Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

That is one wild name to go with one wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pritzker recently signed into law the measure that gives vaccinated teachers paid COVID leave for themselves or for caring for a child.

Of course, as yet another gently caress You to everyone with young children during covid, the measure only applies to parents with children in elementary or secondary school. If your kids had to stay home for two weeks from their daycare due to being a close contact, well, too bad.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
My school district is going to cover covid days for both vaccinated and unvaccinated teachers because we had an outcry from all the unvaccinated teachers. Unvaccinated teachers are the vast majority. I weep for my kids when they get to jr high because the science teacher there is a big antivaxxer.

Edit: Agree on the daycare thing.

Nash fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 28, 2022

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
Trying to be a working person with a kid in daycare these days sure is good times, let me tell you.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is that the guy who raised a bunch of money from anti-mask rubes and then spent it on girlfriends and mistresses?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Is that the guy who raised a bunch of money from anti-mask rubes and then spent it on girlfriends and mistresses?

You'll have to be more specific.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/imLeor/status/1521558078155542528

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Ah, a perennial Chapo reading series favorite!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXTbskwCh3w

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Who's John Kass? I'd look it up but I'm too depressed.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

A right wing editorialist who used to work for the Chicago Tribune. Also a dumbass who wrote a lot of stupid opinion articles.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Your racist uncle's favorite writer.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
This is a pretty good takedown of Richard Irvin by a Elgin Republican.

https://thefirstward.net/richard-irvin-for-governor-when-pigs-fly/

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I somehow missed j(ac)kass wasn’t at the trib anymore. An especially egregious editorial or an accumulation of nonsense?

e: probably the worst option right, a graceful retirement

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 4, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The X-man cometh posted:

Don't read anything else on that blog.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I did, suburban republicans are loving monsters.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

racist shithead posted:

And let me tell you, the whole “black baby daddy” thing will not play well with conservative Republican voters.

Lol

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I love this hosed up state.

You'd think these guys would learn by now.

https://twitter.com/WGLTNews/status/1521964274159173633?s=20&t=EF3yhuqU8dHMIopXJPyJcg

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

I love this hosed up state.

You'd think these guys would learn by now.

https://twitter.com/WGLTNews/status/1521964274159173633?s=20&t=EF3yhuqU8dHMIopXJPyJcg

God I love Illinois.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you have any doubt your petition will get thrown out in Illinois, it will. My mom needed 25 signatures to run for the library board and got at least 100 while having a bunch of people check everything was correct. That’s like Illinois politics 101, even downstate rubes should know that.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

KDdidit posted:

If you have any doubt your petition will get thrown out in Illinois, it will. My mom needed 25 signatures to run for the library board and got at least 100 while having a bunch of people check everything was correct. That’s like Illinois politics 101, even downstate rubes should know that.

Yup. Always get at least double the signatures you need, make sure you're using the templates provided by the state/your party, get it checked over AGAIN by a lawyer before you submit, fill out as much as you can that's going to be the same (county, city, zips depending on what position you're collecting for) and MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS PRINTED AT THE TOP OF THE FORM. Someone screwed up? Don't you dare white it out. Got more than one sheet? BETTER NUMBER THEM AND DON'T YOU DARE STAPLE THEM IN THE CORNER, etc etc.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

KDdidit posted:

Oh yeah. The candidate I'm working with got double the number of signatures needed and still kept going. It's absolutely necessary.

The previous time I was treasurer for a candidate, she got her opponent completely removed from the ballot for paperwork. And that's just at the Township level, not even a regional one.

You'd think they'd learn but it's republican overconfidence every time.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Oh yeah. The candidate I'm working with got double the number of signatures needed and still kept going. It's absolutely necessary.

The previous time I was treasurer for a candidate, she got her opponent completely removed from the ballot for paperwork. And that's just at the Township level, not even a regional one.

You'd think they'd learn but it's republican overconfidence every time.

They get used to rules not applying to them and get sloppy. Or their leadership is just old and senile and forget.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Or they know they won't win anyway and want to have something to complain about to whip their wingnut supporters into a frenzy

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

CaptainJuan posted:

Or they know they won't win anyway and want to have something to complain about to whip their wingnut supporters into a frenzy
Nah this is the McLean county board and includes two Republican incumbents. They could and probably would win most of these races.... IF they didn't have to run as a write-in.

Still might - but at least for the Township race I helped with a year back, a 50/50 race went 75/25 for my candidate. It's an uphill battle for write-ins.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The X-man cometh posted:

Lol Irvin won the mayoral election in part because the guy he ran against was from Naperville, he's not going to do well in November.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm loving these hyperracist ads they're running against Irving. The ones that say he wasn't tough enough and may even support the words "Black lives matter"

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm loving these hyperracist ads they're running against Irving. The ones that say he wasn't tough enough and may even support the words "Black lives matter"

Are these the ones run by the Democratic Governors Conference? I think I'm fine with the democrats finally fighting back, even if it is in Illinois.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The Democratic ones hit him on his career as a defense attorney and call him soft on crime.

The racist ones are run by SuperPACs so it's hard to say who's behind them.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Illinois at least seems to be taking the position of being very open for abortion. Talks of Chicago even using funds to help people who need to travel here. Clinics are also looking to hire because they’re expecting a surge of people from anti-choice states like Indiana to come here.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Planned Parenthood is already expanding its Metro East location to handle increased need from out of state patients.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Abortions for all!

Jows
May 8, 2002

Cairo could position itself as the abortion Mecca for the entire South/Southeast.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Until a federal abortion ban in 2025, of course

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Talks of Chicago even using funds to help people who need to travel here.

More than talks - the city is giving 500k to abortion funds for travel and lodging for people coming from out of state.

https://twitter.com/BlockClubCHI/status/1523785005935304709?t=kXOGTbahjEoyWaF9EuMRnw&s=19

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The X-man cometh posted:

Planned Parenthood is already expanding its Metro East location to handle increased need from out of state patients.

There is talk in Missouri of declaring zygotes as citizens of the state there forth making out of state abortions illegal.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lammasu posted:

There is talk in Missouri of declaring zygotes as citizens of the state there forth making out of state abortions illegal.

Getting closer and closer to Civil War 2.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Illinois at least seems to be taking the position of being very open for abortion. Talks of Chicago even using funds to help people who need to travel here. Clinics are also looking to hire because they’re expecting a surge of people from anti-choice states like Indiana to come here.

Pritzker can arrange a deal with Hyatt Hotels for medical tourists. :wink:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lammasu posted:

Only until birth, after that the baby better fuckin be ready to fend for itself.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

xzzy posted:

Only until birth, after that the baby better fuckin be ready to fend for itself.

Thrown into the pit with worgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

The X-man cometh posted:

The Democratic ones hit him on his career as a defense attorney and call him soft on crime.

The racist ones are run by SuperPACs so it's hard to say who's behind them.

The racist ones - at leas the ones I've seen - are funded by People Who Play By The Rules PAC (sidenote: loving lol) which is chaired by Dan Proft and funded by Dick Uihlein. It's 100% republicans going after Irvin for not being racist enough.