Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Deformed Church posted:

oh poo poo what

Click a button, hold down Enter, watch number go up fast. This works for most any other idle games missing fancy buttons just as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Click a button, hold down Enter, watch number go up fast. This works for most any other idle games missing fancy buttons just as well.

Yeah I should have mentioned that when I recommended the game. It's absolutely crucial in 2 or 3 layers

Len posted:

Yeah I'm past matter and it's still not buying anything automatically:iiam:

You know it's talking about incrementy buyables, not upgrades, right? Buyables are 3 big buttons at the top of incrementy

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Len posted:

Yeah I'm past matter and it's still not buying anything automatically:iiam:

I'm playing it right now too and it's very sparse on autobuyers, or letting you keep them for all that long. I'm using an autoclicker because then I can just move it from Neutrino purchase to the next so I don't have to click 1000 times every reset.

I'm hoping this 2nd Origin QoL isn't just taking the piss and actually lets me keep all the autobuyers.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

a gay lion named Tangiers posted:

Level13 got an update for the first time in over a year, I don't think I saw it mentioned here.

Not sure what all has been added, but the changelog mentions "many more enemy types and many new items"

So after tinkering with this for a bit and getting through most(?) of the second floor I'm not sure how idle it is. While the camps are nice they're still quite slow and you have to do tons of manual exploring anyways.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah I should have mentioned that when I recommended the game. It's absolutely crucial in 2 or 3 layers

You know it's talking about incrementy buyables, not upgrades, right? Buyables are 3 big buttons at the top of incrementy

You mean the ones I'm still having to click?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Len posted:

Post yer save then, maybe we'll find what's wrong

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Len posted:

If you have the Write milestone in AM and the number of Incrementy buyables (Speed, Strength, Stamina) still aren't noticeably going up on their own gonna have to say try changing your browser. It's working for me in Waterfox/Firefox.

e: You are watching it for like, a few seconds, right? It only goes off once a second, it's not a fancy instant autobuyer like you'd find in an Antimatter Dimensions-like that will just make number go up near instantly if you've upgraded it to go off every few milliseconds.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 8, 2022

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I have to be missing something because i'm working on neutrinos but the speed/strength/stamina buyables won't auto buy.

https://justpaste.it/59k0h

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Okay, somehow your save file got busted since it's doing that on my end too.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Okay, somehow your save file got busted since it's doing that on my end too.

and here i was hoping it was just me being dumb again.

i'm also not sure what unlocks next i have nothing else to click except neutrinos every now and then

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Len posted:

i'm also not sure what unlocks next i have nothing else to click except neutrinos every now and then

Unlocks aren't exactly forecasted, you just kinda have to keep building stuff until new things pop up and finish off all the old stuff you can before then. The design philosophy here is kinda older-style idle game of number for the sake of number; you'll eventually unlock new neutrino options, then once you finish the first row of particle upgrades you get a new row where you unlock gluons, and you keep going until you run out of layers.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Did you gently caress around with system time? Looks like your time in the i layer got broken
Use "player.i.time = 1" in the console to fix it. I dunno how the time variable works exactly but it fixed it on my end

Len posted:

Keep clicking them, you get the next upgrade at 60k particles

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Unlocks aren't exactly forecasted, you just kinda have to keep building stuff until new things pop up and finish off all the old stuff you can before then. The design philosophy here is kinda older-style idle game of number for the sake of number; you'll eventually unlock new neutrino options, then once you finish the first row of particle upgrades you get a new row where you unlock gluons, and you keep going until you run out of layers.

Yeah "just keep doing it" always works. There's never an unlock more than 15 minutes away

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GrossMurpel posted:

Did you gently caress around with system time? Looks like your time in the i layer got broken
Use "player.i.time = 1" in the console to fix it. I dunno how the time variable works exactly but it fixed it on my end

Keep clicking them, you get the next upgrade at 60k particles

Yeah "just keep doing it" always works. There's never an unlock more than 15 minutes away

not for this game but yes i did

Musluk
May 23, 2011

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdeptImmenseAtlanticblackgoby-mobile.mp4

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I never had to imagine what an "oof" animation would look like for a beehive but, well, there it is.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Evolve idle: Entered antimatter universe yesterday... I'm guessing that doing a bunch of 3* MAD runs to build up anti-plasmids to the softcap (+100 for Bleed), then 4* bioseed around to pick up any dangling achievements is the right move?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Evolve idle: Entered antimatter universe yesterday... I'm guessing that doing a bunch of 3* MAD runs to build up anti-plasmids to the softcap (+100 for Bleed), then 4* bioseed around to pick up any dangling achievements is the right move?

I'd start with 0*s up to bleed - AM is very slow to start - then swap to 4* as weak mastery won't affect you much if you're new. It's a good time to pick up more MADs for the 25 unique perk as well as the bioseeds, yeah. Bioseeds are more efficient for AP if you want to get out of AM asap.

The 6 unique planetary biomes bioseed at 4* achievement & perk is particularly useful.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 9, 2022

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

I'd start with 0*s up to bleed - AM is very slow to start - then swap to 4* as weak mastery won't affect you much if you're new. It's a good time to pick up more MADs for the 25 unique perk as well as the bioseeds, yeah. Bioseeds are more efficient for AP if you want to get out of AM asap.

The 6 unique planetary biomes bioseed at 4* achievement & perk is particularly useful.

I already have the 4* 25 unique MADs and 0* unique bioseeds (I'm one 4* away from replacing it). I'm not exactly "new", this is just an old save from a year or two ago. I had a lot of progress already knocked out in the standard universe, but I think I was playing before swapping universes was even a thing. I have 112% general mastery, so weak mastery hurts. I already have 300 anti-plasmids and progress is picking up a bit.

I only have about 1k plasmids banked right now, so it feels like "bleed" isn't going to be super useful for me. Like, the 100 under-softcap anti-plasmids will be worth more than ~25 regular plasmids kicking in. Regardless, I'm going to grab it during my current run anyway just to get it out of the way.

[edit]
Duh, I just looked at a calculator and bleed will be worth ~13%, versus another 100 anti-plasmids being worth ~2%

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 9, 2022

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I too think i have a problem with the 5 Amoeba milestone ("Once per second buy one of each Incrementy buyable")

It is supposed to buy "Incrementy Speed", "Incrementy Strength" and "Incrementy Stamina" right? That is not happening for me.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Musluk posted:

--can't timg a video and that's too big to have inline again--

Butt bees!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Oh yeah you're well past new. Really unless you are icon hunting there's no need to do anything besides 3* bioseeds and then a 4* blackhole out for the universe specific achievements. It'll still be a decent ~30% boost and some storage outside of AM though so not a complete waste of time.

And yeah, Bleed is what makes AM tolerable. Worst universe, by far, and only feels worse the deeper into endgame you get because of that mastery & faith debuffs.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ineptitude posted:

I too think i have a problem with the 5 Amoeba milestone ("Once per second buy one of each Incrementy buyable")

It is supposed to buy "Incrementy Speed", "Incrementy Strength" and "Incrementy Stamina" right? That is not happening for me.

It only buys them if you can afford them.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I've been running Idle Spiral for a week and a half and it's some really jank progression elements going on. Would only recommend if you can be particularly active with it because the auto-buys are semi-broken and the main factor for progression (Battle Spiral) requires the game to be running. It's interesting to see how an idler without a clear grasp of balance fares.

For example, Challenges. First one, straightforward and basic "achieve X value". It is reasonably paced, reward is a nice boost and completing it gets you another perma-upgrade. Second one, maaaybe doable when you unlock it, stalls heavily after getting the first or second clear, minimal boost. Third challenge, seemingly difficult, trivial once you understand the gimmick and can be completed with heavy active play immediately upon unlock. Fourth challenge, nowhere near completable on unlock, have not completed a single level after a week afterward. Big reward though. And so forth. It's wild!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Farm RPG is currently celebrating it's One Year Anniversary, and to stop it from further consuming the iOS gaming thread, I've created a dedicated thread for it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001873. Now is the perfect time to jump in with the Anniversary Event they are running right now providing big boosts to money and XP, check out the thread and join us!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Evolve chat:

Bioseeding around through antimatter to pick up achievements and build up anti-plasmids. On my first bioseed, I realized why the space dock + genesis ship section would always end up taking me a day or two all on its own... I wasn't researching all the way to quantum manufacturing, so my nanotube production would be awful and a massive bottleneck. Nanotubes are still a bottleneck, but now it's only a bottleneck for a few hours, not 16-24 hours.

:doh:

And I just realized why I haven't been seeing any of the hybrid planet biomes (ashland, etc)... need to bioseed off of the appropriate type of world first.

Double :doh:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Making hybrid planet unlocks universe specific was such a weird choice.

Not that it really matters as they're useless outside of the achievements.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I want to like FarmRPG but I find the UI pretty unintuitive, I never know where I need to go when I want to do thing x, and it feels more like fighting a menu than playing a game if that makes sense.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Oenis posted:

I want to like FarmRPG but I find the UI pretty unintuitive, I never know where I need to go when I want to do thing x, and it feels more like fighting a menu than playing a game if that makes sense.

I just wanted to see the game before having to sign up for an account. So I didn't.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Playing evolve super unoptimally.

Total Resets: 14
MAD Resets: 7
Bioseeds Resets: 5
Cataclysm Resets: 1
Black Hole Resets: 1

Currently in Antimatter, Trying to get 50 monuments in Banana Republic (at 47) but may just leave if my blackhole destabilizes before I get there. At 255,889 game days played on this current game. Slow paced game but it's working for me, I'm not sure how people can stick with doing like 255 MAD resets because I find that first part of the game super tedious.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Oenis posted:

Jhet posted:

I just wanted to see the game before having to sign up for an account. So I didn't.

I hear that, which is why I only started playing something like 5 months after the first time I considered the game, but it is something you quickly get used to and becomes second nature over time. However there are definitely still plenty of improvements that could be made to the UI (My kingdom for including The Town in the side-menu), but the dev is still incredibly active with the game and I'll expect we'll keep seeing lots of improvements in that kind of area.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Sibling of TB posted:

Currently in Antimatter, Trying to get 50 monuments in Banana Republic (at 47) but may just leave if my blackhole destabilizes before I get there. At 255,889 game days played on this current game. Slow paced game but it's working for me, I'm not sure how people can stick with doing like 255 MAD resets because I find that first part of the game super tedious.

Once you get enough Mastery & Harmonic Energy you can blaze through the early portions of 4* pretty quickly. Of course, a 4* Ascension + Pillar run takes ~100-150k game days optimally. Also automation scripts.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 13, 2022

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The Farm RPG dev is incredibly receptive of suggestions, to the point where he has said something is a good idea and implemented it into the game the same day.

Im getting the impression he is simply bogged down from working on the new features and dont have time to consider minor improvements and QOL changes.

If there is something you feel is missing just make a suggestion.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Tried Trimps on steam and got tired of it after just two portals. I truly hate resource caps of any kind. Exponential scaling already ensures nobody is going to blitz through your game because they got 8 hours of linear progress overnight instead of 1, no reason to slow things down even more.

It also errs way on the side of "prestiging barely does anything" even in the very early game.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Trimps is a slower one, some idle games are good for multi year journeys this is one. If that isn't what you are looking for it's not for you.

Idle pins is another long haul slow burner. Trimps is an idle game from a time where it was normal to play 5 or 6 idle games at a time and you expected to touch them maybe once an hour a bit but mostly just once a day.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Jhet posted:

Hell, I am at the point that if I have to even sign up for an account I just nope out.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

edgeman83 posted:

Hell, I am at the point that if I have to even sign up for an account I just nope out.

It’s more an MMORPG than a typical Idler, hard to do that without an account.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You can just have an anonymous account without any signup required, and let people create an explicit account if they want to log in from other browsers or not lose their data if they clear cookies.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

pixaal posted:

Trimps is a slower one, some idle games are good for multi year journeys this is one. If that isn't what you are looking for it's not for you.

Idle pins is another long haul slow burner. Trimps is an idle game from a time where it was normal to play 5 or 6 idle games at a time and you expected to touch them maybe once an hour a bit but mostly just once a day.

This is true but trimps only hits that point once you unlock alot of the automation options. Until you get there you have to touch it every 10 minutes or less to keep it anywhere near optimal, since letting it run for 3 hours vs touching it once every 10 minutes is going to give you about the same progress.

But thats why auto-trimps exists.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
trimps has been around forever and is from before the time when automation was common. even with auto trimps it's still kind of a slog and doesn't have any of the fun inflection points a lot of games have these days, it's just standard slight prestige currency upgrades forever

I've bounced off the game 3 times now and been decently deep, it's just from the time of cookie clicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Klungar posted:

It’s more an MMORPG than a typical Idler, hard to do that without an account.

That's fine and all, but there's no promo material or pictures or anything. But there's nothing available for me to decide if I'm even interested in the game on a splash page or something. There's an extremely basic description of the game and a prompt to log in or create an account and nothing to suggest that it's even an mmo of any sort.