Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

gleebster posted:

They already did that.

"Hey, where did those weird creatures say they were from again?"
"Uh lemme see, the pic has a star system with... onetwothree... nine planets."
"Dang, this one only has eight and a crap ton of asteroids. Oh well, maybe we'll find 'em one day."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, but I mean, nobody's gonna come running at the sight of that nerd

Turn your monitor on

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hello alien star-sailor!:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k3Ip7Uqw6k

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Knormal posted:

That anaconda don't want none unless you're ce-ta-cean.

lol

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Updated for the modern era.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220508-mexican-tiger-fight-ritual-draws-blood-to-bring-rain

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
“Looks pretty dry, huh? Maybe we should get out the tiger suits and whips, don’t you think? Huh? Tiger suit, anybody? Sucks that we have to do this, but it’s so goddamn dry.”

“It rained yesterday, Tiger Suit Georg.”

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Updated for the modern era.

Perfection

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Not perfect. Left the virgin Pluto on there.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also didnt make the hyperfine hydrogen stuff in the upper left into a boobie or balls joke.

or maybe Chad is infact a sophisticated and smart alpha and gets it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I think those are jaguar costumes, not tigers. Tigers aren't native to Central America.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Yeah, nary a stripe in sight.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I think those are jaguar costumes, not tigers. Tigers aren't native to Central America.
Well no wonder it hasn't rained, someone needs to teach that village what a tiger looks like.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The celestial rain jaguars are looking down and :randno:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1524781001691615232?s=20&t=6ywx_ynwpRcNghuuUAYUWg

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

But Lowtax' location was never a mystery?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

By popular demand posted:

But Lowtax' location was never a mystery?

Supermassive black hole, not rear end in a top hat

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Alls i know it sucks massively.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

By popular demand posted:

Alls i know it sucks massively.

Lowtax only sucked lead.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Dick yanka sucked poo poo every day

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
That's really bloody neat.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Ok dumb question here: how do scientists “discover” anything that large? Is the area that uninhabited that people aren’t around to notice it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Ok dumb question here: how do scientists “discover” anything that large? Is the area that uninhabited that people aren’t around to notice it.
Usually it's more like documented it, because the locals have always known it's there but no one who cares has ever asked them about it before. Most people who travel through the area aren't going to have more than a passing interest in the local big hole and maybe snap a few pictures, but aren't going to get super involved in it and write up a press release.

Alternatively yes it's in a super remote area where no one's ever noticed it before and the forest has hidden it from aerial photography, but considering that village seems super well developed that's probably not the case here. That looks like the hole in question a bit to the west of the Google marker, unless that's a pond.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Sometimes scientists discover things in the sense that Columbus discovered America. People living in the area can know about the big hole in their sinkhole prone area, but nobody bothered to call the university in the city to tell the scientists about it. Because why would you? The big sinkhole that's been around for generations isn't news, just don't fall into it.

It isn't news until the right kind of scientist hears about it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sometimes scientists discover things in the sense that Columbus discovered America. People living in the area can know about the big hole in their sinkhole prone area, but nobody bothered to call the university in the city to tell the scientists about it. Because why would you? The big sinkhole that's been around for generations isn't news, just don't fall into it.

It isn't news until the right kind of scientist hears about it.
"Scientists discover" is definitely the wrong terminology but I am cracking up at "information previously only known to a small amount of people being disseminated to the larger population" not counting as "news".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
To them it's olds, really

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's only news if it sells ads, otherwise it's sparkling information.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

'Victorian lesbians inspired my fashion sense'

Hell, same

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Don’t doxx me

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The cop that showed up or the one already there?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

''I've never seen a situation so dismal that a policeman couldn't make it worse.'' - Brendan Behan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well, did it stop the domestic violence?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/joJsXvY.gifv

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What in god's name is actually happening here anyway

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

aurora borealis

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's using a hand crank to fold up one of those giant flags they bring out on sports fields during the national anthem. At least that's how it was explained to me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A hand crank huh.

What is the name of that meme? I'd love to know more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Just google "pig cranking it to the US flag;" that can't generate that many hits, right.