Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Did she even call a car? I assumed she was just pointing to a random car so he would look away so she could escape.

I assumed she did call him one, then pointed at a random one when she was trying to go back inside and Gene started begging her to stay out with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

NoHo Hank for Patches in a live action FromSoft story.

hell yah

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Takes No Damage posted:

I assumed she did call him one, then pointed at a random one when she was trying to go back inside and Gene started begging her to stay out with him.

This is how I read the scene.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Granted, this is in an episode where they purposefully break the fourth wall several times with clearly unrealistic yet clever writing. The car wreck is maybe in that vein and the direction/speed is :thejoke:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
My read on the car accident was that Barry was manic and not looking where he was going and the other car was turning a bit too fast into the restaurant parking lot.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I think we can get a few more pages of car crash chat before the new ep drops.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Writers room: “and then like, a car crashes into Barry BANG that’d be cool”

Goons: “So I did some calculations and insurance wise, it’s about a 70/30 split on who’s at fault”

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Don't we see Barry driving for Uber in the season opener?

Another Bill posted:

My read on the car accident was that Barry was manic and not looking where he was going and the other car was turning a bit too fast into the restaurant parking lot.

Yeah this is a more than sufficient explanation beyond the actual explanation of it'd be funny

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think we can get a few more pages of car crash chat before the new ep drops.

So can a math goon estimate the actual intensity of the crash. Uber guy going into the parking lot was going around 20 mph I’m guessing and his car was about a ton. Barry was in a mid size and accelerating. 30 mph about the time of impact? Both were wearing seat belts but whiplash is a bitch. We should gather math goons AND med goons immediately. I have some questions:
1) mathematical formula for deciding
2) estimated damage to cars
3) estimated injury
4) recovery time
5) monetary value of both injury to person and car
6) what kind of insurance policy would cover this and would this raise their rates?

poo poo… we might need an insurance goon on this case as well

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 8, 2022

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

This is why I still read TVIV.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
did barry exchange car insurance information after the crash? you can always tell the measure of someone's character by how they respond to an accident

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I look forward to the next episode dropping all plotlines to focus on the lawsuit to follow the car crash.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Barry s03e03 A bottle episode consisting entirely of an insurance adjuster investigating the crash from his cubicle.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LMAO at the exaggerated press junket thing tonight.

Obviously the show joke was how short they were, when they actually aren’t, but from hearing actors and directors talk about these they do sound truly miserable.

It’s hours and hours of sitting in the same place with media folks coming in one after the other and often asking the same questions. And at times, weird questions, and inane questions.

For hours.

e: also LMAO at “Yonny Rocket’s”

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
I'd pay good money to see a Spidey movie starring Ben Mendelsohn.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

That kid actor is loving killing it. Which makes me feel like poo poo for not catching her name in these past 3 episodes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's so hosed that the scene in the show they are in is Barry being a pharma exec who killed Gene's wife. I did like that it allows for a double entendre when they are in the trailer. At first you think it's Barry actually saying he's sorry to Gene for killing his girlfriend, and then you realize it's just the line from the scene they are doing.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The slow drip of details about hit procedural Laws of Humanity is maybe my favorite running gag this season.

"Mr. Manity..."
"Please, call me Hugh."

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

"Its a bomb I got off of dark web" was an incredible bit.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

Especially Hank giving the box that sidewise glance when it started beeping.

Speaking of facial expressions, Henry Winkler's stonefaced death glare was amazing.

Cojawfee posted:

It's so hosed that the scene in the show they are in is Barry being a pharma exec who killed Gene's wife. I did like that it allows for a double entendre when they are in the trailer. At first you think it's Barry actually saying he's sorry to Gene for killing his girlfriend, and then you realize it's just the line from the scene they are doing.

And of course Gene's one line has to be "I accept your apology."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

oh jay posted:

That kid actor is loving killing it. Which makes me feel like poo poo for not catching her name in these past 3 episodes.

She was great in castle rock.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

xbilkis posted:

The slow drip of details about hit procedural Laws of Humanity is maybe my favorite running gag this season.

"Mr. Manity..."
"Please, call me Hugh."

I laughed out loud at this. Along with an internal chuckle at everyone being like "Oh, you got on Laws of Humanity? That's a good show."

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

That bit at the end is a huge fourth wall breaker about how the audience interprets things.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Problematic Pigeon posted:

I'd pay good money to see a Spidey movie starring Ben Mendelsohn.

Specifically his character from Killing Them Softly.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

xbilkis posted:

"Mr. Manity..."
"Please, call me Hugh."

That was a :lol: for me as well.

limp_cheese posted:

Dude got scammed, the Anarchist's Cookbook is freely available on textfiles.com :rolleyes:

demostars
Apr 8, 2020
I'm guessing with how early things are Cousineau isn't getting written off "Laws of Humanity," but does anyone else think that the delivery of his off-script line is reminiscent of Barry's delivery of his line in Hamlet in S1? Both are reliving one of their most traumatic moments while acting, but Gene, either through rustiness or being at root a worse actor than Barry, breaks from what he's "supposed" to say. Albeit, the flipside this time seems that instead of Barry helping Sally out with his incredibly dramatic delivery impressing her agent, all Gene will be subject to is having to spend more time on set with the person that killed his girlfriend :(

Also, it's a bit weird to me that Barry seems to be the title character to this "Laws of Humanity" show but he just got hired on? Are procedural dramas like that where a character name like "Hugh Manity" just gets passed between actors like "James Bond" would be? I've never voluntarily sat down for one so it strikes me as odd but still plausible.

demostars fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 9, 2022

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

demostars posted:

Also, it's a bit weird to me that Barry seems to be the title character to this "Laws of Humanity" show but he just got hired on? Are procedural dramas like that where a character name like "Hugh Manity" just gets passed between actors like "James Bond" would be? I've never voluntarily sat down for one so it strikes me as odd but still plausible.
Hugh Manity was the lawyer sitting on the front of his desk, facing Cousineau. Barry was the one who addressed Manity by name when he entered the room behind Cousineau and put his hand on his shoulder.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Right, it's the first lawyer's firm in the show, that's why it's called Laws of Hugh Manity :cool:

demostars
Apr 8, 2020

emgeejay posted:

Hugh Manity was the lawyer sitting on the front of his desk, facing Cousineau. Barry was the one who addressed Manity by name when he entered the room behind Cousineau and put his hand on his shoulder.

My bad, misremembered the scene :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am absolutely 100% on board with watching Fuches trying to put together an army of vengeance panthers.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

The phone call scenes between LA and Chechnya should have had drastically different sunlight. Deducting one star from my rating for this week's episode. :colbert:

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Loving how everyone is making apologies for Barry

Hard to watch the kiddo do it, funny to watch Hank do it.

Really Well written poo poo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"And you say this happened to a friend of yours?"

loving lost it at that. And holy poo poo, I totally missed the Hugh Manity joke, wow. That's a great one. I can perfectly picture Bill Hader laughing at that when it's pitched during a writing session.

Also, the main guy in Hank's crew I just recognized from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul. He's Gus' doctor, Barry Goodman (lol).

Barry and BCS are my current two favourite shows and that's a neat link.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:13 on May 9, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

barry you are a real one okay?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Barry was just having bad day

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Another Bill posted:

Your avatar reminds me that I loved hearing just a liiiiittle bit of Bill when Fuches was running to the phone.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Another Bill posted:

Oh yeah, he yelled at all of us in class and said he killed some people, but

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Your avatar reminds me that I loved hearing just a liiiiittle bit of Bill when Fuches was running to the phone.

Holy shiiiiit I've never put two and two together but playing the voices back in my head omg Stephen Root is Bill!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Holy shiiiiit I've never put two and two together but playing the voices back in my head omg Stephen Root is Bill!

I mean no snark by this, but I'm still amazed that people are continuing to learn this in 2022.

Stephen Root has done a ton of stuff, but I think Bill is his longest running gig, might be one of his more well-known. And now it's even MORE well-known!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm rewatching KotH right now and not only is Stephen Root playing Bill and Buck Strickland, he also just contributes tons of voices all over the show. He's basically KotH's Harry Shearer.