Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lil Nas X should be the next Doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
To really piss em off the next should be a straight white dude, but with a comically thick French accent.

"Zoot alors, it eez ze Dalek"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inceltown posted:

Lil Nas X should be the next Doctor

Give him a Beatles haircut and a bad suit and I honestly think it could work.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Skwirl posted:

To really piss em off the next should be a straight white dude, but with a comically thick French accent.

Replace the wheezing groaning TARDIS noise with the sound of a poorly tuned accordion and you've got yourself a deal.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Skwirl posted:

This might actually start a war. I'm all for it.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

BioEnchanted posted:

"Who's that?"
"Let's just say we have history..."
"Oh, it's your ex?"
"Also, my wingman."
But also lol that everyone can be mature and kind. Like that seems unfathomable to a lot of the negative attitudes online.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Pauly Shore as the new Doctor

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Inceltown posted:

Lil Nas X should be the next Bond

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1523510831673077760?s=20&t=Id9QByet1pQRfx7t4jLJPg

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Skwirl posted:

As long as it's Patrick Stewart and why christmas boots didn't suggest this...

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is also kinda the problem with Doctor Who getting a high profile and actual budget, I reckon. The Doctor is meant to be a weirdo! They usually hire dudes who are a little on the uncanny valley or play it up to act like it, and they've always had a lot of ace and/or queer undertones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT21zCzUPN0

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

my loving god

every loving muskrat stan should have a Davy Crockett nuke shoved into their mouth and then asked to do a grade school hello world program. like jesus the un warrented fanboyism that musk has is such bullshit.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I like the idea but hear me out Werner Hertzog and there's essentially no action in it, just flying through time talking about what he finds.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Okay Werner Herzog should definitely be.the next Doctor Who

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

He was already in Star Trek he’s done his time in the campy sci-fi world.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

christmas boots posted:

He was already in Star Trek he’s done his time in the campy sci-fi world.

He's still doing Star Trek, and I think he was in more X-Men films than anyone except Hugh Jackman.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

https://twitter.com/Best_captain_/status/1522596149454336001

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I think they captured his essence

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Uncanny.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The picture too.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Considering "Extreme Programming" is a thing, Hardcore Software Development could easily become a new "agile" methodology that expensive consultants will offer to teach you.

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 12:31 on May 9, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SimonChris posted:

Considering "Extreme Programming" is a thing, Hardcore Software Development could easily become a new "agile" methodology that expensive consultant will offer to teach you.
It's just about process visibility with an emphasis on I/O.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ConSelfOwns/status/1523504263611269120

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gort posted:

I think they captured his essence

Yeah in the Dark Crystal sense

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Betteridge's law of headlines

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

https://twitter.com/NotJayOwen1/status/1523560689495048192?t=uYFiE-dSbSTiGASYgYmtpQ&s=19

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The best question on old OKCupid was "Why don't birds get hurt when they stand on power lines?" because there's the correct answer, and the real correct answer "They do get hurt, they just express it poorly."

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The best part of old okcupid was messaging your 99% enemy and challenging them to a duel, and finding out that okcupid's enemy% was really accurate because none of those humourless fucks would play along at all.

That site was actually pretty good at surfacing people you could have an interesting conversation with even if you had no intention of dating. I got some really good music recommendations from there.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
It's also worth noting that online dating is even more appealing for the queer community, because as lovely as it is, at least you can immediately tell if a girl you're interested in is also into girls, and don't have to deal with strife like 'at what point can I say I'm asexual without killing any hope of a relationship in the first place'.

Sure, your chances might be dire anyway and you might hate the experience, but it at least removes those dangers.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I met my wife through tinder. I like to say we did tinder wrong because it is an app for hookups (or at least it was back in the day).
I think dating apps kind of broke my friend a little bit (at least 10 years ago). Before he used to have long term relationships (long term being about a year or two for him) but once online dating apps became a thing he would just try get laid as much times as possible. He would have a few dates with someone for a week or two but never anything long term. He would try fit in as many dates with as many women as possible in a week. He even tried to paw off some of the women he wasn't interested in onto me which was not appreciated by me or the women. The whole online hookup thing became a habit for him for a few years. At least now he is in a committed long term relationship so it was probably a phase.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Madkal posted:

I met my wife through tinder. I like to say we did tinder wrong because it is an app for hookups (or at least it was back in the day).

Same and same. Been together 7 years now and married just over 2.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Cleretic posted:

It's also worth noting that online dating is even more appealing for the queer community, because as lovely as it is, at least you can immediately tell if a girl you're interested in is also into girls, and don't have to deal with strife like 'at what point can I say I'm asexual without killing any hope of a relationship in the first place'.

Sure, your chances might be dire anyway and you might hate the experience, but it at least removes those dangers.

I've got a queer friend who bemoans not being able to find anyone, but also refuses to try dating apps. She's social enough and has lots of friends and acquaintances, but the sheer number of people who've told her "god if I wasn't straight I'd date you in a heartbeat" is staggering. Still can't convince her to give 'em a try

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My wife and I have been together since before dating apps (or even smartphones, really), and I think that if our marriage ever ends I'll probably just have to live with being single for the rest of my life because I don't think I can adjust like that.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
It made the process a lot more efficient on a pretty basic level, for me. Once you sift through the endless fake profiles trying to either get you to sign up for another site or pay for the one you're on, if messaging was behind a paywall, it was nice to be able to instantly screen for obvious religious fundamentalists and KKK members here in the south.

Beyond that and knowing they're actually single, just being able to weed out a lot of red flags was so helpful, e.g. I see up front that your lists of favorite movies/shows and books are exclusively anime and manga respectively, instead of having to find out about that when I walk into the creepiest apartment I've ever seen.

Oddly enough, my wife and I met on okcupid 11 years ago, but it turns out we had a mutual friend in her department at the university who tried to set us up right after, only for us both to say, "Wait, I already met that person last weekend, we're going out again tomorrow." Something something destiny.

EDIT: Just made me remember something horrible yet related. We recently found out that our creepy old guy neighbor who spends his days shirtless sitting in a lawn chair in his driveway and calling cops on children in the neighborhood, whose wife died of covid January of last year, bounced back from that loss really quick and had the neighbors telling us this assist with getting on ChristianMingle and then, inevitably, sexting and sending dick pics. Turns out he's kind of a huge slut and had like 7 women going at once, he'd listen to a voicemail from one on speaker (or answer a call) while with one of the others.

I've never felt more vindicated in my decision to not get too friendly with him, I do not need to see Bob's little Bob.

BaronVonVaderham has a new favorite as of 19:48 on May 9, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

On the one hand that address is just the central downtown building right next to the big square you tend to see photos of for any sort of rally or protest in HB, on the other hand these were the cops who trained sniper rifles on the counter protestors during a literal white supremacist rally in HB in 2018 so

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Breetai posted:

*Probably the worst contrast between quality of casting vs quality of script since post-Goldeneye Bronson.

I know you meant Brosnan, but dammit, I want to live in a world where Charles Bronson played 007.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/catrussy/status/1523453814203768832

(Tony is not the idiot.)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That is a really nice name, actually. Looks drat good in print.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Xochitl? She must be Don Cheadle's daughter.

:dadjoke: