Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JEFF VS BOB 0 0%
BCC VS AFO 3 2.86%
WARDLOW VS W MORRISSEY 3 2.86%
JERICHO VS SANTANA 2 1.90%
LUCHA ANGEL VS REY FENIX 93 88.57%
DEONNA VS MERCEDES 4 3.81%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope the winner becomes a shoot Hart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like Dax might go over Cole simply because they'll probably want to use Cole somewhere else on the PPV. But then Cole/Joe, for example, also has the air of PPV match about it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

Dax should win the whole thing, and we're for sure getting a low blow false finish that's going to spike our collective blood pressure

Omg you're right this low blow might kill me

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

I feel like Dax might go over Cole simply because they'll probably want to use Cole somewhere else on the PPV. But then Cole/Joe, for example, also has the air of PPV match about it.

I doubt it, Cole in the finals seems the end point as he has little else going on. reDRagon are feuding with Jurassic Express and FTR. I assume it's Cole vs the Joker as the final

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I hope we get one Owen-inspired prank out of the tournament. There's been lot of deserved praise for Owen's other abilities and legacy but some of my favorite memories (also I read the first few Foley books about a dozen times each) of Owen were the goofs.

Wouldn't want it to become a farce but you've got a slot labeled Joker, someone has to sell a bag of popcorn like death for me

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW is coming to TNT in Spain this June. Seems like Battle of the Belts only though?

https://twitter.com/canaltnt/status/1523603686097752064

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The prominence of Sydal in that trailer is pretty funny.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

AEW is coming to TNT in Spain this June. Seems like Battle of the Belts only though?

https://twitter.com/canaltnt/status/1523603686097752064

Huh, judging by the trailer it's not even the most recent Battle of the Belts!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
KOR is the only Canadian in the tourney so he will win.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

KOR is the only Canadian in the tourney so he will win.

What about the Joker?

What if the Joker is Teddy Hart?

What then?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I misread the post and thought AEW was doing a battle of the belts in spain lol i was like you'd really guess canada or the uk first

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

I misread the post and thought AEW was doing a battle of the belts in spain lol i was like you'd really guess canada or the uk first

Nothing but respect for my Spanish God

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

What about the Joker?

What then?

Then AEW deserves to be cancelled

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Briscoes showed up in impact and won their tag belts last night so now they should unify them with the roh and aaa tag titles in briscoes ftr 2 imo

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
i could not possibly care less about impact but i'm really happy for the Briscoes. they're one of the best tag teams of all time and they deserve any and all belts they get

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Sandman McMahon posted:

What about the Joker?

What then?

If Teddy wins the Owen then I will buy it from whatever pawn shop he takes it to.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Sources are telling me the Joker is Kenny!

Otherwise, the Owen seems like it will be the Adam Cole rehabilitation tournament. He is made out to be a big deal, but needs to win something.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sandman McMahon posted:

What about the Joker?

What then?

This operates under the idea that Teddy won't be in jail by Wednesday, still lots of time

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Teddy Hart finally taught a cat to wrestle, and that cat is the Joker.

Sure, we've seen Samoa Joe beat a human, but a cat? The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Samoa Joe.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I want them to do several fakeouts for the joker

Like gargano comes out but miro throws him off the stage then it turns out that buff cameraman was actually chris hero the whole time but hes replaced by cesaro

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is the Joker match even this week?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Is the Joker match even this week?

They've already announced four tournament matches for this week, so looks like both Joker matches are next week.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Teddy Hart would be the maximum comedy option but my true shoot pick for the Joker is Elias

Do you think his 90 days are up yet?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Carwash oval office posted:

Otherwise, the Owen seems like it will be the Adam Cole rehabilitation tournament. He is made out to be a big deal, but needs to win something.

Or, hear me out on this one. He could win nothing. And then get off my drat TV, and go back to his Twitch stream. There's that option.

OK, Adam Cole/reDRagon vs Kenny and the Bucks, that I'd like to see, but otherwise, he can just go back to Twitch, and then Miro can get off of Twitch and back onto TV in his place.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Kvantum posted:

Or, hear me out on this one. He could win nothing. And then get off my drat TV, and go back to his Twitch stream. There's that option.

OK, Adam Cole/reDRagon vs Kenny and the Bucks, that I'd like to see, but otherwise, he can just go back to Twitch, and then Miro can get off of Twitch and back onto TV in his place.

would you self describe as a member of theCHUGSArmy?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68x1Yx9kW2g

immediately laughing my rear end off at this week's BTE

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sandman McMahon posted:

What about the Joker?

What then?

Tyson Kidd re-signed after the rumours he resigned, right? Putting him against Joe in the first round would be a bold move.

I doubt they'd debut a nobody as the Joker but Michael Richard Blais is sort of the last of the dungeon trainees by proxy so he'd fit. And be immediately murdered by Joe.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What is the source of the hate for Adam Cole?

Is he playing the role of a heel that well or are there other issues?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TV Zombie posted:

its EMF's potent hatred that has infected us all

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

he’s a manlet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

new toy isnt new anymore

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
overexposure, primarily, I would say. Cole's a guy that works great at the big shows but when he's doing similar things week-to-week it gets kind of samey especially when there's other areas of interest on the roster that could be cycled in and out

either that or everyone is jealous of how cool and handsome he is, plus he wins a lot. who can say for sure!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

new toy isnt new anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

he's too popular

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jealous of the access to infinite free toothbrushes that comes from dating a dentist

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Adam Cole is skinnyfat and needs to get on the Meatboy diet STAT!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
most of the adam cole hate is people working a bit, yeah. far from the first bit people have gone hard on that others took seriously and unfortunately it'll be far from the last

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Tyson Kidd re-signed after the rumours he resigned, right? Putting him against Joe in the first round would be a bold move.

I doubt they'd debut a nobody as the Joker but Michael Richard Blais is sort of the last of the dungeon trainees by proxy so he'd fit. And be immediately murdered by Joe.

tyson kidd hasn't been able to wrestle for a very long time after his neck injury and as much as i'd love to see him recover i don't think he managed to luck out the way that some other people's 'career-ending injuries' weren't

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

He doesn't know how to pronounce baby

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Michael Richard Blais aka Chucky Blaze as I call him rules and I’d mark my rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

smarxist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68x1Yx9kW2g

immediately laughing my rear end off at this week's BTE

no Stu. :smith: