Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Back at my old engineering job there was a contractor who was charging 80 hours a week but he didn't seem to be around much, they found him sleeping in the ceiling lol

like, what, he was just climbing into the drop ceiling and sleeping there?

impressive either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chamale posted:

In December I was wearing my respirator and a senior in a surgical mask asked me to stay six feet away from her in line. Most people had stopped caring about that long ago

wearing a respirator is unironically the only way to get anyone to social distance these days

and if that doesn’t work, just start pretend-coughing and say “sorry I have covid” or “drat that’s a lot of asbestos”

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

hekaton posted:

its possible that people who get it multiple times would think that it couldnt be covid because they already had covid, so unless they got severely ill on a subsequent round they'd chalk up any sickness to the flu or a cold or allergies and at this point the rapid tests only work like a third of the time anyway so....

yea a coworker came to work sick as hell (fuckin why even if covid didn't exist) and told someone it wasn't covid because he "already got it"

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Parity warning posted:

yea a coworker came to work sick as hell (fuckin why even if covid didn't exist) and told someone it wasn't covid because he "already got it"

“yeah I caught covid last year then again a month ago so this must just be allergies or that stomach bug that’s been going around”

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Parity warning posted:

Lmao. This poo poo is never going away

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Koirhor posted:

talking to my son about broccoli

“how do you know if you don’t like covid unless you try it?”

I listened to the science

Chamale posted:

In December I was wearing my respirator and a senior in a surgical mask asked me to stay six feet away from her in line. Most people had stopped caring about that long ago

it's really funny how people treat a respirator like it makes you more likely to give them COVID

Tighclops posted:

This is my respirator. There are many like it, but this one is mine

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Back at my old engineering job there was a contractor who was charging 80 hours a week but he didn't seem to be around much, they found him sleeping in the ceiling lol

A coworker of mine at a gas station job years ago told me about how when we worked at a Toys-R-Us he found a big bin of clothes that were on sale that he would just hide in to sleep for his whole shift. He eventually got fired after he no call no showed a day where he decided to go snowboarding instead of working, later he got fired from the gas station for just walking out in the middle of his shift one night (we were on overnights, it sucked). I wonder what became of this hero, antiwork back in like 2008 before it was cool.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

nice, congrats! way to kick its rear end

oh :whitewater: uh, not nice? how ya feeling?

I'm at like 90% normal. my ability to smell and taste started to come back yesterday afternoon and now I'm just trying to cough up the rest of whatever's still in there. tiny bit of congestion left too. I'm about to go take a walk to test my lungs, hopefully i didn't sustain any damage

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm at like 90% normal. my ability to smell and taste started to come back yesterday afternoon and now I'm just trying to cough up the rest of whatever's still in there. tiny bit of congestion left too. I'm about to go take a walk to test my lungs, hopefully i didn't sustain any damage
The lore at the moment is to rest as much as you can for like a month to help prevent long covid. So uh I hope it’s a short walk.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I'm always curious when people who don't normally bother masking at work all of a sudden start masking for a few days. Do they currently have covid? Were they just exposed? Did they realize that being maskless was a bad idea and decided to start wearing a surgical/cloth mask for some reason (lol no they will be back maskless within a week)?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bar Crow posted:

The liberal world is defined by praise and scolding.
along these lines, xpost from the succ thread,
washingtonpost hostin their own little super spreader :lol:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

dxt posted:

I'm always curious when people who don't normally bother masking at work all of a sudden start masking for a few days. Do they currently have covid? Were they just exposed? Did they realize that being maskless was a bad idea and decided to start wearing a surgical/cloth mask for some reason (lol no they will be back maskless within a week)?

iirc, the current quarantine protocol is 5 days quarantine, 5 days mask wearing.

If you see someone start wearing a mask out of the blue on Monday and they stop on Friday, that is because they had COVID

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Chamale posted:

https://twitter.com/watermelonpunch/status/1523598928544821248

Maybe catching covid will be like eating a delicious new meal!

mission accomplished

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Dren posted:

Is this where we post to laugh at Bob Wachter, who cajoled his wife into dropping her guard and getting infected because he can't imagine life without treats?

Please give the deets I would like a sensible chuckle.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Strep Vote posted:

Please give the deets I would like a sensible chuckle.

https://twitter.com/BernieDogs4/status/1523655284593291265?t=ouu0J97Gbw8MjRUxyaQzvA&s=19

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Is he taking apprentices?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Shiroc posted:

https://twitter.com/petersavodnik/status/1523408605218701312

bonus that you also get some terf whining about pronouns later in the thread
:ughh:

Sorry, I don’t know why people being insanely obtuse and cringey still surprises me in the least.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

Can I just tear a hole in space and time and leave this reality for a better one?

Sadly no.
Dec 21, 2012 was the end of the Mayan long count calendar, and while the "world didn't end" like some people predicted, we did enter a "new age of enlightenment" where the planet is taking back control: so many "once in 100 year weather events" since ~2012 across the globe, and a novel virus that makes us dumber with each infection *citation needed.

Until the human race wakes up, it's going to get much worse. (Hint - we ain't waking up until it's too late - and that window closed decades ago)

Agent Smith was right:
I'd like to share a revelation during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

So while I wrote the above in jest, doesn't it feel like there could be some truth to it? Doesn't the last ~10 years, feel like a bizarro world different from the decades before it? A glitch in the program? Regardless, keeping this as a "cope" mechanism in the back of my mind has helped me mentally navigate through this crazy time, but it's sad I have to do that.

Don't worry though, each long count only lasts for- *holds hand to ear piece* 5,868 years? That can't be right...

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

like, what, he was just climbing into the drop ceiling and sleeping there?

impressive either way

I'm not sure the exact details but he apparently had crawled up through a tile above his desk and tunneled his way through to an area he found suitable for setting up camp. He had to have been over 70 too and barely spoke a word of english, he used to scream at the IT guy in Chinese until he'd leave him alone. The guy was incredible.

dxt posted:

A coworker of mine at a gas station job years ago told me about how when we worked at a Toys-R-Us he found a big bin of clothes that were on sale that he would just hide in to sleep for his whole shift. He eventually got fired after he no call no showed a day where he decided to go snowboarding instead of working, later he got fired from the gas station for just walking out in the middle of his shift one night (we were on overnights, it sucked). I wonder what became of this hero, antiwork back in like 2008 before it was cool.

Amazing lol, I'm imagining an unsuspecting family finding him.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

I'm not sure the exact details but he apparently had crawled up through a tile above his desk and tunneled his way through to an area he found suitable for setting up camp. He had to have been over 70 too and barely spoke a word of english, he used to scream at the IT guy in Chinese until he'd leave him alone. The guy was incredible.

A real life george costanza :patriot:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

bedpan posted:

iirc, the current quarantine protocol is 5 days quarantine, 5 days mask wearing.

If you see someone start wearing a mask out of the blue on Monday and they stop on Friday, that is because they had COVID

I don't recall seeing the new masker last week, but I also don't interact with him often. I know he's full open Biden tho so this is probably it. I'm sure his loose fitting surgical mask and 5 day quarantine will be enough to keep the rest of the office from getting sick :rubby:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
This is the first day in almost two weeks that both of my kids aren't sick with something. I am EXHAUSTED.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shiroc posted:

https://twitter.com/petersavodnik/status/1523408605218701312

bonus that you also get some terf whining about pronouns later in the thread

wow they're going to be in for a shock when right wingers start literally murdering liberal politicians now let me just take a big sip of my coffee

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:rubby:

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1523755014665105408

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

hahaha

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hahahah

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
nb: the aid package for Ukraine which will pass is $40b while the covid relief package (written by mitt romney) which will not pass is $10b

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

love my dying country

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

nb: the aid package for Ukraine which will pass is $40b while the covid relief package (written by mitt romney) which will not pass is $10b

very odd how we keep finding money for war but not for healthcare, makes you wonder how we can afford it.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

this is a sincere question, im totally ignorant of whats going on in ukraine and why—but why do dems and libs care so much about ukraine?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

U-DO Burger posted:

love my dying country

I don't

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gio posted:

this is a sincere question, im totally ignorant of whats going on in ukraine and why—but why do dems and libs care so much about ukraine?

It's all about virtue signalling

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Gio posted:

It Was Her Turn!

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Gio posted:

it was her turn.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
wow only $40b that's a lot of value for killing a lot of Ukrainians and Russians to serve the important needs of *checks notes* owning the commies Putin somehow

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

nice.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Gio posted:

It's all their advisors tell them and it's all thr talking heads on the TV talk about and they're in an information bubble and out of touch, so

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Gio posted:

because every other issue requires spending money on americans which is a nonstarter

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Gio posted:

opportunity for massive/recurring military sales to ukraine, ability to strong-arm russia in a handful of matters a bit more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also, Ukrainians are not persons of color.