Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Cocaine Bear posted:

Jesus, how old are you?
We’re all 30+ here, boy…..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

deoju posted:

As far as 'the code' goes, I've also heard that talking about other players' kids is considered off limits too.

"How's your wife and my kids" is still a sick burn every time, kinda wish Letang wouldn't say it to refs though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm just trying to imagine what kind of poo poo Mike Ribeiro would hear

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

My new favorite is apparently one that Bo Byram dropped in juniors (I'm sure others have as well). "Next year I'm going to be making 925 while you are working 9-to-5."

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I actually feel bad for Rangers fans for that period. My god was that a brutal period and to see Shesterkin completely tailspin psychologically is extra tough

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The Rangers are dogshit garbage.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Rangers were credited with 2 total high danger chances all night and only 1 5v5. That's unbelievably bad.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

The Rangers are dogshit garbage.

I tried to warn everyone!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Rangers quit when it got to 5-2. Just quit. Didn't show up for the third period at all. Really ugly game but I guess it's just one game and with an elimination game at home they'll probably get a boost from the refscrowd.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

It blows my mind that Gallant demoted Vatrano while Mika was not only the worst player on that line tonight has basically been a ghost the entire series.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Vatrano was definitely the guy who was supposed to be covering the point shooter on at least two of the penguins goals so not necessarily undeserved.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Caps are legit gonna do four straight first round bounces after letting Trotz go, huh. :|

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

MJeff posted:

Caps are legit gonna do four straight first round bounces after letting Trotz go, huh. :|

Could be worse. Could have 6 straight first round bounces since 1996!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jovial Cow posted:

Vatrano was definitely the guy who was supposed to be covering the point shooter on at least two of the penguins goals so not necessarily undeserved.

Sure agreed but it's wild how everyone's piling on Bread and Igor and Z just gets zero criticism for his disappearing act.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

MJeff posted:

I mean they are playing Florida to an even series. It sucks how they lost tonight but it’s not like Florida has been carrying every game. 2-2 is fair right now.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Eric the Mauve posted:

"How's your wife and my kids" is still a sick burn every time, kinda wish Letang wouldn't say it to refs though

A classic.

There's that baseball movie with Tom Selleck that has another...

"Do you have any pictures of your wife naked? Do you want some?"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/dallasstars/status/1523849969731522560?s=21&t=kZjQaroaH4IFiRlJEmaFwA

gently caress on me this is one of the best photos I’ve seen in months

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/dallasstars/status/1523849969731522560?s=21&t=kZjQaroaH4IFiRlJEmaFwA

pretty fuckin ugly if you ask me

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Jovial Cow posted:

One went off of him and he got a stick to Friedman's which is why that puck stayed so low and found a hole.

Another...thing I guess I noticed is that Corsi wasn't super lopsided. 52-46. Of those corsi events though the Rangers were only able to turn 22 of them into shots. Fenwick count was a flat 30. Comparatively Pittsburgh were credited with 36 shots for and 45 Fenwick count. Just a weird thing. New York tried to throw rubber at the net, but nothing got through. Really seems like Sullivan and the staff has completely cracked New Yorks system and made their adjustments to the defensive zone and it really showed tonight. Could also be a lotta score effects too.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

:fap:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
N: https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1523845472690925568

V: https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1503852208252760068

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's taken many years, but I found the worst Stars fan in existence.

Home game, you're up 2-1 in a playoff series as a wild card team, you paid money to get yourself a ticket and you are screaming the whole game to fire the Stars head coach.

Hell, I don't disagree with the sentiment. But maybe wait til the series is over before you throw a public tantrum, you giant loving baby.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
As I always like to remind everyone, the Cup only counts if the winner goes 16-4 or better.

I'm thinking the Avalanche have a shot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was like 12 years ago, time to move on.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Shinjobi posted:

It's taken many years, but I found the worst Stars fan in existence.

Home game, you're up 2-1 in a playoff series as a wild card team, you paid money to get yourself a ticket and you are screaming the whole game to fire the Stars head coach.

Hell, I don't disagree with the sentiment. But maybe wait til the series is over before you throw a public tantrum, you giant loving baby.

oh if I knew it was you giving me the dirty eye Shinjobi I would have bought you a beer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

oh if I knew it was you giving me the dirty eye Shinjobi I would have bought you a beer

no joke I wondered for a moment if I was sitting next to you, lmfao

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Capitals are the champions!!! Of blowing leads.

I can't watch the games these days but I can tell after looking at it they'll get blown out the next two and go out. Man except for 2018 this franchise is playoff poisoned.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

I can't watch the games these days but I can tell after looking at it they'll get blown out the next two and go out. Man except for 2018 this franchise is playoff poisoned.

good to see you back Kawalimus. the drive by gloom makes me feel seen

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Yesssss he’s back!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
The idiot I forgot I missed.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I get being upset about the Capitals performance last night, but on the other hand, they've already won double the number of games I thought they would. And Samsonov looks like the goalie he's been touted to be. Small sample size blah blah blah

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I get being upset about the Capitals performance last night, but on the other hand, they've already won double the number of games I thought they would. And Samsonov looks like the goalie he's been touted to be. Small sample size blah blah blah

This and they were a few inches away from an empty net game winner. poo poo happens in playoff hockey, I can accept this loss. Love that Samsonov is playing lights out finally but I had already mentally prepared myself for him to get traded this offseason. gently caress me we may have another year of the Sammy/Vanacek train ride. If it looks like Samsonov is staying and I’m Vanacek’s agent? I’m demanding a trade. It does neither of them any good to remain on the same team.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
No lie, I had a few sentences written out before I realized I was replying to Kawilamus and it’s like, oh yeah duh.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jake Oettinger is gonna get paid

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I look at it the opposite way. If FL is up 2 or 3 games to none(or even 0-0 in this years context) and you lose this way its one thing. But when you're up in the series and in the game that late and blow it in that fashion its devastating. Theres no excuse or silver lining.

Like if the caps went up 3-1 but then the panthers ripped off the next 3 straight i can even see saying yeah, the better team won. But this sort of game is the one you look at later as the backbreaker.

Like you wonder how the SCF series would have progressed on if the Vegas guy had gotten his shot up higher, and "the save" was never made? Thats not the sort of thing you just shrug off.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 10, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

I look at it the opposite way. If FL is up 2 or 3 games to none(or even 0-0 in this years context) and you lose this way its one thing. But when you're up in the series and in the game that late and blow it in that fashion its devastating. Theres no excuse or silver lining.

We won a cup in 2018. Another cup would be awesome but all I really wanna do is watch Ovi slap dingers and chase down Gretzky’s record till the inevitable “blow it all up rebuild” when Ovi hangs up the skates.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ovechkin's already blowing stuff up that requires a rebuild.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Like if the caps went up 3-1 but then the panthers ripped off the next 3 straight i can even see saying yeah, the better team won. But this sort of game is the one you look at later as the backbreaker.

Like you wonder how the SCF series would have progressed on if the Vegas guy had gotten his shot up higher, and "the save" was never made? Thats not the sort of thing you just shrug off.

That is nonsense. Having the ability to take a couple games from a very likely cup contender is absolutely better than getting swept

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That is nonsense. Having the ability to take a couple games from a very likely cup contender is absolutely better than getting swept

Any team that wins the President’s trophy is automatically not a cup contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think you are misunderstanding. Yes it is better but it makes this loss more emotionally devastating from a fan's perspective. The series is already underway and the caps clearly had more of a chance to win than we all thought.