Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Has there been any word when Mgs2 and 3 might go back up in the store? They were delighted a week before I got my xbox.

I honestly doubt it will happen unless there's a modern console remake. I don't think either Sony or Microsoft allow any sort of changes on the PS3/360 code side of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Could the disc still work or was it a special digital only release that got BC? I only ask because I noticed the disc has Peace Walker on it and my digital copy only has MGS 2 and 3

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

hatty posted:

Could the disc still work or was it a special digital only release that got BC? I only ask because I noticed the disc has Peace Walker on it and my digital copy only has MGS 2 and 3

Sure, it works. You get all three games with that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The disc should work fine, the only issue is that you can't buy the digital versions from the Xbox store anymore. Peace Walker is still up on the 360 store and is backwards compatible for Xbox One.

Is the store the only way to download a game to your series S? Can you purchase PW on the 360 store and initiate the download through a browser window or something?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is the store the only way to download a game to your series S? Can you purchase PW on the 360 store and initiate the download through a browser window or something?

Yes, you can do that. You can even use the Xbox mobile app to download any game, even if you don't own it. This can be convenient in some cases, such as preloading a game coming soon to Game Pass or whatever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Your guardian angel was doing everything in their power to try and keep you from playing SF4 again but you didn't listen.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

MechaSeinfeld posted:

but most importantly, gamepass is stupid with how good of a deal it is what the gently caress.

I had no idea Game Pass existed until my wife surprised me with an S for Xmas and I'm still blown away by how awesome Game Pass is

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005
Peace Walker is available for purchase on the updated store, not just the 360 store. Outside of a few weird exceptions like Jet Set Radio and Skate 2, if it's playable on the XB1/S/X and not disc only, it should be purchaseable on the new store.

Another one of those easy to miss things, about 2 years back MS went through and overhauled their store backend and brought 98% of the stuff stuck in the 360 store to the new one in order to make good on their promise of 4 generations co-existing. Unlike Sony digital storefronts lol.

Snyderman fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 9, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man, Trek to Yomi is gorgeous. It's not a very deep game and the combat doesn't thrill me but it looks amazing and that keeps me going

Citizen Sleeper looks neat but I have no idea what the gently caress is going on and there is way too much to read

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I've never seen Peace Walker on sale. loving Konami.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MGS HD collection is one of the few games I keep my PS3 around for.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat ghostwire tokyo. You guys should enjoy it next year. It took like 12 hours skipping all the filler side objectives and the set pieces are amazing even if the gameplay loop is weak. Hope they get it running better and fix the terrible rain effect they used for when the xbox ver comes out tho. Pc was a little rough in those regards

I liked it a lot more than deathloop

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I shan't be playing that turd, OP. Today or ever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Typical

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

MGS HD collection is one of the few games I keep my PS3 around for.

I still have it for that, and PS1 games on TV. I should probably replace that with an emulator or a Vita TV but the latter got real expensive.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its kind of depressing how expensive the actually good Sony products are. Imagine if they kept making those instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The vita tv? They sold them for 12 dollars to be rid of them years ago.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

priznat posted:

Man, Trek to Yomi is gorgeous. It's not a very deep game and the combat doesn't thrill me but it looks amazing and that keeps me going

Citizen Sleeper looks neat but I have no idea what the gently caress is going on and there is way too much to read

What console are you playing it on?

On series X it’s a laggy pos for some reason, but on PC it’s buttery smooth and I have no problems parrying.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

The vita tv? They sold them for 12 dollars to be rid of them years ago.

once they got hacked the price skyrocketed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think they ever did a good job at explaining what the PSTV actually was.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sounds like Sony alright

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nuts and Gum posted:

On series X it’s a laggy pos for some reason, but on PC it’s buttery smooth and I have no problems parrying.

Maybe that's why I suck at it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Remember the PlayStation Classic? It had to use PAL roms probably because the hardware they chose couldn’t run the games at 60hz lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

the hardware they chose couldn’t run the games at 60hz lol

yes it could , you can side load the NTSC roms

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Then why’d they put the 50hz versions of the games on there? It makes no sense now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no idea! Sony don’t give a poo poo about older games anymore is my guess. but it could definitely run them. I have it and it can run pretty much any PS1 rom you throw at it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sony just hates gamers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You can tell which consoles were the real Sony consoles because they launched with a Ridge Racer game.

PS1? Ridge Racer. PS2? Ridge Racer V. PSP? Ridge Racer(s). PS3? Ridge Racer 7. Even the Vita had an incredibly bad Ridge Racer game.

I didn't mind my PS4 but it was so characterless. It was just a port machine. By far the things I enjoyed the most were Yakuza and the Persona games.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
When I'm on my deathbed, thoughts of achievements, lovers, family and friends will pass in an instant and then I will succumb to the darkness with only one thought:

"$599 US dollars"

"Riiiidge racer! ...It's ridge racer!"

"Giant enemy crab"

$599 US dollars"

"It's ridge racer!"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He was right because Ridge Racer owns

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when they wanted you to use your PSP as a rear view mirror in GT.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The coolest random thing Sony did was that ps3-branded 3d-tv that used the 3d filtering thing to let you play "splitscreen" depending on which side of the TV you were on

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Nuts and Gum posted:

When I'm on my deathbed, thoughts of achievements, lovers, family and friends will pass in an instant and then I will succumb to the darkness with only one thought:

"$599 US dollars"

"Riiiidge racer! ...It's ridge racer!"

"Giant enemy crab"

$599 US dollars"

"It's ridge racer!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Nuts and Gum posted:

PC. I get the occasional hitch but hasn’t affected gameplay and I think I just had too much crap loaded in the background as other games seem to get it too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

priznat posted:

Yeah the game looks incredible for being done on what is a smaller budget. I kinda just wished they used that team and assets for an RPG or something more engaging.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

Remember when they wanted you to use your PSP as a rear view mirror in GT.

The second screen gimmick was a fun one. Not that it ever worked in any real way other than maybe the original nintendo ds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hatty posted:

Then why’d they put the 50hz versions of the games on there? It makes no sense now

Cause playstation was taken over by the lovely europe office and sucks rear end ever since

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The second screen gimmick was a fun one. Not that it ever worked in any real way other than maybe the original nintendo ds.

It was pretty good on the Wii U. Stuff like having a detailed map available at a glance or touch-screen inventory management right there on the controller was nice. Not many games used it really well but a few did.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Ridge Racer 2 for the PSP is fantastic. I have no idea why it wasn't released in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The PSP Ridge Racers have the best music in the series, and "best Ridge Racer music" is not a statement to make lightly.