Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
New episode dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
You mean yesterday at the normal Friday drop time? Started looking for a new drop and got confused.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s not the bitcoin bailout this is the real reason Jones has been in better spirits suddenly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

0konner posted:

It’s not the bitcoin bailout this is the real reason Jones has been in better spirits suddenly.

Multiverse Star-Lord?!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Listening to the series of episodes they did on Alex's End Game "documentary." It was a trip to hear the origin of the strings in the KF intro music. I'm on Part 3 right now and Dan just said "Jordan we've only got 45 minutes of this left" and I laughed because there was still an hour left in the episode and two more 2 hour episodes after that.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Tree Dude posted:

Listening to the series of episodes they did on Alex's End Game "documentary." It was a trip to hear the origin of the strings in the KF intro music. I'm on Part 3 right now and Dan just said "Jordan we've only got 45 minutes of this left" and I laughed because there was still an hour left in the episode and two more 2 hour episodes after that.

Sounds like a laugh, what episodes are the ones where they review his documentaries?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
#130 and #230 are the two documentary series. And yes, they are wild.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
The clip from today's episode where Alex mentions he's 29 in 2003 InfoWars is wild. Did he ever smoke? Even back then he sounds old and worn.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Alex is/was doing that voice on purpose because he's trying to sound like Rush Limbaugh. I think it was on his Behind the Bastards episode where they revealed that he hasn't always sounded like that and he said that he wanted to sound more gruff like Rush early on. He may have done that voice for so long at this that it hosed up his vocal cords too though, so maybe he can't not sound like that any longer.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 9, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah if you haven't heard much Rush, 2003 era Alex is just straight up a Rush impersonation. Alex's best impression work tbh, he has all the aspects down.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
That explains it. I haven’t been exposed to Rush’s voice since probably back in 2003, when I would spend summers vacation with my grandparents.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
They mention in this episode that he's doing a Rush voice because they couldn't believe a 29 year old could sound like that

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Also, decades of abusing hard spirits like bourbon will do that to your voice. As me how I know.

Could his cocaine abuse contribute to his voice? Apparently, being high on coke affects the way you hear pitch (this is why Oasis' second album sound like poo poo), so I wonder when he hears himself he thinks "must go lower".

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think he's had many vocal cord lesions from screaming which creates scar tissue and then you perma sound like a goblin.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Marsupial Ape posted:

Could his cocaine abuse contribute to his voice? Apparently, being high on coke affects the way you hear pitch (this is why Oasis' second album sound like poo poo), so I wonder when he hears himself he thinks "must go lower".
I don't have any opinion on Oasis' second album, but cocaine affecting the way one hears pitch is almost certainly not true. Like there are some exceedingly rare cases of hearing loss?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The Sandy Hook plaintiffs have nonsuited InfoW, LLC, InfoHealth LLC, and PrisonPlanet LLC in all cases in both states. They have all filed requests for a status conference so they can get a hearing sooner than May 29th. They are also withdrawing their motions to dismiss as with the non-suit and Jones’ refusal to join himself or Free Speech Systems to the bankruptcy means that the Court can immediately dismiss them from the action. We’ll see if it works!

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I realize this may come off as a really basic question, but what does "nonsuit" mean in this context? Does it mean they are dropping the lawsuits against those specific corporate entities? (Under the logic that those corporate entities no longer meaningfully exist.) Would doing so mean they can resume legal action against the specific persons involved without the bankruptcy putting a stay on things?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
#168: Alex Vs. Bill Ayers must be added to the OP.

Holy. loving. poo poo.

Bill Ayers apparently went in completely blind and he's utterly befuddled and has no idea what that insane person is talking about. :magical:

//edit: Wow, Alex Jones is getting repeatedly turbo murdered, just relentlessly dunked on by someone a thousand times more educated than him. And it just keeps going even after Bill Ayers starts being a bit of a dick to Alex.

If someone did this to me on my own show I'd flee and live under an assumed name in a remote village on the other side of the globe and hope nobody ever figures out who I am.

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 9, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

FFT posted:

I don't have any opinion on Oasis' second album, but cocaine affecting the way one hears pitch is almost certainly not true. Like there are some exceedingly rare cases of hearing loss?

Apparently, it's called sudden bilateral sensorineural hearing loss

Also, shut up, dweeb, I bet you don't even believe Marylin Manson removed a rib so he can suck his own dick.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Morroque posted:

I realize this may come off as a really basic question, but what does "nonsuit" mean in this context? Does it mean they are dropping the lawsuits against those specific corporate entities? (Under the logic that those corporate entities no longer meaningfully exist.) Would doing so mean they can resume legal action against the specific persons involved without the bankruptcy putting a stay on things?

Yes nonsuit means they dropped them as defendants from their lawsuits. Since Jones has declared these are empty shells that have no assets, the families have all filed voluntary dismissals of the three bankrupt entities. The suits continue against Free Speech Systems and Jones personally along with the rest of his enterprise, but the bankrupt entities are no longer defendants.

They cannot resume legal action in Connecticut or Texas until the bankruptcy court remands the cases back to the trial courts. This will happen at the latest following the hearing later this month. However, the families are pushing for an immediate hearing with the judge so he can say “yup, y’all are not debtors peace out” without having to go through their motions to dismiss the bankruptcy. They are withdrawing their motions to dismiss the bankruptcy because they are not creditors and should not be parties at all.

If the judge grants their requests, the bankruptcy of the three empty shells will continue without the Sandy Hook parents at least until the judge grants the US Trustee’s motion to dismiss later this month.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I think the problem with Oasis is wholly based on them being Oasis and blaming the drugs is shifting responsibility unfairly from a lovely band on to an innocent substance.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

correction: he must have said 1h45m. like "we have a lot of this to get through we better keep moving." my bad! still... 10hours of podcasts about End Game is insane.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yes nonsuit means they dropped them as defendants from their lawsuits. Since Jones has declared these are empty shells that have no assets, the families have all filed voluntary dismissals of the three bankrupt entities. The suits continue against Free Speech Systems and Jones personally along with the rest of his enterprise, but the bankrupt entities are no longer defendants.

This is a safe thing to do, right? Jones cannot, for example, cancel the bankruptcy and start funneling assets back into the empty shell companies to hide wealth from his legal obligations?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Morroque posted:

This is a safe thing to do, right? Jones cannot, for example, cancel the bankruptcy and start funneling assets back into the empty shell companies to hide wealth from his legal obligations?

Correct. Any such transactions would be easy to unwind. Besides, Jones has already funneled basically all of the money away already. That's why there is another suit trying to unwind those transfers. The courts have already pierced the corporate veil here and declared that all companies are just Jones' alter ego, so it's just a matter of getting the right court orders and tracing the money.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Antigravitas posted:

#168: Alex Vs. Bill Ayers must be added to the OP.

Holy. loving. poo poo.

Bill Ayers apparently went in completely blind and he's utterly befuddled and has no idea what that insane person is talking about. :magical:

//edit: Wow, Alex Jones is getting repeatedly turbo murdered, just relentlessly dunked on by someone a thousand times more educated than him. And it just keeps going even after Bill Ayers starts being a bit of a dick to Alex.

If someone did this to me on my own show I'd flee and live under an assumed name in a remote village on the other side of the globe and hope nobody ever figures out who I am.
Episode 628 is great for this too. It's a flashback episode to sometime after the iraq war, and Ann Coulter has a book to promote. I think she knew who Alex was but was not prepared for crazy he would actually get. Getting asked for a source for something by Ann Coulter is insane.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Add Norm Pattis to the pile of lawyers to quit/get fired

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ctb.307502/gov.uscourts.ctb.307502.20.0.pdf

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
#234 Dan goes on a rant for a few minutes about how he hates the movie Elf. And I am all in for it

I think for the pure randomness and unexpectedness it's my favorite podcast.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Marsupial Ape posted:

Apparently, it's called sudden bilateral sensorineural hearing loss

Also, shut up, dweeb, I bet you don't even believe Marylin Manson removed a rib so he can suck his own dick.
Ah, that's cocaine and heroin combined, which I don't think Jones is typically accused of

i've done a lot of cocaine, hence my instintive doubt re: pitch

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

FFT posted:

Ah, that's cocaine and heroin combined, which I don't think Jones is typically accused of

i've done a lot of cocaine

we know

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Episode 628 is great for this too. It's a flashback episode to sometime after the iraq war, and Ann Coulter has a book to promote. I think she knew who Alex was but was not prepared for crazy he would actually get. Getting asked for a source for something by Ann Coulter is insane.

Yeah and he took that call as a victory lap for like three weeks

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Anyway, I've known several dudes that do that voice at all times, and only one of them did/does coke. It's an insecurity thing, imo, where some time in their 20s they decided that having a lower voice made them more imposing/credible/masculine but they never managed to make it sound natural.

Come to think of it, they're all at least right wing-adjacent, maybe it is just a Rush thing somewhere along the line. Probably more likely to be a PUA thing tho

stringless fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 10, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Status conference hearing set for Friday at 1:00 central time. If the Sandy Hook parents get their way, the judge will remand their cases back to the state courts at that point.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Can I be Alex's lawyer? I feel like at this point I'm honestly his best shot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Froghammer posted:

Can I be Alex's lawyer? I feel like at this point I'm honestly his best shot.

I think it's time for the Knowledge Fight/5-4 crossover event. Rhiannon is in Texas and everything

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Antigravitas posted:

I'm going through this now.

Why can't we have a fun conspiracy that isn't built on a bedrock of antisemitism?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Antigravitas posted:

I think this was said, but I didn't realize the violin hooks for the new/current intro came to from this era. Love a through line.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm going through this now.

Why can't we have a fun conspiracy that isn't built on a bedrock of antisemitism?

I'm sitting here trying to think of one, I really am. Have you ever just gone to /r/bigfoot and luxuriated in that crazy? They're all delusional and default to aggressive when critically questioned, but at least they don't talk about being antisemitic is they are. The current top mod is a 'witness' who claims to have smelled something bad in back yard and got spooked. Very earnest about it.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I do the same thing when my milk is spoiled. It's clearly a Soros plot to put ghosts in my breakfast.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

ILL Machina posted:

I do the same thing when my milk is spoiled. It's clearly a Soros plot to put ghosts in my breakfast.

Man, that ain't spoilt milk. That's fuckin' bigfoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I dunno, I feel like if I scratch the surface on cryptid conspiracy theories there would be a whole trove of "the people making sure the scientific community dismisses Bigfoot studies on principle? IT'S THE JEWS"