Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Deltasquid posted:

Just heavy drinking

Adding to this, the Dutch judiciary ruled that oil companies incorporated in the Netherlands (which a lot of them are for tax reasons) could be held directly liable by citizens for climate change, which is a groundbreaking judgment and sufficiently spooked them that a lot of those companies are looking to move HQ elsewhere. But yeah, Americans think every country must be just as bad or even worse than their own

euros forget that each euro country is more like an individual state than the entire usa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Americans will never be able to understand Belgium or Switzerland

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ArmZ posted:

euros forget that each euro country is more like an individual state than the entire usa.

People always say this but its mostly bollocks imo. There are way bigger practical and cultural differences between different counties in Europe than there are between US states.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I really want to know what Red Bull engine fuckery is going on that they can have something break and lose 6 seconds a lap but an engine mode switch gets almost all of it back.

Could be fuel shenanigans?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
All the other cars are trash

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

ArmZ posted:

lmfao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
What country would be the Louisiana of Europe?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Sombrerotron posted:

I'm sure the firmly entrenched rights to abortion (which is actually becoming less restrictive still as a result of two bills proposed by, among others, the "right wing business ghouls"), euthanasia and same sex marriage (the latter two, incidentally, having been introduced within the last 30 years and being world-firsts if I'm not mistaken) do not count for anything at all. Nor does a judiciary that, for example, has effectively told the government to do more about combating climate change. The Netherlands is obviously just as bad as [insert country of choice here].

just lol if you think Urgenda-Staat is anything but an incredibly obvious example of the complete moral, political and legal emptiness of Dutch society. The case itself is cool it surely presents itself a properly binding legal declaration, but if wonder if you actually know how effective it’s actually been in practice. In practice, all three of our last 3 cabinets have completely ignored the ruling and continued on their merry neoliberal ways.

In all aspects of government, from the municipalities to the provinces to The Hague, binding legal and constitutional safeguards are broken in order to police and criminalize the least powerful groups in society, while a completely depoliticized electorate happily votes for yet more of the same. The hard truth is, that there is little to nothing left of the Dutch rechtsstaat, and you’re fooling yourself if you think otherwise. 30 years ago we might’ve been good social liberals, but that’s all gone now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wish there was a readable website for sports discussion in tyool 2022

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Charles Leclerc posted:

Drunk, unbelievably corrupt, but incredibly fun, cheap, and anchored by an old city thats a toilet for drunken tourists?

Its the Czech Republic

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

spaceblancmange posted:

Like Miami, one day soon The Netherlands will be swallowed by the sea. Really makes you think.

I can't wait

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I really want to know what Red Bull engine fuckery is going on that they can have something break and lose 6 seconds a lap but an engine mode switch gets almost all of it back.

Cheating.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

nawilo_420 posted:

I'm dutch myself you absolute moron.

imagine posting something like this openly

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

serious gaylord posted:

Sensor freaks out, limiting some part of the power unit. Engineers identify which sensor is broken, and whatever "fault 5-0" command they asked perez to apply bypasses the sensor, resuming (sort of) normal operations. Similar things have happened before, can't remember which cars.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wow so you’re saying Red Bull is bypassing sensors on the car? Sounds sketchy.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Belgium is a place that is proud of a statue of a little boy pissing. All I need to understand.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Pretty bad race but at least it led to a thrilling political discussion. Thank you.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Cimber posted:

Belgium is a place that is proud of a statue of a little boy pissing. All I need to understand.

If Max keeps winning we will all be taking golden showers

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is funny, to me, but i have bad taste. :shrug:

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

People always say this but its mostly bollocks imo. There are way bigger practical and cultural differences between different counties in Europe than there are between US states.

You need to have a culture before any differences can become apparent

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

an iksar marauder posted:

You need to have a culture before any differences can become apparent

Is consuming vulgar quantities of ranch dressing not culture?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Charles Leclerc posted:

In terms of poverty, Nazis and lots of excellent food it's probably Greece

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Lucky bastards

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Drunk, unbelievably corrupt, but incredibly fun, cheap, and anchored by an old city thats a toilet for drunken tourists?

Its the Czech Republic

Gotta hand it to the dutchmen to make their toiletcities self flushing

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

They have this thing called a hybrid system

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

serious gaylord posted:

It's called motor racing

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Like all computers, they fixed it by turning it off and turning it back on again

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Horner mentioned that during the race yesterday. The problem was a sensor fizzled out so they had to switch to a backup mode which used another series of sensors.

In other words, they routed to alternate power.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Disappointed to see that Little Teri bungled it when he was about to flex on Mercedes by finishing ahead of both Russell & Hamilton.

Happy for our hero Max getting back on championship form.

Who the hell was that post race interviewer that interviewed the top 3 drivers? He was horrible

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

culture is a myth perpetuated by the aristocracy to justify their own evil

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

Who the hell was that post race interviewer that interviewed the top 3 drivers? He was horrible

Incorrect.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

ArmZ posted:

Tell me you post in cspam without directly telling me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

DrunkPanda posted:

Willy T Ribbs, he owns.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

nawilo_420 posted:

My sincere goondolences. I genuinely think you should appreciate your country a bit more, it's not perfect but there's so much worse out there. I'd know, I'm Belgian

ArmZ posted:

I bet you also believe in the end of history, huh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Deltasquid posted:

My sincere goondolences. I genuinely think you should appreciate your country a bit more, it's not perfect but there's so much worse out there.

What in the heck is wrong with this po-

quote:

I'd know, I'm Belgian

Oh

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Deltasquid posted:

My sincere goondolences. I genuinely think you should appreciate your country a bit more, it's not perfect but there's so much worse out there. I'd know, I'm Belgian

I bet you also believe in the end of history, huh

lol Belgian dumbass

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

nawilo_420 posted:

Deltasquid posted:

I'd know, I'm Belgian

People literally tripping over themselves to self own, it's absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dang you guys sure seem defensive over your shithole countries, not me this place sucks

sad about terry boatass taking a wide turn and losing two spots, you'll get em next time champ

boop the snoot posted:

Wow so you’re saying Red Bull is bypassing sensors on the car? Sounds sketchy.

red bull are cheaters, confirmed