Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

an actual frog posted:

Geniunely livid tbh

Cars? hate 'em

That's the 2019 model, the 2022 one is 1.5 inches taller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

jetz0r posted:

It's okay they'll just mandate front cameras after they get another foot taller

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

jetz0r posted:

they wanted to get the last kid

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
the countries most influenced by murdoch's media empire all have terminal brainworms

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Might have been posted here but behind the wheel of a Tahoe you can’t see an average sized five year old until they’re fifteen feet away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDH3FDfVQl0

The framing here is amazing

it's fine, they solved that problem by adding front-facing cameras, something that owners 10 years from now will surely prioritize replacing on their decade old truck if they die

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

*some extremely car-brain guy kramers into the thread* ah, so what did amsterdam do, just tell all the car owners to GO SOMEWHERE AND DIE?

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

*some extremely car-brain guy kramers into the thread* ah, so what did amsterdam do, just tell all the car owners to GO SOMEWHERE AND DIE?

The car brain response to photos like this is generally "[city name] is not Amsterdam!!" even though yeah it basically is

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Polo-Rican posted:

The car brain response to photos like this is generally "[city name] is not Amsterdam!!" even though yeah it basically is

Most of Amsterdam is newer than many American cities.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Most of Amsterdam is newer than many American cities.

In the US we don't rebuild or modernize areas, we just build a new place ten miles up the road for rich people and everyone else gets their old neighborhoods once they move.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

In the US we don't rebuild or modernize areas, we just build a new place ten miles up the road for rich people and everyone else gets their old neighborhoods once they move.

that's not true. sometimes the new place gets too crowded so the rich people kick everybody out of the old neighborhoods, modernize them, and move back in

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

like hermit crabs. carcinisation again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Homocow posted:

the countries most influenced by murdoch's media empire all have terminal brainworms

It's truly shocking how much damage one guy can do

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Peanut President posted:

yeah golf carts are legal in indiana (depending on town ordinance). lots of people drive them around the little town i live in. They'll even put little zip up covers on them in the winter.
That's actually kind of cool. Most drives are less than 3 miles. That's golf cart range.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I saw a kei truck on the road yesterday it was great

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:ssj: :ssj: :ssj: :ssj: :ssj:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

"camping"

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cNmUNHSBac

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Ahh, reconnecting with nature

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

lol nice minivan

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

long

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh don’t mind me. just pulling up in my looooooong truck

Apr 7, 2003

Aphex Twin truck

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Went for a bike ride past a marina yesterday and there was just a clusterfuck of giant lifted trucks with boat trailers circling around and jockeying for position to try and get to the boat ramp

The bike ride was nice tho

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
found an old documentary on carbrain

Disney's "Motor Mania" from 1950

E: fixed URL to a non-corrupted copy.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3puybc

i watched this as a kid and it's ridiculous how things have only gotten worse

seventy two years ago and their hyperbolic parody of how bad driving was is an improvement over the modern reality

Harik has issued a correction as of 23:10 on May 9, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dog Case posted:

Went for a bike ride past a marina yesterday and there was just a clusterfuck of giant lifted trucks with boat trailers circling around and jockeying for position to try and get to the boat ramp

are those abandoned jersey barriers? if so lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ArmZ posted:

Nature is healing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Harik posted:

found an old documentary on carbrain

Disney's "Motor Mania" from 1950

E: fixed URL to a non-corrupted copy.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3puybc

i watched this as a kid and it's ridiculous how things have only gotten worse

seventy two years ago and their hyperbolic parody of how bad driving was is an improvement over the modern reality

Those disney shorts were insanely funny and that's far from the only one to make fun of bad drivers. The one where gooby goes on a road trip and gets stuck behind an RV with the driver partying in the back makes me lol

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
yeah, it's just this one really stuck with me for the carbrain-because-of-car bit and the joke at the end "armed with how the other guy feels, he gets back into his car and promptly turns into an rear end in a top hat."

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

whose the guy here who works at waka kotahi. announce the cycle events and ferries coward

e: wrong thread

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Harik posted:

there's a whole bunch of stuff from the 1920s to the 1950s that's kinda interesting to see today because constant car murders hadn't yet been fully internalized and rationalized as normal. there was a sense of outrage about it from mainstream sources that's been pushed to the fringe these days after decades of training society at large to shrug this stuff off

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dog Case posted:

that’s a handsome bike

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

ArmZ posted:

Yep! This is right next to a wide gravel area on the path that used to be open to cars. There are some parking spot bumpers lost in the moss and ferns, too

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dog Case posted:

sharp looking bike goonsir :coolfish:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bike.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Nice.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

She really should be on a smaller frame

Apr 7, 2003

This is for ONE (1) intersection being closed to repair a crosswalk + surrounding concrete for a few weeks.

You can't close anything for maintenance around here because business owners whose traffic is 90% generated on foot will complain that cars have nowhere to park or drive while the work is ongoing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
long hair ted cruz upset that improvements require work, time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

It's all foot traffic!! No one drives to that street to eat! It's all office workers walking over!!!!