Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wish they wouldn't race in regressive shithole countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shyduck posted:

agreed take Silverstone off the map

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

shyduck posted:

there would be exactly zero races on the calendar

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The only good thing about this farce of a race is I was flying while it was going on.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I mean, it was a boring race, but like half the calendar is boring races.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Man sports vs manlet sports

Edit: Lewis is held in front like a medium sized fish you caught

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hope I can be this happy one day

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bip Roberts posted:

Man sports vs manlet sports

Edit: Lewis is held in front like a medium sized fish you caught

lol Jordan's massive hand

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

This was me during the race (until the last 15 laps)

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Very annoyed that Red Bull is going to walk to the title since they have that straight line speed advantage to negate any DRS advantage

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

think this about sums today up

holy poo poo lol

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
How did Alonso get relegated to #11? The five seconds penalty should have put him still slightly ahead of Albon on #9. On track he finished ahead of Ocon
https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2022/races/1110/united-states/race-result.html

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

garbage race, garbage track, garbage race winner

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

BabyFur Denny posted:

How did Alonso get relegated to #11? The five seconds penalty should have put him still slightly ahead of Albon on #9. On track he finished ahead of Ocon
https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2022/races/1110/united-states/race-result.html

They talked about it at the end of the race that he was being looked at for going off track and gaining an advantage. Something about going straight through the chicane I think.

E: Ah yes I just did a search and he got a second 5 second penalty at T14

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’d like to that that f1 at least made indycar look good today but today probably made Motorsport look bad as a whole.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

You Am I posted:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

You Am I posted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Max Super Max

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

You Am I posted:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

New thread title

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Biggest event in the world BABYEE

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Spaced God posted:

there would be exactly zero races on the calendar

Spa, Zandvoort, Paul Ricard and Suzuka on repeat. Maybe also throw in Germany and South Korea again.

Have there ever been races in the Nordics or Finland? Throw those in, too.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Are you saying the country that loves Zwarte Piet is not a regressive shithole?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Races should be held at circuits most likely to break the Red Bull engines

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Aphex- posted:

Are you saying the country that loves Zwarte Piet is not a regressive shithole?

They already officially changed him to a chimney sweeper, what more do the Anglos want?

I will get angry about Zwarte Piet again once Americans begin agitating against Santa's elves. Until then, I will categorize the Netherlands as a progressive shithole, comparatively speaking, thank you very much.

I have no excuses for Belgium

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I affirm my previous stand of: "What a shithole country"

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Deltasquid posted:

They already officially changed him to a chimney sweeper, what more do the Anglos want?

I will get angry about Zwarte Piet again once Americans begin agitating against Santa's elves. Until then, I will categorize the Netherlands as a progressive shithole, comparatively speaking, thank you very much.

I have no excuses for Belgium

lmao, the netherlands is a deeply racist shithole, if you still think there is anything progressive about it you haven't been paying attention for the last like 30 years. the biggest political party (right wing business ghouls) only grew after a scandal broke out about racial profiling in government institutions. the dutch public literally rewarded them for having a blacklist of foreign sounding names and denying them government support that they were entitled to.

this is also why chud shitheads max and jos verstappen are such perfect representatives of the country that consists mostly of racist morons with a huge superiority complex.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Deltasquid posted:

Spa, Zandvoort, Paul Ricard and Suzuka on repeat. Maybe also throw in Germany and South Korea again.

Have there ever been races in the Nordics or Finland? Throw those in, too.

By any chance have you been off piste skiing recently

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Sab0921 posted:

Very annoyed that Red Bull is going to walk to the title since they have that straight line speed advantage to negate any DRS advantage
I remember not to long ago that people in this thread were complaining about DRS still being used at all. And hey, the advantage isn't that big - Perez had trouble closing up the gap to Sainz during the entire race and Leclerc managed to stay very close to Verstappen until just before the end when he decided it wasn't going to happen and he'd better ensure he'd at least finish the race in P2. It's still quite early in the season, anything can happen.

nawilo_420 posted:

lmao, the netherlands is a deeply racist shithole, if you still think there is anything progressive about it you haven't been paying attention for the last like 30 years
I'm sure the firmly entrenched rights to abortion (which is actually becoming less restrictive still as a result of two bills proposed by, among others, the "right wing business ghouls"), euthanasia and same sex marriage (the latter two, incidentally, having been introduced within the last 30 years and being world-firsts if I'm not mistaken) do not count for anything at all. Nor does a judiciary that, for example, has effectively told the government to do more about combating climate change. The Netherlands is obviously just as bad as [insert country of choice here].

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Another cool thing that happened recently in the progressive netherlands is that it turned out that the official Dutch counter-terrorism agency NCTV kept tabs on a political party called DENK because DENK had the temerity to suggest that there is anti-muslim racism in the Netherlands lmao

quote:

In 2017, the NCTV warned that DENK promotes the idea that Muslims in the Netherlands are treated differently than non-Muslims, which "can fuel mistrust of government and potentially fuel anti-democratic tendencies."

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pretty bad race but at least it led to a thrilling political discussion. Thank you.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Like Miami, one day soon The Netherlands will be swallowed by the sea. Really makes you think.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Pretty bad race but at least it led to a thrilling political discussion. Thank you.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I've found something to unite the thread and bring harmony, a cast iron cookware brand from the Netherlands

https://www.combekk.com/about

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If I'm honest if someone said name a people known for being able to remove the impurities from recycled stainless steel so that it would warrant a 49 euro price tag for a milk pan then it wouldn't be the dutch.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

ilmucche posted:

By any chance have you been off piste skiing recently

Just heavy drinking

Sombrerotron posted:

I remember not to long ago that people in this thread were complaining about DRS still being used at all. And hey, the advantage isn't that big - Perez had trouble closing up the gap to Sainz during the entire race and Leclerc managed to stay very close to Verstappen until just before the end when he decided it wasn't going to happen and he'd better ensure he'd at least finish the race in P2. It's still quite early in the season, anything can happen.

I'm sure the firmly entrenched rights to abortion (which is actually becoming less restrictive still as a result of two bills proposed by, among others, the "right wing business ghouls"), euthanasia and same sex marriage (the latter two, incidentally, having been introduced within the last 30 years and being world-firsts if I'm not mistaken) do not count for anything at all. Nor does a judiciary that, for example, has effectively told the government to do more about combating climate change. The Netherlands is obviously just as bad as [insert country of choice here].

Adding to this, the Dutch judiciary ruled that oil companies incorporated in the Netherlands (which a lot of them are for tax reasons) could be held directly liable by citizens for climate change, which is a groundbreaking judgment and sufficiently spooked them that a lot of those companies are looking to move HQ elsewhere. But yeah, Americans think every country must be just as bad or even worse than their own

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Deltasquid posted:

Just heavy drinking

Adding to this, the Dutch judiciary ruled that oil companies incorporated in the Netherlands (which a lot of them are for tax reasons) could be held directly liable by citizens for climate change, which is a groundbreaking judgment and sufficiently spooked them that a lot of those companies are looking to move HQ elsewhere. But yeah, Americans think every country must be just as bad or even worse than their own

I'm dutch myself you absolute moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Shut up about the sub-sea level Germans.

This is almost as bad as watch chat