Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

god loving drat it Lou Lam is sabotaging the Islanders.

Trotz gonna get hired by the Devils or Flyers or something and stop the old, backwards-rear end Islanders. At this point, I won't even be disappointed by the now completely expected exodus of Barzal and other young talent. Well, any young talent that Lou hasn't already traded away.

Can't wait for Trotz and Mitch Korn the goalie whisperer to go to a division rival and have some Philly third stringer stonewall us again and again and again. All the rain is piss today. Fuckin' Lou Lam raiding the nursing home for wingers and d men, letting any hope die with the blue skies to go with.

I'm beyond words dumbfounded and mad. What player wants to come to the Islanders? "Welcome to Long Island! We've got Werthers Originals, Humira, and $5x7 deals for anyone who can put up 20 points? Nobody? No one? $7x7? Any takers? Welp, guess we better sign Matt Martin again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Trotz come to Philly, you'll love it, I promise

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1523666446856818688

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hello, yes, one Barry Trotz to Detroit, please, thank you.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Eric the Mauve posted:

I have a hard time seeing where Trotz is likely to land. Trotz to the Knights should be a loving slam dunk but they're probably too dumb to make it happen. Likewise the Flyers. Yzerman will probably call him but not sure if he wants to take on a rebuilding team at his age or follow Stevie's marching orders. The Devils would be a real interesting fit if they fired Ruff but they didn't and they're stupid so that won't happen. The Maple Leafs should give him a blank loving check but I can't see Shanahan/Dubas doing that, plus he may already have taken another job in the week it will take them to get eliminated and fire Keefe.

Islanders will probably hire Quenneville if the Knights don't.

I can't imagine Trotz would want to bother with a team that is in full rebuild mode, but it'd be interesting if he was. I guess there might be other intriguing options for him in the next couple weeks depending on who gets eliminated.

Also, can anyone bank on hiring Quenneville? I thought he had to seek permission directly from Bettman to be re-instated, and while my expectations for this league are very low, I'm not sure that's a slam dunk.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MJeff posted:

*me shoving you violently out of the way* don't listen to him!!!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Please god do not go to another Metro team

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

Yes, please

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLarkinHockey/status/1523668244439367680

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How many playoff teams should be throwing vials of covid into their own locker room right now to get eliminated before somebody else grabs Trotz.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eric the Mauve posted:

I have a hard time seeing where Trotz is likely to land. Trotz to the Knights should be a loving slam dunk but they're probably too dumb to make it happen.

If the last two seasons have taught us anything, it's that the Knights will throw money and goodwill at even marginal improvements to the roster, so it would seem a slam dunk. Particularly as they need someone that can work with an old and creaky roster.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

How many playoff teams should be throwing vials of covid into their own locker room right now to get eliminated before somebody else grabs Trotz.

Toronto, Florida, St. Louis, Colorado, Nashville, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Dallas.

Washington is only omitted because he wouldn't go back?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Flyers please

Isles gonna be so bad next year

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Man the Panthers would be fuckin' perfect for Trotz but no chance in hell they'll fire Brunette when they won the Presidents and Brunette will probably get the Jack Adams.

Ummagumma posted:

Also, can anyone bank on hiring Quenneville? I thought he had to seek permission directly from Bettman to be re-instated, and while my expectations for this league are very low, I'm not sure that's a slam dunk.

lol

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

If anyone in this league would hire Quenville or Babcock, it would be Lou

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rotten Cookies posted:

If anyone in this league would hire Quenville or Babcock, it would be Lou

Babcock would be hilarious, do it Lou

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'd say I think it's gonna be Q to the Isles. But Q may be smart enough to realize that while aggressively protecting an active rapist didn't end his career, taking the Islanders job right now probably will.

So yeah it very well might be Babcock.

Like that job is the world's most obvious career killer for a coach. Whoever takes it has to be desperate for any NHL job, or just dumb.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Man the Panthers would be fuckin' perfect for Trotz but no chance in hell they'll fire Brunette when they won the Presidents and Brunette will probably get the Jack Adams.

lol

The Panthers going from Panthers hockey to Barry Trotz hockey would be soul crushing

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Trotz would be perfect for the Jets

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

The Panthers going from Panthers hockey to Barry Trotz hockey would be soul crushing

Well yeah I personally prefer they continue to be one of the most entertaining teams in hockey and go out in the first round every year, but I'm not a Panthers fan

...wait a sec, that also describes the team I AM a fan of. Dammit.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Trotz would be perfect for the Jets

He's a good ol Manitoba boy and everything.

(TNSE is probably too dumb to make this happen so I hope Trotz shoots it down ASAP)

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
If you were to look at the Islanders roster for the past two seasons, you probably wouldn't guess that they had back-to-back Conference Finals visits. It really does feel like Trotz elevated this team.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/MollieeWalkerr/status/1523670698501099520?s=20&t=eaiYmCR6rzKvEEgdxU6kgA

:bisonyes:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Lmao

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

so happy for barry. hope he goes to literally any team that isn't the flyers

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Why the hell couldn't Jarmo have just thrown an Interim tag on Larsen so they could've potentially upgraded if someone like, I don't know, Barry Trotz came available?

...who am I kidding, they could've had Gallant and passed.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
For teams that just missed the playoffs, Vegas seems like the best choice. I feel like there's at least two or three teams currently in the playoffs that could be interested too though

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

whatis posted:

For teams that just missed the playoffs, Vegas seems like the best choice. I feel like there's at least two or three teams currently in the playoffs that could be interested too though

We are heroically assuming that they fire DeBoer. Which they should, but haven't yet

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Probably because they're still negotiating with Q and Plan B is to just let DeBoer come back

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
lol I was going to joke that Vegas needed some time to research the shittiest and scummiest way to fire DeBoer, but backdoor negotiations with Q would surely fit the bill

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

FBS posted:

He's a good ol Manitoba boy and everything.

(TNSE is probably too dumb to make this happen so I hope Trotz shoots it down ASAP)

He would be a local hero if he came back to coach the Jets. Everyone else seems to want him, so now I'm convinced that he is the ONLY coach for the Jets.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Came to this thread for the Trotz takes. This is amazing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:tif:

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Trotz's mom passed away last year and his dad still lives in Dauphin. Trotz coaching the Jets would be a Hallmark movie in the waiting. Local-born big shot coach comes back to the small city to coach the local team and spend time with his lonely father while also learning the true meaning of Christmas.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Koth posted:

He would be a local hero if he came back to coach the Jets. Everyone else seems to want him, so now I'm convinced that he is the ONLY coach for the Jets.

If Trotz actually took the Winnipeg job from among multiple offers you could only assume it's a semiretirement gig to him and he won't really give a poo poo

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Or a Christmas miracle.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSuperAJ/status/1523694266697928704

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh gently caress me, now he’s going to get hired by ESPN for playoff coverage…

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

speaking of that

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1523694352551137286