough. I’m so easily distracted with anything that when I stare at a progress bar I need to actively think about not starting something new.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Anthem owns if you play Interceptor and avoid using guns, mixing combos with flight never gets old

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ryoga posted:

I think maybe an ssd install helps a ton there but good luck finding people to play with.

The game had some neat idea to do with picking up ammo, I can't remember what it was though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

See also: The Avengers where installing to ssd fixes the loading pretty much entirely, but any hdd-based players will make your life hell all over again

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I still can’t play my god drat games

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

nom epique posted:

Its in the install queue behind NBA 22 lol rofl.

I was cloud streaming this and bricking all my shots, so I deleted 3 games to install it.. Certainly it had to be lag from xcloud so I load up a game on the local drive and i was still bricking all my shots. Then I made an 7 foot 6 guy with monster arms and you dont have to time a meter when you dunk on em.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ruffian Price posted:

Anthem owns if you play Interceptor and avoid using guns, mixing combos with flight never gets old

For real they had some great animations, especially going airborne, it felt so good. Interceptor was fast and legit fun! It’s just a shame there was only two months of actual game development that shipped.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RandolphCarter posted:

I still can’t play my god drat games

I got in about 2 hours ago for awhile. Aside from a few minutes this morning it's been out since yesterday. None of the tricks people have offered online has helped. Sucks man.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Was live going down a reginal thing? Because I live in Southern Illinois and I had no problems at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Was live going down a reginal thing? Because I live in Southern Illinois and I had no problems at all.

Im assuming it is cause Japan is fine.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lammasu posted:

I guess so. Certainly has been a problem in Seattle area. it seems to be somewhat stabilized for me right now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Decided to dust off my xbox for the first time in months today and I couldn't get on at all (Denver)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I’ve been playing Civ 6 all day with no issues (Australia)

For some reason Civ 6 is available despite the fact I don’t own it and it’s not on GamePass

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

webmeister posted:

For some reason Civ 6 is available despite the fact I don’t own it and it’s not on GamePass

Does somebody else you know own it who may have your console set as their home console?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

webmeister posted:

It's one of their free weekend plays or whatever it's called.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

In case anyone wants assassins creed Valhalla it’s $25 @ woot right now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

otter posted:

In case anyone wants assassins creed Valhalla it’s $25 @ woot right now.

I think it's really hosed up to help people find cheap ways to self-harm

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Yeah, Civ 6 is free to play this weekend.

Re : Valhalla, I bought it a year ago when it was 50% off but only played for an hour or 3. I was having fun and suddenly I wasn't having fun anymore, no idea what happened. I think it's because the English countryside is a bit boring, coming from Odyssey.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

1glitch0 posted:

It's one of their free weekend plays or whatever it's called.

Right that makes sense, thanks! I played it to death on PC so I’ll just grab a few cheevos and delete

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I haven't had any issues at all with connectivity to game pass games or otherwise, haven't tried anything multiplayer. (Dallas, TX)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If I didn't read about it on the forums I would have had no idea people were apparently having problems with their xboxes

Anyway I'm still playing lots of Resident Evil 2 while I wait for the patch, but Hitman 3 sounds pretty tempting. Maybe if I get fired I can find time for Dying Light or half the stuff on game pass lol

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
I had a lot of problems getting access to the Hitman campaigns last night on Game Pass. That must also have been the connectivity issues, because suddenly it started working.

And drat, the hitman missions are cool

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The last hitman achievements I need are for the sniper mode. My hands are too dumb to do it on controller (did most of them on pc in hitman 2)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holy gently caress xbox live has not been this busted in YEARS

i can't play half my games because they can't sync, the narrator is apparently on for everything even though i never enabled it and even went in to settings and made sure it was not on, it's asking me to connect to xbox live even though i am connected

the gently caress is going on

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sounds like user error.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Must be all those fortnite dinguses running around wrecking the servers with their pickaxes and stolen dance routines

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I honestly feel kind of bad that everything is working fine for me. What could cause State by state outages like this?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah it's absolutely wild. I haven't had one issue all weekend.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's pretty simple actually. We are the chosen ones and Lord Phil is rewarding us for our dedication to the brand.

If you've experienced issues it's probably because your faith has faltered.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
*looks around nervously* xbox stays winning

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Probably the Russians

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I’m in Oklahoma City and the previous 2 days I couldn’t launch any digital/gamepass game, it would say I didn’t own that game or my gamepass had expired. I haven’t tried to get on today but the Xbox Live status page isn’t reporting problems, but people on twitter and Reddit are still reporting issues. I guess Microsoft must have hosed something up in the backend trying to change something relating to how game ownership is flagged on your account.

1glitch0 posted:

Sup xbox ESO friend!

Word, add Spacejim3000 (or Swampcoward my character name) if you want to gently caress up some world bosses or something

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

*looks around nervously* xbox stays winning

This made me laugh 😊

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I've had zero problems.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Zero issues in Western Europe. I've been playing games 24/7.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

John F Bennett posted:

drat dude, get some sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

John F Bennett posted:

See I understand it being okay on different continents but a patchwork in the US seems weird. Anyone in Canada have any issues?