Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

From the comments: "When the 2nd best army in the world turns into the 2nd best army in Ukraine"

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

A.o.D. posted:

From the comments: "When the 2nd best army in the world turns into the 2nd best army in Ukraine"

:vince:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Well, if that’s not thread title material I don’t know what is.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

No mobilization or war declaration at the parade. Odds are looking good for the Ukrainians making serious gains this summer.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

golden bubble posted:

No mobilization or war declaration at the parade. Odds are looking good for the Ukrainians making serious gains this summer.

Not looking good: Russian fire insurance companies solvency.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Alan Smithee posted:

DAAAAA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAA
DAAAAA DA DA DA DA DAAAAA DA DAAAAAAAAA
DAAAAAAAAAAA DA DA DA DA DAAAA DA DAAAAAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5fenjzeh7g

An Anthem fitting for and played with all the elegance of Today's (Russian) Army/Military. :golfclap:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Why? The game climaxes with a friendly fire incident.

:thurman:

A.o.D. posted:

:thurman:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
This just happened to the Russian ambassador to Poland

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lol

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

golden bubble posted:

Apparently Putin's speech said that they had to attack Ukraine because 'the west' was getting ready to invade Russia. It's amazing how brazen he is about the lies since none of that was mentioned in his actual speech justifying the attack less than three months ago and the documented evidence of the Russia build up on Ukraines border going back 6 to 9 months before that.

Not that attacking Ukraine, who was largely unaffiliated with the west (I.e. non-NATO, non-EU, no significant treaties other than the one with Russia assuring their sovereignty) makes any sense as something that would deflect an imminent invasion. Indeed, tying your forces up in some meaningless side-action would be the ideal time for an attack were one coming.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cimber posted:

Ambassador and security guy: "Yeah, about what I expected."

The woman in between them: "Ahhhhh. I'm just wearing the RF invasion ribbon, WTF?!"

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Cimber posted:

Any chance it was an actual Russian or sympathiser who threw the paint?

Making their own drama would be a viable tactic to them, otherwise kudos to the paint thrower.

edit: it was a Ukrainian journalist, respect. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 9, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just Another Lurker posted:

Any chance it was an actual Russian or sympathiser who threw the paint?

Making their own drama would be a viable tactic to them, otherwise kudos to the paint thrower.

Pretty sure the Poles would fight anyone claiming it wasn’t a Pole. lol

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Has anyone made a version of the Russian Anthem that’s composed of fart noises? That seems appropriate. And if it accidentally gets used at an event like the Borat anthem at that shooting competition, well that’s just fair.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is the best version imo

https://youtu.be/-OxK4lPRoww

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Why? The game climaxes with a friendly fire incident.

Oh you glorious motherfucker.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

That Works posted:

its so amazing

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/ItsBorys/status/1523664324950036480

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

That Works posted:

Wasn't that a deliberate gently caress you after some kind of Russian fuckery that affected Egypt?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fearless posted:

Wasn't that a deliberate gently caress you after some kind of Russian fuckery that affected Egypt?

No, I mean it may have been, but the Egyptian military band just loving sucks.

https://youtu.be/9TA4pKPasM0

https://youtu.be/0F90QfoXfVA

Conversely

https://youtu.be/QvK7oKVaJis

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 9, 2022

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Oh my god.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Fearless posted:

I don't think so, the band did the same for the Marseillaise a year or so later.
The Russians did stop flights to Egypt after Metrojet Flight 9268 blew up, but that was well after Putin's visit.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Buy them some recorders so they can really poo poo things up.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Torrannor posted:

I know it's supposed to be a feelgood story, but all I can think about is how hosed up it is that children have a real, pressing need to learn about mine safety :smith:

Yeah it's been kinda buried in all the news of looting, rapes and executions, but basically every town that the Russians have captured and then relinquished has been saturated with anti-personnel mines. Kids are going to be losing limbs for the next generation or two.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

A Festivus Miracle posted:

World in Conflict was amazing and sadly they just recently killed the official multiplayer online servers forever.

TBH, the game was incredibly ambitious for what it was trying to achieve in 2011 and it saddens me to no end that we won't see something like that again.

2007 actually.

That game owned and was ahead of it's time. Gonna replay it tonight I think.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

2007 actually.

That game owned and was ahead of it's time. Gonna replay it tonight I think.

Same here.

Also apparently the only two things the US cannot lend to Ukraine are things with nuclear material and merchant ships.

:gritin:

OK let’s start naming crazy stuff we can ship to Ukraine, even if it’s not practical or possible yet, say like a couple of reactivated B-52s complete with ALCMs.

:sherman:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Dusts off copy of Flight of the Old Dog books

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
b1s upgraded to R spec and all the stand-off missiles you can bolt on them?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I want to see some modernized F4s gently caress things up.

Because the F4 is awesome looking.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I call it "The Iron Eagle 3 Gambit"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

There's gotta be a few squadrons of Apache's with nothing going on, and a pile of Hellfires nearing expiration, right?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

zoux posted:

I call it "The Iron Eagle 3 Gambit"

Iron Eagle was F-16s.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Arrath posted:

There's gotta be a few squadrons of Apache's with nothing going on, and a pile of Hellfires nearing expiration, right?

Marines drawing down a lot of aviation and armor should put plenty in the warehouses, but again we run into the the training issues as told before.

I guess you can’t really sheepdip US personnel in the Information Age the way we used to, otherwise you’d see a lot of very experienced newly civilian pilots flying Apaches for Not A CIA Front, Inc.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CainFortea posted:

Iron Eagle was F-16s.

What was Iron Eagle 3 about

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

zoux posted:

No one knows.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

zoux posted:

That one had a p-38 vs Messerschmitt 263 and a Zero crashing into a target.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

GD_American posted:

Marines drawing down a lot of aviation and armor should put plenty in the warehouses, but again we run into the the training issues as told before.

I guess you can’t really sheepdip US personnel in the Information Age the way we used to, otherwise you’d see a lot of very experienced newly civilian pilots flying Apaches for Not A CIA Front, Inc.

"Here Ukraine, take this $200m cash for miscellaneous military aid."

"Why Blackwater Academi Constellis, I heard Ukraine is a great place for War Criming! And they very conveniently have the exact amount of cash needed to pay you."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CainFortea posted:

That one had a p-38 vs Messerschmitt 263 and a Zero crashing into a target.

Now imagine those planes crashing into a BMP-3

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

"Here Ukraine, take this $200m cash for miscellaneous military aid."

"Why Blackwater Academi Constellis, I heard Ukraine is a great place for War Criming! And they very conveniently have the exact amount of cash needed to pay you."

Yeah what the gently caress am I thinking. we still play the same gently caress-gently caress games, just now we have to run them through an Evangelical billionaire Eschaton fanboy dipshit

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Also apparently the only two things the US cannot lend to Ukraine are things with nuclear material and merchant ships.

Do the A-10s DU rounds count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I would trust giving untrained Ukrainians the heavy weapons before trusting blackwater contractors.